Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Hair Designer, Wine
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 26, 2009
I'm so glad I ordered this product. I'm an African-American with natural hair (no perm or texturizer). I was looking for an easy way to dry my hair without it getting really tight. This dryer provided just what I needed.

I de-tangle my hair first with a wide tooth comb and section it (this is important!). Then I use this dryer to blow dry my hair straight so I can get long two-strand twists. It's much better than holding a dryer in one hand and a brush in the other. If you're African-American with natural hair, this dryer will work IF you de-tangle your hair first. Hold the section of hair you want to dry, and slowly comb through the section with the dryer.
33 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2006
The good news is my somewhat thin, cotton-candy, wavy, frizzy hair is shiny and STRAIGHT (with body.) It has been very hot, and quite humid lately, but my hair stays straight and shiny all day. That's a first.

The bad news is the dryer is heavier than I had hoped. It is awkward to use, although I hope to become more proficient at it. For now I keep resorting back to using a brush. And, Conair, if you're listening, a locking cool-shot button would be a big plus for those of us with work weary hands.
on November 17, 2011
When I first purchased this hairdryer, I had shoulder-length, kinky/coarse natural African-American hair (4B). I HATED blowdrying my hair because it took so much time and, yes, if I wanted to straighten it, it would taken even MORE time (almost TWO HOURS). I have owned several blow dryers in the past and the comb attachments would always break after a few uses because my hair is so thick. When I found this one, I was pleasantly surprised. The tension dial on the comb allow me to adjust it if I'm using it on my hair (which is now lightly relaxed) or on my daughter's hair (which is 100% unrelaxed). I don't have to use a ton of products on my hair to keep it straight. You can even turn the comb so that it is horizontal instead of vertical (as shown in the picture). (For anyone who finds the hairdryer clumsy to handle, try turning the comb - it helps!) It saves me so much time and, after two years, the comb has not broken! I even bought one for my 11-year-old stepdaughter, who has mid-back-length natural hair. I highly recommend this hair dryer (and the life-saving comb attachment) to anyone who has hard-to-manage, difficult-to-dry hair. TEN STARS!!!!!
on December 8, 2006
After reading some of the online reviews, I had decided to run to my local store to purchase one of these Infiniti hair dryers by Clairol. I was a little skeptical at first because of my concern with the close hair-to-dryer contact and over-drying. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair which gets dyed and sunbleached throughout the year. In the past, I've used a straightening iron to try to get straight hair like Jennifer Aniston's, but found it to be torture on my hair. It literally fried it and made me look like I stuck my finger in a socket.

Anyhoo..I tried out the hair dryer this morning for the first time and found it to be one of the most wonderful purchases I've ever made for my hair. It straightened it w/ ease w/o overdrying it. I'm sure ya'll are familiar with trying to use a curling brush with a hair dryer and how difficult it could be? Well, this was a snap to use. The dryer has 2 head connectors (one for regular drying and another for the comb/straightening combo). You just run the dryer along your hair at a 35 degree angle and let it do all the work for you. Since the comb on the combo head is only on one side you'll have to rotate the head on the dryer when you dry the other side of your head. No big deal, but you may have to turn off the hair dryer first before doing it b/c the dryer can get a little hot while it's on.

The unit itself can feel a little awkward and a little bulky at first, but you'll get used to it after a few minutes.

I normally let my hair air dry, but after discovering this hair dryer I'll look forward to using it again. :)
VINE VOICEon September 30, 2006
I have long, thick, curly (frizzy, mediterranean) hair which I straighten, but which nonetheless frizzes if not properly dried. I've just tried this dryer -- I have several dryers, including the $235.00 tourmaline/ceramic/ionic -- and it works. The ends are not a problem (see previous review). You do have to get your fingers out of the way -- i.e., let go -- but you can curl your hand around the brush-end of the dryer to hold the ends flat as they dry. My hair looked as well or better as when I dry it in sections with the $235.00 hairdryer and a large brush. While the Conair blow dry was not quite as smooth as those that I've had at a high-end NYC salon, it definitely was as smooth as a "no appointment, FIFO" moderately priced salon blow dry. I would recommend it to anyone who has difficult hair and can't afford weekly blow-drys.
33 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2007
If you're like me and you have to spend time drying your hair with a blowdryer then flat-ironing it to get it straight, then I would definitely recommend this dryer. If you are good with a blowdryer and a round brush, it's not really necessary for you to buy this. It pretty much does the same job, so why waste $60?

I like it because it does make your hair soft and does add a lot of volume, and I'm absolutely hopeless with a regular blowdryer. I gave it 4 stars because no matter what they tell you, it doesn't make your hair as straight and sleek as a good flat iron. Still, like I said before it does work. The only complaint I have is that doing the back of your head is a little awkward. I haven't really gotten the hang of that.
on January 15, 2007
My daughter gave this dryer to me for Christmas. We both had fun trying it and we both love it. She has thick, thick, auburn hair that has a lot of natural curl and body. After using the Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer, her long layered hair was straight, but with body and movement. It also had a beautiful, healthy shine.

My hair is thick, but very fine. I have some natural wave that turns to frizz. Big frizz. Ugh! I've used many dryers, curling irons, and flat irons, and was doubtful that this dryer would be any better. I was wrong. It takes a little practice to learn how to hold and maneuver it, but the results on my hair is fantastic! I can go from soaking wet hair, to straight and shiny in about 15 minutes. Sometimes I use an anti-frizz or extra body product, and sometimes I don't. I get nice results either way. Recently I got soaked in a snowstorm. I let my hair dry without brushing or fussing with it, and I was surprised to see it dry straight, shiny, and frizz-free. Oh, by the way, my hair is past shoulder length, and layered.

I recommend taking the time to watch the DVD and read the little manual before you start. There are a few important steps, such as figuring out where to set the tension control. (The dial is for this purpose, and has nothing to do with heat control, as one reviewer seemed to think.) It's also important to draw the appliance slowly through your hair. The slower, the better.

I'm really very happy with this dryer. I don't know if I'll ever use my flat iron or other hair dryers again! It's just too lovely to be able to do it all in one step, with one tool. There is a diffuser available for the Infiniti, too. I'm considering ordering it. Maybe it would actually dry my hair in waves rather than frizz.
on December 7, 2006
Honestly, if I had known this product was going to exist, I wouldn't have cut my hair last year. I have really thick hair that, while not extremely curly, has a wave pattern at the crown that is so strong even my $100 straightener doesn't always do the job. While a bit awkward to use at first, this dryer literally cut my drying time in half, and allowed me to leave the house without curling my choppy layers. So worth the money! It made my hair shiny and straight, but without the super-limp look I get with the straightening iron. If I could give it more stars, I would.
on December 30, 2006
I am always telling my DH read the instructions when he complains about something not working. So what do I do with this hairdryer at first? I skip the instructions, click on the special nozzle and expect super straight hair........which I did not get. It did straighten it a little, but not enough to where I was wowed. I still had too much wave.

Finally, I sat down and watched the DVD and realized my mistake. I followed the instructions of using the straight nozzle attachment first, and then the special ceramic one. And I now have hair almost as straight as Jennifer Aniston's. Nothing has ever been able to get my hair this straight - not even a trip to the salon. This was well worth the $50.
on August 21, 2006
I love this dryer - I have long, fine, wavy hair that becomes extremely frizzy in the summer. Using this dryer, my hair has the bounce I get after getting a professional blowout, it's amazing! The only drawback is that it is difficult to use on the ends of my hair, and I haven't gotten the hang of doing my bangs like it shows in the book. The dryer works quickly and really does leave my color treated hair shiny and healthy looking.