Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Satiny Smooth by Conair Dual Foil Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 24, 2006
I've gone through a few electric shavers in my time and I must say that I am pleased with this one. From experience I know to leave the shaver in the rechargeable stand so that it is always ready so I cannot comment on the battery dying. They do promise 25-30 minutes of continuous use, and I average 15 minutes on a liesurly day and 5-7 on a normal get the heck out of the shower because the kids are yelling or it's time to get to work day. The shaver cuts close and the pop up trimmer is excellent. Would recommend.
11 comment|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2006
I bought this item with reservations. I knew that cordless shavers had a reputation for less than optimal shaves; leaving you feeling stubbly after multiple passes with the shaver. But to my surprise, the Conair Satiny Smooth Shaver gave me a relatively close shave (dry) with just a few passes. What a wonderful surprise! Not only is this shaver a bargain at around $30, but it performs too. The built-in bikini trimmer is a great extra. I also like the charge indicator light, that lets you know when the unit is in the charger correctly. Cleaning is a snap with the included brush. In short, this is a great shaver at a great price!
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
Okay, Okay, I am not a fan of Conair products, I avoid them like the plague, I only bought this because all other shavers just don't seem to have all the bells and whistles that I wanted. Conair products always are user friendly but always break within a month of using.
As I'm aging my hair texture is just changing and razors were just not removing the hair in my girl parts. I never owned an electric shaver, always used disposable; but I had to get with the times. For at least 3 months I researched all of the items on Amazon reading the reviews and I simply bought this one for the price I was so on the fence.
When I opened the package it is so pretty and elegant! I love the curved design and it works great. The power level is top notch, and it removes all hair. Like old school rechargeables, I wait until it has fully charged down before I set it to recharge.\]]] It does not nick or cut, I luv it so much I search for things to shave. This will go in the category of one of my best buys EH-Ver! Enjoy
on April 10, 2010
I bought one of these about a year ago. Its been dropped and has lost some power. So because I loved my first one so much I decided to replace it. This shaver is the best rechargable shaver made for women that I have ever used. I mostly use it dry for my bikini. It was hard to find a great bikini shaver that is gentle yet powerful enough. This one sure does the trick. The unique shape makes it easier to maneuver in hard to reach places. Best of all it doesnt snag hairs or cut skin. I highly recommend this product to any woman looking for a smooth close shave. It is especially great that you can use it wet or dry, with or without shaving cream. (Product does not work with shaving GELS)
on November 29, 2007
I've had this razor for six years now and I still haven't had to replace it. Just like with any other razor (especially electric razors) you do have to go over some areas more than once, however, I won't be replacing this razor until it decides to stop working. My complements to Conair!
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2008
This shaver worked well the first couple of times.. I would say around the 5th or 6th time using it the shave is not close at all and you have to go over the hairs a few times. Also Cleaning the blades are a bit difficult.
on October 27, 2006
I have had numerous products from Conair over the years though none have been cordless shavers. The product does shave well dry if one is willing to make numerous passes. As for shaving wet, I would not recommend this product as it does a poor job compared to others have had in the past.

I do like how it shows the product charging correctly and it is easy to clean.

Overall,

If I had to pick a cordless shaver again, I would try to find a different shaver.
on January 11, 2007
This is my all time favorite wet/dry shaver. Its the right size, has a perfect curve to it and is easy to handle. Also has a unique popup trimmer. Very good for the price, they last for years. Quick charge and great for traveling.
on April 6, 2010
I recently purchased this and I am so much happier with it then with the Panasonic pivoting head shaver that is so highly rated and everyone raves about. I hated that Panasonic model I chucked it within days of trying it I found it useless and it's made me never want to try their other one (even though it's tempting they make so many).

I am so pleased with both Conair shavers. This one I use on my legs primarily it works beautifully by electric shaver standards delivering a close shave with no irritation. I can use it on my armpits without a problem but I don't recommend it for the bikini area it gets a bit hot and the trimmers are too irritating there. That said I am quite please although the one drawback is the construction is cheap and when opening the head to clean it the first time one of the cutting blades came flying out, it just popped right out of the socket and one of the tiny blades cracked. So it is a bit delicate and the springs that hold the blades act as a launching pad so watch out for that! That is my only complaint really plus it is not ideal for the bikini area otherwise enjoy for the legs and underarms.
on May 6, 2014
It's small, cute and I thougtht it would be fantastic... and then I used it. First, I dropped the protective cover goes over the head. It dropped onto the counter, cracked and shattered. No big deal- not that important. I used it to shave my arms, as a test run. Ran nice and smooth and I impressed. Then I tried to remove the foil guard to clean out the blade area.... and it broke! I wasn't pulling overly hard, but the foil piece snapped in my fingers, springs and plastic bits flew everywhere, and the foil guards popped out. Grrrr. I had it out of the packaging for seriously 2 hours, and it's already broken?? I'm a little upset. I think I can still use it- I shoved the foil back into place and it kinda fits, but still. Very cheap and flimsy. And I know I can order a new Foil replacement, but again- 2 hours after opening?? And I was only trying to clean it- not an uncommon request.... Proceed with caution. If you buy one, be VERY CAREFUL when removing the foil cover...