Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now bgg

on June 28, 2015
Very solid, smooth and quiet.
on June 11, 2014
Easy to set up, wall mount is easy to install..
If you are not a skier it seems an unusual exercise.. But it gets you sweating in no time..
on May 10, 2014
Great machine for my ski workouts... I rigged a mounting outside and take out to use it in the fresh air and I bring it back inside when I am done.

Fast shipping.

Love it.
on May 3, 2014
If I had to choose between the SkiErg and the Concept2 Rower I would choose the rower. However, the SkiErg is an excellent compliment to the rower or an excellent option if you don't have the space for a rower.

SkiErg came with all the mounting hardware I needed to mount it to my wall including a wrench to turn the bolts. The only thing I needed was a drill w/ 1/4" drill bit and a tape measure to find my wall studs (16" on center). When mounted to the wall it is an amazingly efficient piece of equipment for such a small footprint (taking up no more than a 2 x 1 foot square of floor space).

I use my rower for the bulk of my exercise and then move to the SkiErg. When I purchased the SkiErg I had fantasies of strapping my tablet to the machine so I could watch videos while exercising, but the machine is too grueling to watch a video -- unlike a treadmill. I almost mounted the SkiErg over a window opening -- fantasies of looking out my window while exercising -- but it just isn't that kind of a machine; the SkiErg is all business.

I've experimented with standing on a Bosu Ball rather than the floor. It was enough to make me realize the machine will never get boring.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Let me start out by saying that my wife and I bought a Concept II Rowing machine many years ago (Model B) and that the company has stood behind that product all of these years and continues to do so. Thus, when I had my hip replaced and also needed a bone graft, I wanted to find something that I could still do for exercise and looked at buying the SkiErg. Here is what I liked:

1. The company has figured out how to deal with all of the bumps and bruises that UPS inflicts on packages! Our package arrived with obvious damage and the driver did NOT want to let us open it. We could either accept it or refuse it but could NOT inspect it. Well, I really did not want to wait any longer so accepted it figuring I would need to get parts from Concept II. While the package was badly damaged, the SkIErg was NOT! They have a unique mounting system that suspends the unit in the box and protects it!!!!

2. The company provided EVERYTHING you need to assemble and install the unit short of a drill bit and a drill. They even included a Torx screw driver and a 1/2 inch wrench. No, not some piece of cheep metal, but an actual wrench.

3. We did not have a lot of room for this, so decided on wall mounting the unit. Glad we made that decision as the unit was very easy to install and it does not take up much room. One word of caution, the mounting system is designed to be mounted to the wall without their being any molding around the base of the wall. Rather than remove the molding or drilling through it (hard to patch if you decide to relocate the unit) I simply put a brick under the mounting plate which lifted it above the molding and then drilled my four holes to mount it. Works like a champ!!!

4. This unit uses the PM3 monitor which does not have as many features as the PM4. You can only get the PM4 if you order the unit direct from Concept II. However, I am quite pleased with the PM3 and I already have a heart rate monitor so the PM3 works great for me. As a note, I have the PM4 on my rowing machine since I upgraded that last year from the original monitor. So, I do have something to compare the two with and I am still happy with the PM3.

5. This unit is very quiet, much quieter than my Model B rower.

6. I can now get a good workout in spite of not having full use of my hip yet!!

Things that I did not like as much:

NOTHING!! This is a great piece of equipment that does a fantastic job of providing a workout without taking up much space! I would HIGHLY recommend it and the company that makes the product!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
We were looking for a new piece of work-out equipment to do some High intensity training on, but we needed something with the smallest foot print possible. We mounted ours to the wall in a back hallway so when not in use it takes up almost no space. Wall mounts require studs 16" on center, a crazy person built this house so ours were 23 OC at the bottom 24.5 OC at the top so I had to Lag screw support boards top and bottom and then mount the Skierg to them. Even with the additional steps installation was a breeze, You need a 1/4 inch drill but they supply hardware and 1/2" wrench. To assemble the actual machine it just unfolds and support plates are screwed on with the included allen wrench. As for the work out it is definitely a challenge and one that can grow with you as you improve. I like this better than the C2 rower but thats just my preference. If space is an issue for you this is the biggest bang for your buck in the smallest space.
on December 19, 2013
We earlier purchased the rowing machine from concept2 and noticed they sold the SkiErg. It has been a great companion to rowing. It will get you sweating definately a must have for a nice home workout from a great company.
on October 9, 2013
Pretty simple workout and effective. I like that these machines are well made and Concept 2 seems to have a good reputation for building solid exercise equipment.

I'd buy this SkiErg if you're looking for some good cardio that will make you sweat.
on August 27, 2013
I have had this machine for over three years. I use it almost daily. It has almost no maintenance requirements, the only thing I have had to replace was the cord after 1,800,000 meters. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in a low impact work out. It is very easy on the knees. When it is wall mounted, it takes up very little space. It is a great exercise.. But it's not for everyone..(it's very difficult) you may want to try before you buy by going to the concept2 website and using the skierg locator and finding one near you.
on April 17, 2013
I have been Rowing concept Model D pm4 For years. Bought the skierg It by far is a better workout for cardio. Only thing I don't like is that the handles are not Independent They should put a clutch in there so each rope can be used individual of each other. Try it