5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best band of the sixties
Was 1960 when I hear Gerry Mulligan live in the Village Vanguard on 7th Ave NYC, also that year and feud day early I heard the band with Jerry in Newport RI, really was one of the best encounter with JAZZ LIVE!!!!
Published 11 months ago by hugo feliu

3.0 out of 5 stars Line up Questionmark ??
Published 23 months ago by Hans Dekker

3.0 out of 5 stars Line up Questionmark ??, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Concert Jazz Band - At Newport 1960 (Audio CD)
The Gerry Mulligan Concert Band as presented on this Cd is a Fantastic Band with a great Line-Up.Me as a fan of Mel Lewis was a little disapointed, Mel is on a lot of the Concert Band recordings but I seriously believe he's not on this one.I guess it must be Gus Johnson.There's a Youtube video of Out of this World showing it's not Mel.As a listener you definitely can hear that.Gus Johnson is great too.
On the Cd Mel is in the Line-up that's a mistake.

Also the sound Quality as mentioned on the Cd as being excellent is a little overrated.

On Track 12 (only one Track!!)we hear an excellent Sound Quality and .... Mel Lewis.
This Track is from a Berlin Concert later in 1960.
My suggestion :wait and hope for the Berlin Concert to be released or buy the outstanding Live at the Village Vanguard Recording with Mel off course.....

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best band of the sixties, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Concert Jazz Band - At Newport 1960 (Audio CD)

Concert Jazz Band - At Newport 1960
Concert Jazz Band - At Newport 1960 by Gerry Mulligan (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies