Lord assembled guest musicians such as Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, Joe Bonamassa and Steve Morse in the Abbey Road Studios, to work with his trusted partner, director Paul Mann, on the 2012 version of the legendary concert.
The studio recording of Concerto For Group And Orchestra will now become Jon Lord's legacy for generations to come.
Jon passes from darkness to light says the sober announcement from his family.
This album is a joyful testament of a great musician and fantastic man.
Following the huge demand of the fans, the Concerto now will be made available on a Blu-ray + CD edition, which also includes, the making of as well as in depth interviews with Paul Mann and Marco de Goeij. Exclusive to this format is the new behind the scenes documentary, Up Close & Personal (Orchestral Recording Sessions) which gives an interesting insight into the work of Jon Lord and the orchestra.
1. The Making of Concerto For Group And Orchestra
- Interview with Conductor Paul Mann
- Interview with Marco de Goeij
- Up Close & Personal (Orchestral Recording Sessions) (exclusive to this format)
- Concerto For Group And Orchestra 5.1 Audio
1. Moderato - Allegro
3. Vivace Presto