Concerto, One Night in Central Park
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$13.98 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
First let me report that the DVD is (almost) the WHOLE CONCERT, there are 25 tracts included (there are bonus tracks coming on the DVD only release which is exclusive to PBS till march, then will be available hear). This DVD is much longer then the CD and this is a welcome change for a deluxe package, many times these deluxe editions are only a sampling of the songs. Not this time, this is a total bargain.

Another wonderful collection from Andrea Bocelli. This is a live recording of his Central Park Concert (NEW YORK) which was attended by 60,000 people on a rainy september day and night. This is very well done, it sounds wonderful and Bocelli delivers like usual. He starts with some Opera, and mixes in Italian favorites, A Great Spanish Aria and some pop.

He starts with a rousing rendition of La Donna è Mobile from Rigoletto; He then moves into Di Quella Pira from Il Trovatore, again a rousing rendition; Followed by the beautiful Ave Maria, "Central Park Version," Andrea sings it beautifully with much emotion;

Next up is a duet of Vicino a te s'acqueta from Andrea Chénier with Ana Maria Martinez a sad tale filled with emotion, Martinez is a fine Mezzo Soprano and her voice is a fine complement with Andrea Bocilli's Voice. This is followed by another duet, Au Fond du Temple Saint A French Aira from Les Pêcheurs de Perles with Bryn Terfel, there two masculine voices blend very well, Terfel takes the lower register and Bocelli the higher one.

Nest is O Soave Fanciulla from La Bohème a Duet with Pretty Yende a mezzo soprano, a very nice rendition, it is a beautiful aria; Libiamo ne'Lieti Calici from La Traviata with Pretty Yende, Brian Terfel, and Ana Maria Martinez, a wonderful rendition with four beautiful voices; next up is Amazing Grace, wow!!! this is the first time I have ever heard Andrea sing this song, and it is excellent and very moving, its a wonderful version with full orchestra and chorus;

Next is New York, New York a duet with Tony Bennett (who is just everywhere, what a great career he has had) once in a while Andrea sings New York, New York by himself on tour, is is a cool duet version, Andrea sings it very easy; Next is one of Andrea's Trademark songs, The Prayer a song written by David Foster, Andrea performs it with Cèline Dion who he did the original duet with, many others have sang it as well, but no duet is as good as when Bocelli and Dion sing it, and this version is excellent. David Foster is on the piano as well;

Next up the song, More, with Chris Botti on Trumpet and David Foster on Piano, I love the way Botti's Trumpet blends with Andrea's voice, this is the first time I heard Andrea do More and it is a very nice rendition, I love the ending; up next is Your Love (Once Upon a Time in the West) another new song for Bocelli and in English as well, a very emotional rendition;

Up next is another Italian pop classic Nel Blu, Dipinto di Blu (better know as Volare) with David Foster on piano. Andera did a recording of Volare for Brilla Pasta advertisements. Its nice to have an excellent live version of this Italian classic.
Up next is the Italian classic Funiculì Funiculà with Andrea Griminelli on flute, the flute is a nice touch; Up next is one of my favorite songs of all time En Aranjuez con Tu Amor from Concierto de Aranjuez with Nicola Benedetti on Violin, This is a Beautiful Spanish song and Andrea voice is so pleasing and powerful on this one, the note he holds at the end is just amazing;

Next up is Time to Say Goodbye (con Te Partirò) a great rendition and duet with Ana Maria Martinez, this is with the Prayer Andera's most known song it, his solo version was used in the national advertising run for the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas; And lastly to close out the CD is the Opera classic Nessun Dorma from Turandot, and this is a wonderful rendition.

Note; There is an extra track, the Italian classic O Sole Mio, that you can find on MP3.

I bought the Deluxe edition (actually many of them for Christmas presents) and I will watch the DVD soon and add to this review. OK Now I have seen the DVD and it looks and sounds wonderful. It is the whole concert, All the songs mentioned above and more. 25 songs in total.

1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2011
Format: Audio CD
I will probably never get to see Andrea Bocelli perform live in Central Park. Listening to this disc is the next best thing. I don't categorize him as just an opera singer. He can sing any kind of song perfectly. This disc is proof of that. I love his duet with Tony Bennett entitled "New York New York" This song is a celebration of a great state. "Funiculi Funicula" is a song with an upbeat playful tone. I like this song a lot. "Di Quella Pira" is a song that makes my spirit soar. This is a kind of song that gets me motivated to try something difficult. His duet entitled "The Prayer" with Celine Dion is a highlight on this disc. This song restores my faith in the power of prayer. "Ave Maria" is a song that touches my heart. I love his version of this song. "La Donna e Mobile" makes me wants me find a partner and dance around the floor. More is a Sinatra song, but Andrea makes it his own. This tune is very romantic. Chris Botti lends his talents playing the trumpet on this track. I absolutely love this song. Andrea puts his spin on the gospel song "Amazing Grace". This song really moves me. "Volare" is a song with a swooning romantic tone. The music on this disc is superb.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 18, 2011
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Concerto, One Night in Central Park is an exceptionally fine CD and DVD. Andrea Bocelli's voice is as beautiful as ever, and his technique and artistry are at their height to date. The range of music is impressive, and each aria and song is performed memorably, with enormous finesse and just the right style. The orchestra, chorus, and guest artists also deliver outstanding performances.

The Central Park concert was a great and fun party for the attendees and other fans. It is certainly not the only kind of thing Bocelli is doing now. For listeners who are unfamiliar with his other recent work, I would suggest the artistically ambitious and lovely Notte Illuminata. In addition, I recommend his recording of Andrea Chenier, which was released last year. (Also reflecting his range of current projects, Bocelli will be performing in Romeo and Juliet in Genoa in February 2012.)
Format: Audio CD

Overall an excellent show and must have Andrea Bocelli CD. Is it any wonder why Bocelli is the best selling Tenor and crossover singer on the planet. I highly recommend this CD to anyone who loves Beautiful Music. But you will get a better deal getting the deluxe editions. Which has the whole concert on DVD.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 3, 2014
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
the instruments were louder than his voice. It's like they recorded the music over him singing. Sounded better on tv.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 25, 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
This is the CD from my father's apartment I had found after he died. I had given it to him for Christmas in 2011. He always encouraged "Good Music" to us. We loved different styles. He kept playing his music to us, even over the phone. I knew he would enjoy this CD. He loved to play classical music from the radio for Mom. "I think he love the romance of it" As the CD was tossed out somehow, I never got to enjoy it with him but I know he now sings with the angels.
on January 31, 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
Andre Bocelli has such a wonderful voice and we love listening to his singing. We watched the program on PBS, enjoyed it and then ordered the CD.
on January 26, 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
This is a disappointing CD. The" live"performance aspect of the recording, really distracts from the performance. The applause,hoots,etc. during the performance could have been edited out or at least reduced in volume so Bocelli's voice was front and center.I have other concert CD's and this is not a distraction as it is on this CD.
Format: Audio CD
This guy has everything: Beautiful tone, perfect romantic lead, he's good looking and has some amazing high notes you have to hear to believe. He can sing opera, lounge, musicals, and pop! I never, ever thought I would like a Nessun Dorma better than Pavarotti's, but now I do. Bocelli's Nessun Dorma has the tenderness of a lover surrendering to the princess Turandot, and then his high notes at the end are just absolutely incredible. And he can really hold those notes out, he's got some great lungs. My favorite tracks are: Rigoletto, Pearl Fishers, La Boheme, Time to Say Goodbye and of course Turandot. I remember watching this on PBS, completely engrossed by how charming he is and what a great singer he is. And all the guest singers and he looks like a million bucks in that white suit. Then it starts raining, and he's still out there giving it his all, even though he's getting showered with water. I just thought that was the height of professionalism. This guy is my Rodolfo, baby! I'm a fan for life!
on January 15, 2013
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
The music fans in the park really got their money's worth even in the rain. If you like good music and the stars of music you will love this DVD and CD combo.