Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Concierge Confidential: The Gloves Come Off--and the Secrets Come Out! Tales from the Man Who Serves Millionaires, Moguls, and Madmen
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on June 6, 2011
I am sure that Michael Fazio is an excellent concierge and probably a very good businessman, too. However, in this book, he did not share enough gritty stories about 'madmen' or attainable secrets to make the read worthwhile. I knew I was in for it when the introduction ended with the wrong version of the word "to," and there were some typos and syntax problems in the rest of the book.

My larger problem was that I hoped for some really off-the-wall, gossip-style stories, and there were ...two. I didn't get to know the "characters" of Michael or Abby well enough to really care about the success of their business, and I didn't feel like I understood their struggles. So, I can't give this book a good score, because I was unmoved.

If you MUST read this, wait for a paperback, or borrow it from a friend. It is a beach read - at best.
on February 2, 2011
This book is a burn of a read. I got a hold of an early copy and found I couldn't put it down. Michael's experiences in Hollywood and New York serving the notorious and wealthy are not only a lesson in good manners but pure voyeuristic fun. Riddled throughout are fascinating tidbits on upping the standard of service you get through common sense wisdom and with an arsenal of "tricks" up your sleeve. Though it's an entertaining narrative it's also a handy reference for anytime you're making a restaurant or hotel reservation, booking a flight, buying tickets, etc. Like Kitchen Confidential meets Devil Wears Prada and in a way Keith Ferrazzi's Never Eat Alone about networking.

Highly recommended.
on May 28, 2014
Hilarious and informative! The author's prose is conversational and compulsively readable. A fun book that grants insight into the behind-the-scenes world of service to others...namely the clueless and demanding privileged hotel-goer. This is a great beach book or on-your-lunch break book. Very engaging, but easy to put down and come back to in short bursts of reading. A lot of fun!
on June 3, 2013
A disconnected series of anecdotes, mildly entertaining but not very memorable. Does not read as written literature, but as a transcription of speech, including annoying repetitions of "kind of" and "(ha-ha)." Has several glaring typos. It just is not a professional effort.

Overall, the author comes across as a backstabbing toady who, by insulting and mocking his rich clients, is biting the hand that feeds him.
on February 2, 2011
"Concierge Confidential" is more than just a handy "how to" book, it pulls the curtain back on a world most of us take for granted. Michael Fazio brings you on a entertaining trip down the hospitality line giving fun facts, insider know-how and the do's and don'ts of getting what you want (and seeing what others got!) Once you dive in, you don't come up for air until you have read cover to cover.
on February 6, 2011
I loved this book. It is a surprising and successful mix of useful tips and very funny anecdotes from NYC's most well-connected concierge. Mr. Fazio and Mr. Malice have written a really delightful book, both witty and unexpectedly warm.
on May 10, 2013
I admit it, I read this book hoping for juicy details of the famous who stay at expensive New York hotels, or at least some hints as to how to achieve special status, great rooms, lower rates, and special treatment onself. It was really the story of how a concierge manages to get dinner reservations for rich clients at the most popular restaurant-of-the-moment hot spots in New York. Of how he'll do whatever it takes for those special folks, and how he makes sure that we (the readers) know that he knows the in people and how to score.
on September 26, 2015
I'm a fan of first person career focused books (flight attendants, sales staff, wait staff, etc.) and found this book to be written in the same, somewhat humorous vein. I've used the services of concierges from time-to-time and found them professional and polite. Fazio goes behind the scenes to describe what is clearly a stressful, albeit, somewhat lucrative position. This is the perfect Kindle book to read on a plane while on your way to a luxury destination!
on June 24, 2016
Having dealt with true concierges for many years ( think the Penninsula, Hotel Bristol in Paris) this book does not describe a true high end concierge. Given that the description of what Clefs d’Or is and what it takes to get in is wrong (an acquaintance of mine who is under 30 just was accepted) I have to assume that much of the other information and stories are simply not true.
on September 26, 2012
Concierge Confidential was delightfully entertaining and funny! I found myself laughing out loud at some of the wild and crazy things people (especially celebrities) ask for. Who knew being a hotel concierge could be so demanding! I don't usually finish a book so quickly, but this one was so delightful and full of quirky "secrets" that I could not put it down, so I finished it during my flight to Boston this summer. I highly recommend it if you are looking for an easy read that will keep you entertained!