Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on August 6, 2009
This is by far the best book I have ever purchased. I am a pilates, yoga and personal trainer. Whenever I need some visual clarification, I open this book. The pictures and descriptions of the muscles are fabulous. +++++++++
on November 10, 2012
Each pair of pages contains clear drawings of a major muscle, description of etymology of its name, origin, insertion, action, innervation, sports it is involved with, and stretching and strengthening exercises.

The front matter contains clear definitions of anatomical and kinesiology terminology with lots of beautiful clear drawings.

Nice index.

A labor of love and a wonderful gift to everyone who works with the human body.

Thank you Chris!!
on December 17, 2012
I bought this book because a classmate of mine had it. While the book does not have every muscle that must be memorized in Gross Anatomy, it does have many and presents them in an easy-to-understand layout. It also gives stretches and exercises to target these muscles. This would be great for medical students, physical therapy students, physical training and anyone interested in rehabilitation. Well worth the price I paid.
on August 27, 2014
Used this book to review for comprehensive graduate finals in anatomy. It's strengths are that it clearly highlights each individual muscle in the body with an overlay of a generic man - so you can picture how it sits in the body with skin and all. Then it describes origin/attachment/innervations and movements. Finally, it provides a "generic" movement like kicking a soccer ball, so you can memorize the movements and then describe them in anatomical terms. It also provides exercise recommendations for each muscle.
on May 9, 2009
Ecellent book! One of the best illustrated muscle books. Great for Massage students. All muscles show and discribe origin and inserion points which a lot of books don't. Great reference book!
on February 5, 2010
The title of this book is spot on, and I am glad to have picked it up as it has been really useful to me in my work and studies. I needed a simple book for quick reference and this fits the bill precisely. Each two page spread has the diagram/drawing of the muscle on the left, and the basic information on the right. Having it all there without having to turn pages makes it very easy to use. If you are studying anatomy or medicine, then you will need a more detailed text, but for everything else I cannot recommend this enough.
on September 27, 2015
Good book. Comprehensive. Main complaint is formatting & search of kindle edition. I found it hard to find stuff. Book didn't help me understand details of how muscles work together; e.g., iliacus, textual abdominis & psoas. How to isolate them in a workout.
on December 18, 2013
This is perfect information in book form. Good drawings, explanations, and also tells you the nerves Helps you understand function, movements, injuries, stretches and strengthening exercises. Good information and it doesn't overload the non professional. There is also the app called imuscle that you can get this type of information in electronic form.
on August 22, 2015
The best description of the book is the book's title, "The Concise Book of Muscles". Straight forward and to the point. Covers a lot of useful information without unnecessary chatter.
The illustrations are clear and easy to understand with just the right amount of detail. .
I use this book on my Fire HD 7 in my work as a Personal Trainer, it helps me share information with my clients about what muscles we are working and why we are doing particular exercises. However there is enough detail in the illustrations that they still show up well on a non-color e-reader like my Kindle 6.
This is a very useful reference book in regards to the basics of the main skeletal muscles.
I do recommend.
on December 16, 2012
I love this book!! The color pictures and descriptions helped me to ace my A&P Lecture and Lab courses this semester. Would have paid much more for this quality. Definitely worth it. I have recommended it to many of my classmates!