5.0 out of 5 stars I love my spiral-bound APA pocket guide
There are several reasons I love this reference guide:
1. It is spiral-bound, so I can leave it open at any page i wish without worrying it will close.
2. It is small and fits in my laprop case.
3. It literally lists every possible type of citation.
Published on April 5, 2012 by N.S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. 1st printing 'minor' typos
Published on October 29, 2010 by Annette Knobloch

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware. 1st printing 'minor' typos, October 29, 2010
Annette Knobloch (Thibodaux, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Concise Rules of APA Style (Concise Rules of the American Psychological Association (APA) Style) (Spiral-bound)
According to the APA website, the 1st printing of the Concise Rules has 'minor' typos. I have just gone through a tedious process, over about 3 hours, noting corrections for 'minor' typos in the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition, first printing. I ordered the Concise Rules but will return in to the sender, if it is a 1st printing. The APA web site states that the main errors are in the sample papers, in the Manual, and that the other errors are minor. There are multiple minor errors that are very tedious to deal with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacking, November 5, 2010
Robert Forney (Pacifica, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This book is great for someone who is familiar with APA, but if you are just learning, I would look for another book as this one can be difficult to navigate and lacks any visual examples.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better to buy the APA Publication Manual, August 5, 2010
Amazon Customer (Baldwinsville, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
I found this completely useless for writing papers and had to buy the APA Publication Manual. This is coming from a new graduate student who was trying to learn to write APA style. If that is your purpose for buying this manual, stick with the blue APA Publication Manual. I could find no use for this condensed version and it never had information that was relevant to writing my papers correctly.

I did think the size and spiral binding was kind of handy, if only the information inside was useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can find APA info more easily on the internet, December 30, 2010
You are better off using univeristy-based APA style guides on the web. I own this book and have barely cracked it, as it is much easier to find the individual entry types on the web.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my spiral-bound APA pocket guide, April 5, 2012
There are several reasons I love this reference guide:
2. It is small and fits in my laprop case.
3. It literally lists every possible type of citation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise is right, January 24, 2011
Although this book is a handy tool to have, it can be confusing as a guide. I really thought I would be getting more citation examples than offered. I was hoping for an in depth citation example for each type of source, and although I got numerous citation examples, I still felt the book was somewhat lacking. I should have purchased the more complete guide, but if you are looking for a handy quick reference tool, then this is great deal. I just didn't realize at the time of purchase. It also includes instructions on grammar and writing style as well as table headings and more. So from that aspect, I'm very satisfied. I would have rated this 5 stars, but I just didn't realize what I was buying. It is a good quick reference tool though.

3.0 out of 5 stars APA Manual, July 2, 2013
This was a required book for one of my college classes. I have used several older versions of this manual, but this is the most recent version. In my opinion, this version is less clearly organized than older versions. While the information you need can be found, it can take more time than I think it should because of the way the book is put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars More manageable, October 26, 2009
Concise rules of APA style is more manageable in a physical sense, than the entire APA Publication Manual. It is also probably just as useful for most people, as the bigger more expensive Publication Manual. Speedy service from Amazon and good value - for all the Australian online shoppers out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright., September 11, 2014
This is just okay! I would just fork over the money for the regular edition. There's a lot of stuff that is left out that I felt like I needed for my papers. I wish they had put a miniature picture of how the title page is supposed to look. Some of the frustration I had was with my professors themselves because they all seem to interpret the APA rules differently or like to put their own spin on them. In a pinch and for financial reasons, the concise version is fine. It has still been helpful. Good Luck with your papers!

5.0 out of 5 stars I's love to get one paper with a 100% on this ..., November 18, 2014
It's helpful, but, I'm having to keep it open to the page for setting up for my paragraphs, Step 1, Step 2, and so on. I'm also having a little trouble with the new system for References. I can't seem to get it right. And, of course it lowers my grades. I hope I can get things straight by the end of my semester. I's love to get one paper with a 100% on this part.

Concise Rules of APA Style (Concise Rules of the American Psychological Association (APA) Style) by American Psychological Association (Spiral-bound - July 15, 2009)
$29.95 $22.80