Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PBA® Bowling Challenge
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 15, 2013
I really like this games pin action. The the ball has some realistic hook to it when you get some better balls. Being able to compete against the professional bowlers is a huge plus also even though Walter Ray Williams Jr is beating me senseless. The special balls you unlock are pretty sweet to clinch a close game.
11 comment|387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2013
Plain and simple, this game is addicting. The graphics are excellent and while the bowling sounds are realistic the only part I find to be mildly annoying is the cheering at the end of the final frame. No option to toggle that part off or on, so simply adjusting the volume will take care of that problem. There are no ads that get in the way of game play. The ads do show up as a "billboard" of sorts after your final frame. It's a nice change from banner ads in other free apps.

Controlling the ball is simple. After flicking or swiping your finger up to get the ball rolling, you simply tilt your kindle in the direction you want the ball to go. Some bowling balls are more reactive than others.

This game is absolutely free as long as you have the patience and use certain bowling balls. Earning tickets and/or gold pins by completing challenges in tournaments and qualifiers help out greatly. Personally, I have used the Midas ball (to get the occasional gold pin or two) at the start of each frame and the sponsor ball to get 25 tickets for each spare picked up. Having the ability to trade gold pins for tickets is a huge benefit. One gold pin equals 100 tickets. Although the Midas ball description says it gives you a small chance to turn a pin gold, in one hour of game play I managed to get about 8 gold pins. Not too shabby! Though I can't say I've been able to get that to happen again. You do not have to get a strike to get these, they do happen at random, strike or not.

To level up quickly I suggest getting the Grindstone to get 50 exp points with each throw. Doing this in quickplay does not use up energy points. In game play that does use up energy points, I find using the Lightning strike (gives 10 energy for each strike) or the Caffeinator (gives 15 energy every throw) very helpful to bring those energy points back up so you can continue playing through. Leveling up gives you more energy points to spend and unlocks the better bowling balls.
11 comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
I put this game on my Kindle Fire HD for me and my son who has disabilities. I was amazed at how easy he was able to move through the game as a non-reader. He loves to go bowling so this game keeps him occupied, developing skills I didn't think he would have within having the Kindle for 2 weeks. My son is nearly 16 but functions academically much lower than his peers and this allows him to play an age appropriate game and utilize technology (which I struggle with personally).
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
I downloaded this onto my KFHD and it works great. I love the fact it plays in a tournament mode and you have several balls to choose from. The graphics and physics are excellent. If you enjoy a good bowling game then I recommend this one.
0Comment|327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
I'm already addicted and I don't even bowl in real life! Its exciting being in this little cyber bowling world. I feel like I'm in a real league! Well I am playing against real people! I really do like this app the most out of all the gsmrs I've downloaded on my Kindle Fire
0Comment|324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
This is a great game. The game play is very realistic. The quality of the graphics is outstanding. Download and play.
0Comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
AWSOME GAME SO LIFE LIKE MIGHT HELP ME IMPROVE IN REAL TIME. EVEN BOWLED MY FIRST 200 game love this game.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2013
As a bowler I love this app. Even though I gave it 5 stars I wish that the pins were a little more visible.
on July 5, 2013
I used to play ESPN's Bowling on the computer. It wasn't bad. I found this for my Kindle and, if I'm not careful, spend way too much time playing it.

I like that you actually have to earn different balls and "talent". It makes for a more interesting game. I've got it, I like it and I'll keep it.
on April 23, 2013
great stuff. addiftige. I can'T stop playing dis stuff. solid physics and cool bonus balls even though they don't exist in the real world