Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 28, 2009
Conditions is something that the indie music lover dreams to discover- A creative record handmade by a humble band from Australia with incredibly talented members and unbelievable songwriting abilities. Great singles like "Sweet Disposition," "Fader," and "Love Lost" are obvious places to start; but even beyond these, The Temper Trap packs a punch. The haunting "Soldier On" could easily be one of the best alternative tracks this decade, and the energetic "Science of Fear" is an instantly catchy and contagiously original anthem for the ages.

This fantastic band lives up to every expectation that can be drawn from "Sweet Disposition." Don't even begin to hesitate purchasing this record- Your money will be unquestionably well-spent.
on November 24, 2009
I managed to see these guys at Great Scott in Boston, MA - a divey little bar with maybe 100 other lucky patrons. This band is the real deal. They are tight, well-rehearsed, and were a blast to see.

Their songs are upbeat, catchy, poppy, and fun, with the exception of Soldier On, I suppose. That song feels like something swept out from under David Bowie's dresser... not my favorite part of the album, as the vocals approach caterwaul range... but even with one miss, the album's batting .900. And it's not even that Soldier On is BAD. It's really creative and interesting, it just kinda doesn't jive with the rest of the options. Dougy, the singer, is exceptionally talented. Sometimes the artsy guys just have to get a little weird, I guess.

Temper Trap is at their best when they're energetic, and thankfully most of the album fits that bill.
on August 23, 2009
I was absolutely smitten with Sweet Disposition the very first time I saw the (500) Days of Summer trailer back in January, and it's taken me this long to snag the whole Temper Trap album, and I'm pissed at myself for that. I expected to only like S.D. and nothing else, but it's turned out to be one of my more Go-To albums in the last couple weeks. I'd make a humble comparison to Bon Iver meets a chilled TV on the Radio. Regardless if that means anything to you, it works. And the fact that 500 Days introduced me to The Temper Trap, just makes me love the movie even more. This $30+ price tag is ludicrous though, considering it's a 10 song album. For that price I half expected the band to hand deliver it to my door...
on April 21, 2012
I discovered The Temper Trap by hearing "Love Lost" on Pandora. I listened to a couple of their songs on youtube and liked what I heard, so I decided to buy the entire album. Good choice! Thankfully, the quality of songs like Love Lost and Sweet Disposition continue throughout.

I'm not very good at describing sounds or making comparisons to other bands. I can only say that if you're thinking about buying this based on "Love Lost" and/or "Sweet Disposition", you won't be disappointed with the rest. All the songs are great.
on January 13, 2012
A rare find, all songs well produced and written. Unique, artistically challenging sound, moving, beautiful vocals and lyrics, not like anything mainstream. Totally underrated!! This is what music ought to be like!
on December 26, 2011
I love the feeling that Sweet Disposition evokes - I can listen to that song multiple times in a row, and it just fills me with joy and a sense of wonder. I was hoping that this CD would be an entire album of that feeling, and I could be lost for longer than that 4 minutes or so.

That may have been a silly presumption, but nevertheless this album did not meet my expectations. Sweet Disposition is still, by far, the best song on the CD, and there are only a few other songs on the album that I really enjoy listening to. I do think the Temper Trap makes interesting music, but I don't think I needed the entire album.
on January 26, 2011
I came to the music of The Temper Trap, as I'm sure many others have, off the back of `Sweet Disposition' and it has quickly become one of my favourite albums of the year. In fact it is never out of my stereo at the moment. From the opening track `Love Lost' you know you are in for a real treat and this album doesn't let you down at all. This band have their own unique sound and the singer has very distinctive and original vocals, but if you enjoy bands like Death Cab For Cutie then I recommend this album and think it will be right up your street. `Sweet Disposition' is a very strong track and the way it builds with the underlying jangly guitar really adds to it's impact and power. But more subtle tracks like `Soldier On' have real nuance and show the breadth of this bands talents. I also love the chorus of `Science of Fear` which keeps driving the song forward and makes you want to sing along with it full belt. The last track `Drum Song' is instrumental and whilst raw, is a great way to end this album. I could quite easily wax lyrical about this album but suffice it to say that it is original, has excellent song writing and would well benefit you to take a listen. It is one of those life enhancing albums and I can't recommend it enough.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on May 6, 2012
Yeah, it's a really good album. I can listen to it over and over quite easily. If there is negative at all, and the reason for my 4 stars instead of 5, is that I wished I had bought the CD instead of doing the download LOL. I have a feeling that the full mix on the CD would sound so much better.
on April 19, 2010
I was hammered and it was around 1 AM when I first saw the video for Sweet Disposition. I remember that the song immediately sucked me in, and I was in a trance watching the video and enjoying the harmony and the building momentum of the song, and the chorus did not disappoint.

At the time, I was pretty well under the influence, so I sent myself an e-mail to investigate the song and the band later. The next day, I began my investigative work (sober) and found I was just as moved listening to the song for a second time. I decided to quickly preview a few of the other songs and really liked what I heard, so I purchased the entire album (a less frequent event for me these days).

The band is skilled, the lyrics are thoughtful and the music is pretty clean for a debut album ... almost too clean. These guys are good. They bring an original sound to the table as well (primarily in the vocals but also in the sense that they aren't afraid to mix harmony and falsetto with some upbeat percussion - usually it's one or the other).

I strongly recommend this album to anyone who is on the fence
on February 15, 2012
Bought this album mostly for Sweet Disposition. The band and Dougy have a wonderful, unique sound. Really like Love Lost and Rest (all making use of Dougy's amazing falsetto). The rest of it is not as fun to listen to, but still solid and atmospheric. Curious as to how the next album will do.