5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible bang for you buck excellent buy
Published 24 months ago by V. morales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Not quite as quality as the other comments suggested but for the price it's fine. Burns easily so don't get too close to fire pits etc.
Published 10 months ago by PAUL SHEPPERDSON

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible bang for you buck excellent buy, October 11, 2012
V. morales (west coast california) - See all my reviews
First I like to say this is a review based on the 45 bucks I paid for a very well made jacket not for some competing overpriced 250 dollar fleece jacket. I can not begin to say enough about how nice of a tailored and thought out jacket this is for a mere 45 dollars and free shipping to boot! The jacket arrived from the shipper on the east coast all the way to me in 3 days! it actually arrived 1 day early than it was supposed to arrive. The color of the OD green jacket appears a bit darker in green or tone that the one pictured here which is fine with me. They do run a bit larger for their size than most jackets say 10% or 15% larger. I usually would wear say a large jacket and I am 5'8" 185lbs with broad shoulders and the medium fit me perfect. Not to big not to snug just absolutely perfect. Upon my initial look at the jacket it appears to be very well tailored and stitched. All the zippers work great and the cut and fit is very good. I really like the extra forearm and elbows nylon shell protection. The same protection runs along the shoulders to help shed rain. The rest of the fleece on the outside is a very very fine soft fleece yet stretchy and tough. Zippers are sturdy and smooth no hanging up. The inside of the jacket has a very fine black stretchy mesh fabric throughout. The jacket is very comfortable with no noticeable burs or rough spots of seams or lumpy seams. Very smooth and comfortable jacket. Honestly I can not see spending 250 or 200 dollars for a fleece jacket like Triple &$(*+_ and then crawl around on it in the field or out in a prone position outdoors. At 45 bucks if I am rough on this jacket and tear it or abuse it I dont feel bad. If your wondering if this is a cheap knock off of the more outrageous fleece jackets dont worry its a winner and a great value for the price or even twice the price. If you go to the shippers website you can actually see a chart of the measuring points on the jackets in inches so there is no question on the size you need to order and how it will fit. They were even nice enough to send me a nice window decal sticker "Dont Tread on me" which was rather nice. I hope this review helps those hanging on the fence if this is a good jacket or not. At this price I am ordering a Tan one too. I will try to post some photos as well so others can get a better look at the color of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, June 19, 2012
Super awesome jacket! I'm the envy of my department. Has lots of pockets and the thumb holes in the cuff really help it stay put on cold nights when you add gloves! Great jacket!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Light to mid-weight jacket with functionality, December 19, 2012
A. L. Trail "Jet-Tech" (Stanwood, Wa United States) - See all my reviews
I work in a flight-line (like an airport) environment in Washington state where its seldom warm or dry enough to go without some kind of outer clothing. I was searching for something better than a sweatshirt, but less than a winter jacket, something that had pockets, would keep me dry and warm but not be bulky. The Condor Micro Fleece fits that task with a 5-Star rating. It has on the left chest a zippered pocket that is durably designed. All of the zippers on this jacket are what I consider military grade- that is they aren't cheap. The left arm sleeve also has a zippered pocket- perfect for carrying a smart phone and employee ID badge.There are two waist level pockets- these are slip-u'r-hands-in out of the cold pockets. On the inside left is a 15 inch deep pocket. That's right....15 inches deep. It has about a 5.5inch mouth opening that is diagonal, but goes all the way down to the bottom of the jacket and feels as sturdy as the rest of the jacket. On the right inside is a 10 inch pocket that has a 6 inch mouth that is straight. On the left and right sleeve is a Velcro patch for insignia that measures 3.25" wide by 4" long. I wear a USA flag on the left, and a USMC eagle, globe and anchor on the right side.
The elbows and forearm are protected by double-layered material.
The cuffs are unique to me. They can be folded inside the jacket, or pulled out to go over gloves. And they have thumb hole to keep the cuff warmly around your hands.I am told that this is standard on most high-end winter coats. The idea is great. When you don't need the extra length, just a few seconds and you can tuck them back inside the arms of the coat. Brilliant.
I've worn this in some heavy wind and rain. My legs and head got wet. This jacket does not absorb rain. It tends to bead up and fall off. It is not wind-proof though. I would say it is breeze-proof. Winds of 35mph cut through it. Winds around 10mph aren't a problem. I will be reviewing another jacket later on that takes care of the wind.
This is a great option if you have to be exposed to inclimate weather for short periods. The functionality, and warmth give it 5 Stars.
People ask me where I got it from a lot. It is just a nice jacket all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Fleece, June 3, 2012
This review is from: Condor Men's Alpha Tactical Fleece Jacket (Apparel)
I order this based on other reviews I've read and let me tell you its awesome. Beside running a bit large I love this fleece. Somewhat mad I ordered it so late in the season that I didn't get to wear it much. Only downside I'd say is that the inside is a little ruff, other than that its prefect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp looking, doesn't have to be pseudomilitary-geek-tactical if you don't want it to, February 22, 2013
rtrski "Who, me?" (Grand Prairie, TX United States) - See all my reviews
First impression out of the bag was surprise - I didn't realize the top shoulder panels were more 'canvas' than fleece, but this makes sense in case you want to lug a backpack or otherwise sling a strap over the shoulder; fleece would take a wear really quick. There were a few 'loose strings' at seams that kind of fouled the right-side pocket zipper in my case, but pretty quickly ripped those out and found them to be excess, not a matter of a shoddy seam stitch. Was also initially concerned that the XL was too snug for me around the waist (I'm 6'2", about 240lbs, and not as much of it muscle as I'd like by a long shot), but turns out the drawstrings at the waist were somewhat cinched and releasing them made it feel just fine.

So, details: shoulder pocket check - nice well stitched nylon tab on the zipper pull, interior kind of fleecy so you can stow extra patches inside and they'll kind of 'velcro' in place if you have some that are shall we say more or less work friendly that you'd like to deemphasize on occasion. Chest pocket perfect for a good sized cellphone, probably too small for concealed carry (plus it would print, hardly concealed'), and does have a cord passthrough for a headphone (rubber 'grommet' type thing like on 'E-vest' type wear). Hand pockets at waist are not baggy, stay tight to the body when not in use, but slashes are big enough to comfortably get hands inside. Nice wind flap at main front zipper. Length feels good on me, not so short it kind of 'rides up' to my beltline with the waist cords cinched to a comfortable tightness. Extra cuffs at sleeves with the thumbholes are great too to keep sleeves from riding up and warm the wrists some, but on me don't quite work because I've got super long arms - I feel like I'm 'shrugging' just a hair when my thumbs are through the slots and I try to dangle my arms straight at the side - most people would probably be fine.

If I could change any one thing, I'd actually reduce the shoulder velcro patch panels a tad in size - most patches you find tend to be 2 x 3" for caps as well, so 4 x 4 vs. say 4 x 3 to let two stack would be quite enough in my opinion. That, and it could use a little more stretch or maybe even a bit of pleating/venting at the shoulderblades to let shoulders rotate forward a bit more freely.

I can't comment on durability or anything yet, but the fabric weights feel good and the stitching seams solid, aside from the one string incident mentioned already. Looking forward to wearing this around quite a bit now; its my new favorite lightweight fleece shell.

Wearing this without patches, with a dark French blue shirt and tie, and chocolate brown slacks on a cool morning to work got me several compliments...no one pegged it as a 'tactical jacket', more like a "modern-day Members Only look" (which was meant as a complement, I'm pretty sure, but definitely pegged the person saying so as still stuck on the 80's. :-D )

4.0 out of 5 stars EVERYTHING IS PERFECT except sizing...., December 19, 2012
This review is from: Condor Men's Alpha Tactical Fleece Jacket (Apparel)
Quality is TOP NOTCH I just don't like the sizing. It runs small as other have said but, what they SHOULD say is that it runs SHORT!!!

I am 5'10" @ 180lbs (medium build) and ordered the large. The fit is truly PERFECT but this thing is SHORT, it shows mid riff for god's sake. If you are short and stalky order a size up and you will be perfect but, if you are taller/slender good luck. It's going to be too short.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bargan tactical jacket, July 5, 2012
andrew (TOLLAND, CT, US) - See all my reviews
I wore a similar fleece during my time in the Marine Corps and had no issues. The only potential issue I see with this fleece is the zipper is a bit tricky to get started and cheap feeling. So far have not had any problems with it. Over all it is a great jacket for the money. Better if it was made in the USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, November 29, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, features, and fit!, December 8, 2013
Condor 601/Alpha Micro Fleece Jacket
Note: I also purchased the Condor 606/Phantom Soft Shell Jacket as an outer layer and will review it along with this item; so expect a little overlap.

PRICE
$45.00 - $55.00. Hard to beat for this type of jacket!

USE
The 601/Alpha is a mid-layer fleece jacket with plenty of features for a range of activities from general outdoors and hunting to tactical and urban utility.

FEATURES
It has zippered slash pockets at the waist, a vertical zippered chest pocket that is sized for glasses, mobile phones, etc., and a zippered left shoulder pocket similar in size to the chest pocket. All pocket zippers have nylon strap extensions on the tabs, and the chest and shoulder pockets have rubber X-grommets for cords to pass through to the interior of the jacket.

The front zipper has top and bottom pull tabs, an interior wind flap, and it zips all the way up the collar. The top pull tab has a looped cord extension that is molded into a plastic brand-tab with “CONDOR” in raised letters on it.

The jacket has nylon reinforcing from the collar to the shoulders; from the elbows to the wrist; and on the inner waistline. The inner waistline has a corded elastic drawstring with beaded barrel locks on the left and right side. There are 3.5” x 4” hook and loop patches that are Box-and-X stitched on each shoulder.

MATERIALS
The polyester micro fleece is of good quality. Not quite as heavy or soft as what is used for high end jackets, but it is more than adequate for mild weather or as a middle layer. The mesh lining is quite good and is of close enough weave that it does not snag like the open weave mesh on some jackets. The nylon reinforcing is good quality and heavy enough to do the job, but not so heavy as to be stiff. The nylon does make the 601/Alpha a little noisier than an all fleece jacket, but that is to be expected. The inside and rim of the collar are fleece and keep the nylon reinforcing from being uncomfortable.

QUALITY AND CONSTRUCTION
Well made in general. I turned the jacket inside out and trimmed a few thread ends, but found none that were loose or likely to unravel. Zippers are not YKK, but seem to be of good quality, and are the thick-tooth type I prefer. The cord on the front zipper pull extension seems a little thin, but I doubt I will ever pull it hard enough to break it. The molded brand-tab on the front zipper pull extension has a good form and texture, but it needs a rounded edge where the cord goes into it. The nylon strap extensions on the pocket zipper tabs, as well as the waistline drawstring and barrel locks, work well and seem to be good quality. The hang loop in the collar is too thin, but even worse: most of the loop on mine was sewn into the seam along the label edge! It makes the loop almost unusable and I don’t think I can get it out without splitting the seam. Not a show-stopper, but pretty inconvenient. Still, I like the jacket so much I’m going to keep using it and see how it works out.

SIZE AND FIT
I am 5’-5”, 150lbs., with slightly broader than average chest and shoulders, so I’m in a generally hard to fit Small-Medium size range for clothing. I took a chance on a Small, but it fits me quite well, even with a base layer and/or shirt on. The length and waist diameter of the Small are also just right for me. The overall sleeve length is a good fit, but the 2” sleeve extensions with thumb holes are a little short. I don’t notice it with my arms at my side, but I do notice it if I stick my arms out in front or bend them past 45 degrees. I have a 15-16 inch neck so I was worried that the collar on a Small would not fit when zipped all the way up, but it is okay.

PERFORMANCE
I’ve worn it casually, with a few trips to the woods, and it seems fine. I need to wear it a little more in other conditions, especially foreign travel, before commenting further, but I expect it to do well.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
More color choices, especially a Gray! And a true Gray, not that Gray-Green (Grayn!) that a lot of tactical/outdoor clothing comes in (I’m looking at you Triple Aught UE Gray ;). A second shoulder pocket, and maybe a forearm or interior pocket. Some D-rings or snaps in at least one of the pockets, and armpit zippers. Better overall quality control inspections!

SUMMARY
Great price, features, and fit! Despite the one sewing flaw the 601/Alpha is a pretty good jacket and I am looking forward to continued use from it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Condor Men's Alpha Tactical Fleece Jacket (Apparel)
This is my second one. I utilize it on and off duty.(law enforcement). Warm with good wind resistance. Reasonable price.

Dave(Law Enforcement Officer)

Condor Micro Fleece Jacket (Black, Large)
$71.33 $50.95