4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very easy
Published on December 20, 2012 by Moulshri Mohan

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too much extraneous text
I think it's important that I reveal myself as a student currently reading this text and not as someone who has read comparable alternatives to this book. This book may be the best in the field, though I certainly hope that isn't the case.

Published 22 months ago by B. Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very easy, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Conducting Research in Psychology: Measuring the Weight of Smoke (Paperback)
This is a really nice book that our prof used for my psych methodology course at college; I found it really easy to read and understand but at the same time it makes all the important principles very clear, If you use it in conjunction with the appendices at the end, you'll have a pretty good understanding of what to look out for when designing experiments and writing papers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too much extraneous text, March 22, 2013

There is valuable information in this text, it's just hidden throughout a staggering volume of garbage. Of the 470ish pages in this book, only about 50 are really useful and a carefully written 100 more could be used to contextualize it in such a way that I didn't feel as though my time was being completely wasted every time I picked this book up, let alone open it for assigned reading. Context is, after all, useful, but it should be concise. I have one (only one!) semester's worth of statistics under my belt and perhaps it is that class that makes this book so painful to read. But even if I hadn't taken that class, I'd still be infuriated by the authors' blatant lack of brevity *except for the useful information*. The important parts actually worth remembering are the only short sentences in the book! It's good that they're concise and easy to understand, but unnecessarily frustrating to dredge through all the frivolous, seemingly unedited examples in order to actually feel like I'm doing something worthwhile when I happen to come across one useful sentence. Given that this book is actually used (and in it's 4th edition, no less), it may just be that this book is best used by students with no statistical experience. Or it may be that the other textbooks in the field are even worse than this one. Either way, if you've taken introductory psychology and know a thing or two about stats, save yourself the money and don't buy this book. You can better use all the time you would have wasted doing just about anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 16, 2012
I really appreciated the post it. :) it was minor but very thoughtful. Keeps me in a good mood when I have books piled up and am studying. Good reminder to keep at it. Shipped within time. Really appreciated working with you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, October 24, 2012
The book came a little late, but the quality was pretty good. It looks like the nicer books that you'll find in a library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping. As described. Would purchase again., January 3, 2014
Fast shipping. As described. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 29, 2014
got here on time and was a great price

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 2, 2014
informative for the research class

Conducting Research in Psychology: Measuring the Weight of Smoke
Conducting Research in Psychology: Measuring the Weight of Smoke by Brett W. Pelham (Paperback - January 1, 2012)
$190.95 $147.64