Conduit 2 is first-person shooter (FPS) for Wii that challenges players to uncover and battle against an alien conspiracy that has coopted the highest levels of the US government and that now threatens the entire world. Follow-up game to the well received Wii FPS, The Conduit, Conduit 2 continues the groundbreaking action seen in the first game, bringing cutting-edge FPS gameplay and functionality rarely if ever seen on the Wii platform. Features include: 4 player local co-op with split-screen support, 12-player support online, online chat via the Headbanger headset (sold separately), character customization options and upgrades, a 20-weapon strong arsenal and much, much more.
Waking up on an offshore oil rig Michael Ford recalls the escape that he was able to pull off at the conclusion of the original game, The Conduit. At that point it was made clear that things were not as he had been led to believe. The shadow government that he was once an agent of had in fact been coopted by an alien agenda unleashed by a man he once trusted, while the alien Drudge forces although still a deadly force, came to be seen as not quite the single-minded terror that they once seemed. But that was DC and this was another place entirely. Ford's mastery of alien conduit technology provided for his escape, as well as a second chance not only to save the human race, but also to exact revenge for the double cross that made him a pawn in a game whose players are only now becoming visible.
Continue the battle against the Drudge horde and uncover the truth behind their invasion. View larger.
Like the original The Conduit game, Conduit 2 is a FPS developed specifically for the Wii platform, with players again stepping into the boots of series hero Michael Ford. Gameplay is mission-based with Ford in pursuit the alien Adams/Enlil, the betrayer of the US and the world from the first game. To do this players will take advantage of an improved arsenal of weapons and weapon features, the puzzle-solving ability and all-around guidance of the levitating handheld device known as the All-Seeing-Eye (ASE) and of course alien conduit technology that allows Ford to travel to the game's different physical environments. Additional features that impact gameplay include: much more expansive, nonlinear game levels, many of which allow for multiple paths toward a set endpoint; environments that are able to be altered or destroyed by Ford or his enemies in order to survive conflicts and succeed in battle; the addition of larger than life bosses to the alien Drudge hordes that pursue Ford; improved overall control response and support for the Wii MotionPlus accessory; and extensive multiplayer functionality including co-op support up to four players with split screen functionality, 12-player support online and online chat via the Headbanger headset (sold separately).
Key Game Features
- All-new 4-Player Split-Screen Battles - Fight side-by-side on the same screen with up to four friends in the new Team Invasion Mode.
- Intense Online Multiplayer Action - Master new maps and modes for up to 12-players. Customize characters and weapon load outs.
- The Next Level of Wii Shooter - Play single, co-op and competitive modes, epic battles across the globe, boss fights, destructible environments, upgraded graphics and more.
- Controller Support - Supports Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, and is optimized for Wii MotionPlus controller accessory.
- Online Chat - Game supports the new Headbanger headset for online chat functionality.
- Play It Your Way - Create your character's unique look with the modular armor system and selectable skins; utilize a class system with pre-mission weapon load-out and suit upgrades; and gain currency to purchase new weaponry, armor, upgrades, and additional content.
- Advanced Weapons and Technology - Features an arsenal of over 20 weapons, including wall-penetrating sniper rifles, remotely-controlled deployable turrets, and alien technology that captures incoming fire and unleashes it back on the enemy. Man fixed emplacements at fortified positions and on drop ships. Use the alien ASE (All-Seeing-Eye) device to hack electronics and uncover hidden traps and enemies.