Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 31, 2008
Coney Island of the Mind has been around so long it's easy to take it for granted. Give this perfect edition another look: apart from one or two weaker poems that sound like Zippy Beatnik parodies, it's a surprisngly strong collection. Support LF while's he's still with us: there's even a cd reading that sounds like George Carlin preparing at home. Buy it.
on August 10, 2015
First purchased in paperback in the 60's, this went missing even as my brain, 50 years later, wanted to experience it again. The CD is lovely (driving around listening to Ferlinghetti read his poetry on your car CD player ... a mind blower, for sure), the book itself is perfectly reproduced ... what's not to love? The poems themselves might seem a little dated if you are stuck in your own time zone (as would Shakespeare, if he weren't Holy) ...but you know, there's a lot of interesting stuff going on here.
on February 25, 2011
The 50th Ann. Edition is a "must have" The encluded CD, with Ferlinghetti reading (more correctly interpreting)his beautiful, poignant and still relevant poetry takes me back to the "City Lights" bookstore in San Francisco listening to Ferlinghetti, Ginsburg, et. al.
on November 2, 2008
I am still waiting for mine, but read someone elses. I love ferlenghetti and to have his signature - magic.
on July 14, 2010
This is the first poetry that I ever read and enjoyed. I discovered Ferlinghetti in the 60s in high school. He spoke to my generation. I still love his work. It's a great trip down memory lane, when things outside of ourselves still mattered. This great new edition had a CD of the author reading his poems.
on April 26, 2014
Some of the finest proseic poetry ever written. I tripped over this writer in high school & couldn't get enough! I still have my poster of "The World is a Beautiful Place".
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2015
Sweet and various the woodlark, who sings at the unbought gate. What can one say - it's Ferlinghetti. Nice book and a disk to boot - excellent value for the price paid.
on February 20, 2016
Coney Island of the Mind is an echo from the past. It is to be appreciated.
on January 19, 2016
Poor quality book..I should have bought the original
on November 23, 2015