Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Confessions of a Catnip Junkie
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 3, 2015
Quite simply, this is one of the BEST books I have EVER read! I laughed, I cried, and I finished it with a smile on my face and a warm heart, with my own lap full of marmalade kitty, If you are a cat-lover, this is a Must Read! Even if you are not, it is a grand adventure and an exciting tale of love and adventure. I read so many books, I can't begin to review them all, but this one is so outstanding, I felt I had to tell others about it. The story line was tightly woven and well-plotted, and the writing exceptionally well-done. I highly recommend this book to anyone, but especially for anyone who loves our feline life partners.
on April 12, 2010
I intended to enjoy a cup of coffee and a leasurely reading of a chapter or two of a book by a very favorite writer. Instead, I was kidnapped (or better yet catnapped) into a world of adventure and forced into a non-stop, cover-to-cover reading of the delightful account of a fiesty, streetwise yet lovable cat. While our feline hero "finds" his past and present self; methinks the writer intended for the rest of us to learn more about "ourselves" as well. For buried in all of us is a wonderul layer of intrique and beauty when veiwed through different eyes...in this case the eyes of a lovable macho cat. The delightful interplay of cat and human insight entwine. Discerning where one ends and the other begins is difficult, for in the end we are all made more human and more feline.

Now perhaps, I will escape from my "cativity" and have a slow, enjoyable re-reading of "The Confessions of a Catnip Junkie." I loved the book. I hope all those who read it will share the same "can't put this down" compulsion. I eagerly await the film version.
on June 3, 2015
What a good story this is! It is very cleverly told by the main feline character. This cat has a super personality that reminds me of my Siamese kitten, Scratch, with whom there is never a dull moment. The story moved well carrying the reader along from coast to coast and back meeting a variety of characters along the way. I highly recommend this book for anyone who has ever had a close relationship with a cat.
on September 27, 2014
Unequivocally, this author knows, understands and loves cats. This story is told in the first person by an impetuous young tomcat at about fifteen months old when he spontaneously raced from home on a catnip high. The story tells how he ended up 6,000 miles from home and found his way back through so many adventures and hardships, friends and acquaintances. As he describes many of the people he interacted with and his actions, he frequently explains how or why a cat responds to these individual situations. This book is a treasure. Enjoy these adventures, trials and heroics and also learn as he explains many natural statistics of cats.
on July 9, 2010
As much as I love cat themed books, books about cats, and books by cats, it's rare to come across one that I absolutely cannot put down. I started Allan Goldstein's The Confessions of a Catnip Junkie expecting to be entertained. What I didn't expect was that for the two days it took me to read it, I didn't get much of anything else accomplished, so be forewarned - don't start this book unless you know you'll have a good chunk of uniterrupted time ahead of you!

Written from the perspective of an orange long-haired cat named DooDoo, The Confessions of a Catnip Junkie is the account of DooDoo's six thousand mile journey across America. A self-confessed catnip addict, DooDoo lived with two much adored humans after having been abandoned by his mother in the backyard jungle of San Francisco. However, DooDoo has an adventurous streak. One day, a sudden impulse sends him into the wilds of San Francisco and beyond. After the initial thrill dissipates, he realizes that he is lost, and he wants to find his way home again. Never in his wildest dreams would he have imagined that it would take him a year, and that along the way he would encounter a subway cat named Rass who becomes his new best friend, help a homeless drunk find his way home, a minor league baseball player and a smalltown TV reporter find the big time, and a widowed pilot find peace.

DooDoo's adventures will touch your heart while keeping you on the edge of your seat. Goldstein's has an amazing ability to present DooDoo's breathtaking adventures from a cat's point of view, and at times as you may recognize your own tamed tiger's antics in the pages. You will be routing for DooDoo and his sidekick, Rass, as they encounter one challenge after another. At times, I got so caught up in the action, I had to actually skip some sections to make sure that DooDoo and Rass were going to be okay and then go back to catch up on the missed details - I just couldn't bear the suspense!

This is a wonderful, entertaining, touching and well-written book. If you're looking for a fun, engaging read, you won't regret picking this one up.
on May 30, 2016
Confessions of a Catnip Junkie.
Loved, loved this book. Almost could not put it down. Full of fun, some sad moments, adventures all written
from a cat's point of view. A wonderful read for cat lovers...
on July 23, 2013
Doo Doo teaches us how God works in all our lives. We think that there is "something better out there" but then we find that all we really need is right at home in front of us.

Doo Doo shows us how despite love and less and many travels his heart still longs for his home and his determination and strength with God's help shows him the way home.

Wonderful book.
on July 6, 2014
if ever a cat could write about a cross-country adventure, this tale fits the bill. A delightful and highly believable story about love, devotion, adventure and the 9 lives that cats seem to have. A great read.
on January 21, 2014
What an excellent story!!!! It made me laugh at times and cry other times!! A must read!!!!!!!!! Even though his adventure was made up, it was still great to think that maybe this was what Doo Doo went through to find his way back to his owners!!!!
on July 5, 2013
I love Doo Doo the main cat character. I had my own catnip junkie, but she would never have done the things that Doo Doo does in the book. Great book highly recommend for those who have ever had their own catnip junkie.