4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Book if You Know what to Expect From It
Published on January 20, 2012 by Compay

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow
Published on October 26, 2011 by Allison Wonderland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Book if You Know what to Expect From It, January 20, 2012
Compay (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This book is a guilty pleasure for anyone that's already a fan of Jersey Shore. I'm a guy that enjoys watching the show, and purchased the book for a friend. I gave it a read, and noticed that Snooki admits that her 15 minutes of fame have lasted longer than what she had expected. If you've ever seen her on the show, you should already know that you're not buying a book of profound thoughts, nor a ghost-written autobiography from some politician. It's simply what you would expect.

The entire book is obviously fluff. Snooki's take on fashion, men, family and friends. She offers basic back stories on what occurred during Jersey Shore, and her take on the housemates. There are a number of lists tossed around, and some interesting facts that you wouldn't have guessed about her. The book is padded with photos, which I'm okay with considering I find her to be an attractive Latina (she's Chilean, not Italian).

If you're a fan of the show, it's worth reading. If you're a diehard Snooki fan, it's clearly a must-read. But if you dislike the show, it makes no sense to review the book, as there's no way it could possibly appeal to you. It would be like giving a Paula Deen book to a diabetic vegan.

Almost every one-star review of this book has something in common: no one actually comments on the book itself. Every reviewer but one sticks to criticizing Snooki or Jersey Shore in general, rather than actually state what they disliked about the book. People get their entertainment from different sources, from spending hours surfing the web, to playing video games. I don't apologize for being a regular watcher of the show, or taking the time to actually read the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow, October 26, 2011
I met Snooki tonight when she signed my copy of this book. She was unfriendly and seemed like she hated having to meet the people who bought her book. The book itself can be condensed into only a couple dozen pages of solid print as it is filled with pictures, quotes, and lists. The book gives lots of advice on how to be a proper guidette: never wear flats (they are for librarians), don't use bumpits (use a teasing comb), never have pale skin, etc. If you are able to find Snooki herself to be amusing, then you'll enjoy reading this book - definitely buy on Amazon (or wait for the paperback) as it is 10 bucks less than in stores and don't bother with the kindle version since it won't do the pictures justice. There are lots of previously unseen pictures of Snooki and her home life. This book is obviously very very light reading with little substance; it's a guilty pleasure, just like Jersey Shore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good thing this mess of a book was a free copy..., October 31, 2011
Anne (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
If you wish to aspire to the world of the tacky and declasse, then this is the book for you. Just when I thought nothing was more atrocious and amateurish than 'A Shore Thing,' Snooki didn't disappoint in adding more low-quality trash to online book shelves.

However, 'Confessions of a Guidette' should appeal to the functionally illiterate and/or barely literate, since it contains plenty of photos, and a jumble of lists no person of real style would find useful.

In the meanwhile, I'll preserve the health of my feet by wearing my "librarian flats" and embrace my pale skin in contrast to risking skin cancer and premature aging. Lastly, I wouldn't take the advice of anyone wearing a hairstyle straight from 1967 who has no concept of what real fashion and couture are.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong title, July 30, 2012
When I first saw the title "Confessions of a Guidette" I thought that this was a biography like "Sliding into home" by Kendra Wilkinson and I was excited to get to know Snooki better. I was wrong... This book is full of bla bla bla's and pictures! If you're a die hard fan of Snooki I think you will like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply LOVE This Book!, November 13, 2012
I cant get enough of snooki & this book told me alot about her life & where she came from. I really enjoyed this book & im pretty sure any other jersey shore fan would like it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 3, 2013
I really enjoyed this book into what snooki is all about. I read this book in a couple of days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Confessions of a Guidette (Hardcover)
This book was hilarious! Any snooki fan would love this book for the pictures, quotes, and snooki's original philosophies. It has beautiful design and photos and tons of her funny quotes... You should buy this book y'all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived safely., December 19, 2012
My daughter is a Snooki in training. She loves anything Snooki and watches the show all the time. Thanks and Merry Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluff, but fun, February 14, 2012
I bought the book after watching the Jersey Shore and falling in love with Snooki. This book isn't anything serious, but it's fun. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, June 6, 2013
kathleen Coogan (ROCKAWAY PARK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this book, and I absolutely love Snooki! This is such a fun read, and was interest sting enough to finish in one sitting. It basically gives her tips and tricks to getting snookified, such as what her favorite makeup brands are, and what songs she listens to to get pumped up!

My book arrived in a timely fashion which was good because I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Confessions of a Guidette
Confessions of a Guidette by Nicole Polizzi (Hardcover - October 25, 2011)
Used & New from: $1.50