4.0 out of 5 stars So this is what celebrity life is like...
Published on June 22, 2009 by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars cute family movie
Always nice to see Valerie, I have a love crush on her always, all in all a great family movie!
Published on August 8, 2011 by Starsshines4us

4.0 out of 5 stars So this is what celebrity life is like..., June 22, 2009
Matt (Denver, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
I was definitely surprised by this, and for the most part due to JoJo. I know she has acted before, but I assumed her acting would be so similar to the character she's portraying in TCHS that the line would be severely blurred. Though it runs through your head while watching that she is obviously less of a problem child in real life than in the film. Her character is shipped out of Hollywood to Indiana as part of her rehab stint (Due to excessive drinking and partying... sound familiar?), to live with her aunt (Valerie Bertinelli - extremely perky and cute in this film). The fact that this film sounds so familiar is because it does resemble the life story of a number of young actresses you could think of. Though obviously this story is more of a comedy than their lives are. This movie certainly is not made for kids, despite how it may look... I recommend a viewing if you are obsessed with Hollywood and celebrities. It really makes you think about how they live with a different outlook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Book To Movies Disappoint, December 1, 2010
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
Most movies that were books before movies disappoint, however, "True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet" is fantastic! I read both books before I saw the movie, and I enjoy both! JoJo's performance is believeable and the movie is excellent for those nights you just want to curl up and watch a movie :) 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun teen movie!, August 9, 2009
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
This movie really surprised me. Well-written and good acting. A peek behind the Hollywood curtain. And some good laughs as well. A good film with a timely message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wholesome movie., April 24, 2014
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
Very realistic plot, well done. I bought this movie for my granddaughter and we enjoyed it very much. I would recommend to grandparents and parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
I lov JoJo and how she plays her character. She's awesome and I love every movie she's in. The movie made me cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet, August 25, 2012
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
Great movie. I can't say only so much about the movies. Made me think of how hard it is for movie stars to live up to their image. I have to admit I pick out ALL good movies so this is one of them. The dealer was great to deal with...

3.0 out of 5 stars cute family movie, August 8, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid movie, April 12, 2011
This review is from: True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet (DVD)
Jojo gives a great acting performance in this movie and shows that she is more than just a singer. Some of the storyline is over the top but it is a must have for fans of Jojo.

True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet
True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet by Barbara Lieberman (DVD - 2009)
$9.98 $4.31