5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, funny, and inspiring
Published on July 10, 2010 by S Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars Prayer slacker tips
Slow starting but becomes more interesting and helpful as you read. Worth reading for sure. Just hang in there and be patient. Answers are there.
Published 7 months ago by Patty Northrop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, funny, and inspiring, July 10, 2010
S Wilson (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I guess I've read too many guilt-inducing tomes on prayer because this one ain't. Instead I felt inspired to start a actual prayer life (in contrast to the under-the-breath desperate mutterings I'm prone to), while laughing out loud at the author's wit and transparency of her own prayer struggles. This will energize you (while artfully knocking each excuse out from under you) to get serious about prayer. Guilt not included!

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial and fun, July 22, 2010
Fred (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
We're all slacking to do certain things. This book gave me a great perspective on prayer. "Confessions of a Prayer Slacker" is filled with great stories of the life change a relationship with God can bring you. She has a way with humor while confirming that God is always available to hear from you. God is not keeping a track record of your wrongs. He wants to spend time with you. After reading this book I wanted to spend more time with Him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, Fresh Look at Prayer, August 3, 2010
I really enjoyed this book. Diane takes us on her own personal prayer journey with honesty & humor. I've read many books on prayer, most of which left me feeling even guiltier about my prayer life than before I read them. This book left me inspired, hopeful & encouraged to begin a new journey into a more meaningful prayer life. Our prayers really do matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and Honest, October 17, 2010
So, I admit it, I am a prayer slacker and that is one of the reasons why this book called out to me so insistently. I was really hoping that this book would give me a kick in the posterior and get me motivated to dedicate more one-on-one time to God every day. It did that and more--it gave me a lot of food for thought as well.

Now that I've finished the book, my copy is filled with little sticky tabs, marking interesting or important passages that I want to return to. Diane has provided a wonderfully motivational book that acknowledges her own weaknesses while at the same time helping other prayer slackers get closer to the point of becoming prayer warriors. Diane dispels a wide range of excuses, beautifully illustrates God's desire to spend time with you, and gives the reader a step-by-step process to be well-prepared and equipped to meet with Him every day.

I loved her visual explanation of Jesus waiting for her in the family room, each morning, with a hot, steaming cup of coffee, just waiting to have time together with her (pg. 63). That visual was really effective--I think I needed that visual to help get me motivated. Who could stand up Jesus for morning coffee?? It gave me a lot to think about. Prayer is more than just giving God a list of things to do or sending him a thank-you card. It is part of a relationship, during which you spend quality time in His presence and in His word.

I also really appreciated her "Gotta Haves" - a list of things that you should set aside for your morning prayer time. Her suggestion of keeping a prayer journal was helpful, but even more helpful was that she explained what it was. Her discussion of what worked for her in a prayer journal and why was excellent and I could finally see why a prayer journal would be a useful thing.

Throughout this book, Diane's sense of humor sparkles and draws you in to the conversation, as if you are having tea and chatting. I admit that I sometimes have a hard time getting through non-fiction because my attention wanders, but I had no problem sticking with this book.

So if you feel like your prayer life is a bit stale, or you need a jump-start for some really quality prayer time with God, I highly recommend that you pick up this book! It would be an excellent choice for Bible studies too--with 16 chapters and study questions at the end of the book, participants would definitely have a lot to talk about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slackers Beware, September 19, 2010
If you want to read a book that is going to guilt you into prayer, don't pick up this one. Diane Moody shares her heart with vulnerability and honesty with a mix of humor. I felt like I had a kindred spirit! While reading this short, but amazing book, I laughed with her and identified with her, and wanted what she has discovered in her journey to deepen her relationship with God. How many times does someone admit they have fallen asleep while praying? If we took a poll, I bet the percentage is higher than we think. Diane gives us some practical steps to take the leap from reciting The Lord's Prayer to inviting God into our everyday life and discovering who He is and how He longs to demonstrate His love to you. If you want to sit up on your pedestal with holy "thee's, thou's, and tho's", stay away from this book. If you want to discover a holy friendship with the Creator, read it, savor it, be challenged by it and acknowledge what a slacker you have been. God is waiting for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amen!!!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Prayer Slacker (Second Edition) (Kindle Edition)
This book could have been written by me. I once was a prayer slacker, got back into a decent prayer life, and am slacking again. I have used everyone of her prayerlessness excuses and then some. This book is priceless and is useful for getting out of prayerlessness only if you put your heart and mind and body into it. A great volume to read, digest and put into practice. Thank you, Diane, for readily admitting your slackness in prayer! One difficulty with the book on my Kindle was that several of the Bible verses were written as one letter per line which made reading them difficulty but then it could have been a fault with my e-reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slacker Backer, September 18, 2010
Tom Old Dude "btyndall@bellsouth.net" (Brentwood, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
In a culture that majors in numbing by distractions, Diane's book on prayer is like a splash of cold water to the face. Her sass and soberness along with highly usable takeaways won't solve all prayer questions, but they will create the appetite to taste of prayers that connect. I loved the humorous quips, the heart-tugging confessions and the "aw, c'mon" guilt-free attitude that Diane serves up to those of us who have Prayer A.D.D. or just think the whole thing is a religious game. Be warned! Diane will have you laughing and learning and then longing to try once again to realize you are not the center of the universe. Now, I've got to pray about what I just wrote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a Prayer Slacker, January 26, 2013
When I first read the title of this book it caught my attention. I
was not going to purchase it but kept coming back to it. Thank you for writing this incredible book. It spoke to me and made me realize the importance of prayer. I am ready to begin my daily praying. Diane may God continue to use you as a medium for others, God bless and keep on writing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Prayer slacker tips, November 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of Another Prayer Slacker, October 1, 2010
Great book, especially for long-time believers who need to be reminded of Whose we are and why we are here. Glad the author opened up her heart and her past to share with us.

Rate and Discover Movies