4.0 out of 5 stars Dumbells for a Genius
Published on March 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a pair of 40 lb dumbbells!
Published on March 13, 2011 by l.w. iacono

2.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a pair of 40 lb dumbbells!, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Pro Weights Adjustable 40-pound Dumbbells Set (Misc.)
The total weight of this item is 40 lbs. This is not a pair of 40 lb dumbbells, it is a 40 lb pair of dumbbells. So at $80 for the set, you are paying $2/lb -- not a good deal at all. This is plain false advertising -- there is no way to interpret "pair of 40 lb dumbbells" where the pair ends up weighing 40 lbs. Other than the deceptive listing and the bad price, the weights are fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars not as advertised, March 4, 2011
rene' (Bethlehem Pa.) - See all my reviews
When the weights cameI knew right away it wasn't what I ordered. The header said a pair of 40 pound dumbbells, when in fact it was a pair of 20 pound dumbbells. I got two and a half times more weight for $100 from Ebay. I bought these for my son so he and I could do P90X together, however I still need to get him more weights to do the program. Also the case was broken and it appears that there is about a years worth of dust on the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dumbells for a Genius, March 4, 2011
When my new son-in-law requested dumbbells for Christmas, I was thrilled to find this well-reviewed set at a reasonable price, in it's own container!! -- perfect for a small apartment. When the package arrived, the case (the main reason for picking THIS set) was badly cracked. I e-mailed Golf Outlets of America. They quickly shipped me a new case on very short notice and all was well by Christmas morning. He's happy with them and so am I.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, April 18, 2011
Kate "Kate" (Philadelphia, pa United States) - See all my reviews
I wish I had gotten a different set of weights, as I've had a few issues with these. First, the collars aren't secure. It's not like they suddenly fall off, but I'm constantly tightening them because they start to unscrew themselves. Second, the silver paint chips all over the place. Third, the bar tears my hands up. I had to buy gloves because my palms are raw every time I use them. Maybe this is to be expected with dumbbells. I haven't used a lot of them, but the others did not tear up my (admittedly girly and well moisturized) hands this way.

Then again, when I got them they were only $50 or so. Guess I got what I paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, October 14, 2010
First of all the price is great. I have looked and looked for weights and the price is costly. These are a gift for my nephew and he loves them, he says they are just what he wanted. He is working on taking off weight and building up for sports( he is involved in four sports). We have looked and looked and these give him just what he is looking for. Amazon has come to the rescue again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, March 29, 2013
They are handy and adjustable. The price is great bargain. Multiple households can use. Bottom line highly recommended, and the benefit of exercise with the dumbells is much more beneficial than the price. Worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, March 17, 2013
Happy with what i bought..Did not face the problem of chipping reported in others review. No sharp edges and threading of rod is also good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dumbbell set, February 23, 2013
Relatively easy to change weight amounts. Much less expensive than self adjusting dumbells costing much more. I don't mind spending a little more time changing the plates as opposed to the high cost of the self adjusting ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adjustable dumb bells a good choice, February 19, 2013
The adjustable weights are a great addition to my work out. Since I Dont have a lot of space, this weight set is just right. The product itself is made well, and I can change the plates quickly and easily.
I would suggest this to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 23, 2013
great product! was delivered on time with all part in box ready to be assembled now using it every day