5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my TREADMILL DESK!
Published on October 11, 2011 by A.D.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Power Plus Treadmill
Bought this product for it's wonderful price and it came promptly.
After a week of use, I'm getting over it's dimensions---I feel like a giant on child-size treadmill. Beware that the bars are quite low and the walking space is limited...I'm 5'5''.
Published on June 13, 2011 by Nancy F.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my TREADMILL DESK!, October 11, 2011
A.D. (Bay Area, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
I recently converted to a standing desk from IKEA (the Fredrik) and I had been searching for a really small and lightweight treadmill that had handlebars that I could easily disassemble. When I saw this inexpensive and really compact option, I was hoping it would fit the bill - and it did! Not only that, but it was super easy to setup within 30 minutes once I received the shipment from Third Party Vendor, Golf Outlets of America (located in CA).

I've been using this treadmill for over 2 weeks now and I must say - for the price I paid - it's everything that I hoped for and more for my treadmill desk setup! It's very small and very light, so a petite woman such as myself can easily move it around (although most of the time, it's so compact that I just leave it under my desk as is). In order to remove the console from the handlebars, I just had to get handy with a screw driver. I opened the console, unlatched the wire (use a little Exacto knife to cut around the glue), slipped it out of the handlebar poles and attached it back to the console. As you can see from the picture I posted on Amazon, the setup looks quite minimal and not big and gaudy like other larger treadmill consoles - no handlebars to mess with either (no need to assemble them).

I've been walking while working on the computer about 3-6 hours a day, and I'm hoping to work up to a full 8 hours. You can start at a very small and manageable pace - 1.0mph, but I like to go as fast at 3.4mph when I'm surfing the Internet and doing non-work related tasks where my concentration doesn't have to be as focused.

The great thing about this treadmill is that similarly-sized setups cost anywhere from $820 (just for the treadmill) to $4000 (for the standing desk + treadmill). Why spend so much when you can easily make your own? Plus, compared to the TreadDesk, I like that this treadmill goes up to 10mph (as opposed to a max of 4mph).

The only downside to this treadmill is that it automatically stops after 30 minutes of activity. I've grown to like this "feature" though; that way, I can remind myself to take a break from walking and I could also tally up how many "30 minute sessions" I've done for the day.

So, if you're debating whether you should transition to a standing/treadmill desk, or if you're already shopping around for a suitable treadmill that is proven to work, don't hesitate to get this product!

SIDE NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: UPS delivered the box damaged with a gaping hole in it, and there was definitely some cosmetic damage to the treadmill. Golf Outlets of America was very pleasant to deal with - they were super quick to respond to my issue and offered to replace the product right away. However, I did not mind the cosmetic damage, and received a generous discount instead. Kudos to their customer service department! UPS however, always leaves much to be desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Treadmill, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
The product was ordered for my circumstance based upon space saving qualities.

Upon ordering, the product arrived w/in the week. The package was easy for me to manuever by myself, 57lbs in box-53 lbs out of box. It is around 4 feet tall and 4 feet long.

Assembly was SUPER easy. The treadmill was practically put together in the box. I had to insert a screw here and a knob there but no problems and it was assembled in a matter of minutes.

The treadmill's controls are very basic. No levels/intervals or incline adjustments. You have speed, calories, time, and distance icons on a central interface.

When actually using the treadmill, I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it runs. Compared to other treadmills I have owned, the speed on this one seems a little slower i.e. going 3.5 seems faster on other treadmills as compared to this one. To compensate for that all you have to do is speed it up. I have used it up to speeds of 4.7 for speed walking purposes and it runs great.

Here comes the wonderful part, when I am finished, I pick up the walking portion of the treadmill and snap a knob---instantly compacting the treadmill and getting it out of the way. It does have rollers to roll it around if needed.

All in all, it is a nice basic treadmill that I would recommend to those of us who have limited space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Treadmill, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
I love this treadmill. It arrived in less than a week and was ready to go out of the box. In less than 5 minutes I was walking on the treadmill. I am 6'2 240 and the belt does not slip it however is a little short if you are taller than 6' by much I wouldn't recommend this one. I have used this everyday since it arrived and its very easy to figure out and understand and i have not had a minutes of trouble with it............. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this treadmill....... Its a great buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Poor Instructions, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
This treadmill was exactly what I wanted....small, lightweight, and quiet running. I'm 73 and had no trouble doing the minor assembly. What I found to be lacking was only in the instruction manual, which fails to tell you (1) that the speed and distance statistics shown in the control panel are in kilometers, (2) how to adjust the belt in case it needs it, and (3) how to lubricate the belt.

To convert kilometers to miles, multiply what is shown in the control panel by .621.

The treadmill comes with a hex wrench. On each side of the bottom end of the unit is a hole wherein the hex wrench fits. On YouTube, I found a tutorial for doing the belt adjustments: If the belt is sliding to the left, thrn the left screw clockwise and the right screw counter-clockwise one-quarter turn. If the belt is sliding to the right, turn the left screw counter-clockwise and the right screw clockwise one-quarter turn. Run the machine to check alignment and adjust accordingly. If the belt is too loose (tension on it should allow it to raise about three inches from flat), turn both screws one quarter turn clockwise. If it is too tight, turn both screws one-quarter turn counter-clockwise.

To lubricate the belt, lift it up on each side and squirt a small amount of lubricating oil, then run the machine to distribute it.

I am very happy with the machine now that I have the knowledge to care for it properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, portable, and empowering, January 28, 2012
G. Latham (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
I too purchased this treadmill to create a walking desk configuration. It has surpassed expectations. Sure, the console is rudimentary and the feature set is minimalistic, but if your goal is to adapt it to create a constructive fitness opportunity out of mundane activities, then this treadmill is a high value solution. The small walking track is a benefit, and perfectly suitable for me (5'8" with a ~2'3" stride).

Setup was trivial. The treadmill is nearly fully assembled in the box. The only trouble I had was that when everything was connected, the treadmill wouldn't start. The console simply read "SAFE". The problem was that the safety magnet was not able to make a proper connection to override this deactivation. The magnet did not fit neatly on top of the yellow dot. In my case, deactivation was only possible by sliding the magnet slightly but noticeably to the left of the poorly positioned dot.

Conversion to a treadmill desk required the following adjustments, as noted by others.

1) Disassemble the console by removing the screws on the back plate.
2) Remove the connector. I didn't have to cut around any glue or such, but the connector was a devil to remove. What worked in my case was to push hard down on the front of the white connector; pull down and away to disengage it.
3) Tie the connector end to dental floss or string and thread it through the interior of the hand support bar. Tie off the end in case you ever want to thread it back and reassemble the treadmill to the standard configuration.
4) Remove the hand bars (screws on both sides on the bottom) and reassemble the console.
5) Set up the track and the console (attached only by a wire, but study enough for this purpose) within your desired desk arrangement.

The speed is measured in km/hr not mpg. As others have commented, the treadmill turns off after 30 min automatically. I agree with another reviewer that there is no point to bother with the P1/P2 features. Just hit the red on button, set your speed, and go.

With this setup, I've gone from ~5000 steps per day to hitting 10,000 steps with little intentional effort. I just don't sit on the couch for my computer work; I walk. The miles fly by. My fitbit has never been happier. I sleep better at night to boot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Power Plus Treadmill, June 13, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
Bought this product for it's wonderful price and it came promptly.
It's directions for setting the time and speed are very brief. That's alright except I'm still having trouble setting the speed I want. The directions will tell you to get on and while it's moving to use the plus and minus signs to adjust to what you want. No response. The machine then beeps after a few minutes and speeds up. Several minutes later and jumps up again and I find myself pulling the magnet to stop. I found if I stop it with the button and press the plus button, I usually can set it to what I want. Then it will stay on that speed and not move.
All in all I am disappointed, but will keep it as I master the speed issue, get used to its size, and the fact I can't be bothered with sending it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate motor, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
I purchased this for use as part of a treadmill desk. It seemed like a perfect solution.

In terms of size and speed, it's fine, but the motor can't seem to even handle moderate walking. It groans and slows with each step (I'm about 150 lbs, and it did the same thing with a 110lb family member). Additionally, the belt slips to one side regardless of how I adjust the tension.

Golf Outlets was gracious about an exchange, but the same things happened with the second treadmill, therefore I am concluding that it's an engineering.manufacturing problem and not an isolated defect.

I do not recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
When I found this treadmill for the price it was; I was a little bit unnerved about it. However I took a chance because of the reviews, and now I am glad I did. It is remarkably light, easy to assemble (it took me 5 minutes), and fairly quiet. I got this treadmill for my dogs, and so far they are adjusting nicely. I use it from time to time, and I have had no malfunctions with it. It is perfect for an apartment, and seems to be quality work. It also folds up quite nicely and stands against my wall, but was just a bit too tall for under my bed. I have two negative comments to make. The first is that I think the power cord could be a little longer, and second you need to be aware this is a small treadmill. If you are tall (6 foot or above) do not expect to run full stride. I have to chop my steps, or go with a brisk walk pace in order to utilize this equipment effectively. Still for the price I paid this machine is nice. There are no real features. NO INCLINE, NO WEIGHT ENTRY, NO PULSE READER. It has preset modes, a timer, a distance calculator, and a speed adjustment with emergency stop.

Summary: SIMPLE, LIGHT, and QUALITY TREADMILL

4.0 out of 5 stars How To Remove The Handle Bars, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
I bought this treadmill to use for a walking desk. I took of the handle bars and now the control box is free floating and can rest on my desk.

HOW TO REMOVE THE CONTRL BOX FROM THE HANDLE BARS:

Tools Definitely Needed - Crescent Wrench, Philips Head Screw Driver // Tools Very Useful To Have - Exacto knife, Needle Nose Pliers

1. Unplug the treadmill. With the crescent wrench, undo the two large machine screws on the side of the treadmill that secure the bars to the actual treadmill portion. Do a few turns on one screw, then a few turns on the other, that way when you finally pull one out, you don't have as hard a time unscrewing the remaining side.

2. Lay the handlebars down and rotate the control box so you're looking at its backside. Use the Philips head to remove all 8 screws. Press FIRM when you unscrew these, otherwise you'll strip these cheap screws. Remove both the front of the control panel and the small backside of the control panel.

3. You'll see in the picture I uploaded, a small white block on the board that power wire connects to. Use your exacto knife and trim off as much glue on this switch as you can. Then use your needle nose pliers to disconnect the power switch from the board. Use your other hand to press firmly on the part of the switch connected to the board, you don't want to break those soldered joints, otherwise you'll have to unscrew the circuit board (it has 5 screws you can easily undo), flip the board over and repair the soldered joints, not fun unless you like that sort of stuff.

4. Once you've disconnected the power switch from the board, snake it out through the bars and voila, the bars are disconnected!

5. Plug the power switch back into the board. Screw on the backside of the control box, the cord will come out the side that is now cleared because the bar is not there anymore. Then screw on the front of the control panel.

6. Plug in the treadmill. Turn on the power button on the treadmill and see if everything is working. If control box remains dead when you flip the switch on the treadmill, you might have not plugged it back in enough, remember it was glued, so there might be some interference or something. I mentioned that the soldered joint might break, but if you're having an error, its far more likely you just didn't plug it in enough.

7. Enjoy the new thinner you!

INITIAL REVIEW:

The treadmill is pretty "eh". It goes slow enough so I can type/use an iphone while I'm on it. The belt slips and I've yet to see how/if the tension can be fixed. I'm 200lbs. though, slimmer people might not notice it so much. For being a 5'11" male, 200lbs, its a pretty slender unit, I notice that I sort of have to push my legs a little closer together when I walk on it, but its not a big problem. Without the bars on the unit, if I put my weight on one side of the tread, the unit can lift off the ground, but actually that lightness has one perk, moving it is easy.

So far, for $370 (including table cost) I've built a treadmill desk. It's definitely not as glamorous as those $1000 units, and not as spacious. However, because the treadmill is so slender, it doesn't look all that bad. It's also light enough to be moved from/to office or home on a regular basis if needed.

RECAP: Your health is worth way more than $370. And actually, this thing will save you about $10k in healthcare costs down the road. If you think this will even get you off your butt at the office or at home for just ONE hour a day, its worth the cost. Remember, the health benefit of a walking desk is not in burning a number of calories, but in undoing the simmering negative effects of being sedentary for 8 hours a day. Studies have shown that even if after work you workout, the 8 sedentary hours prior sabotage your weight loss. The human body was not meant to click on Excel for 8 hours a day. Do yourself a big favor, skimp on some $4 latte's and get this now. Don't think, just act, your body and your insurance company will thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changing The Speed Manually Works Better, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill (Misc.)
This treadmill is just what I was looking for. Something with the ease of a manual treadmill, but with a motor that operates itself. And I wanted a treadmill that I would feel safer on without so much power that it scares me, but enough power to give me the workout I need.

To avoid the jumping around with the sudden speed changes another reviewer referred to, skip the P1, P2, P3 shortcuts and set the speed manually. After turning on the machine, push the on/off button (the red button on the left of the control panel). The panel will count down from 3 to 2 to 1. Then, the machine will start at 1.0 mph. Press the plus button until it registers the speed you want. You can get on it before you do this or after. It goes to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and so forth until you stop pressing it. Then it goes smoothly at that speed. No jumping around.

To lower the speed, just press the minus button (it goes down in tenths) until you have the new speed you want. When I am ready to get off, I just press the minus button to reduce the speed.

Although this treadmill seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, I hesitated for a while ordering this as I had never heard of this brand. But I'm glad I got it. I haven't had it long...but so far, I've been very pleased with this treadmill. It works well and is easy to handle and move around. It's just the right weight, I couldn't have handled anything any heavier, but I got it in the house and setit up easily. One thing...it seems better to me to keep it open....although it is easy to fold up with just a couple screw changes, I wouldn't want to be putting that heavy bottom screw in and out all the time...it takes a lot of turns to get it in all the way.

Also to mention, the rep at the company was very helpful when I called ahead of time to ask questions. I do wish the handles were a little higher, but I can deal with a couple inches shorter than what I would like when it works so well otherwise.

Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill Black