5.0 out of 5 stars Review from Books That Heal Kids
I own the whole middle school series. I work as a school counselor and our 5th graders love it! These are helpful books that will support kids as they transition to middle school.

Published on May 25, 2010 by Books That Heal Kids

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Book was just ok. I do want buyers to be aware that it had many additional references to "help" lines and/or websites. I wouldn't personally be comfortable with handing this book to a young person without first researching for myself what is offered on those sites. Read it, research it, then .................................
Published 11 months ago by Dee Andersen

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from Books That Heal Kids, May 25, 2010
This review is from: Be Confident in Who You Are (Middle School Confidential Series) (Bk. 1) (Paperback)

Just bringing up this topic can raise anxiety in the room. So wouldn't it be nice to have a hip, relevant, contemporary book series to help students transition from elementary to middle school? Done and done! Series found. And how do I know Middle School Confidential is doing wonders for future middle schoolers? Because kids are asking me for the fourth book (publication pending)! Since the moment I introduced the books, I've barely seen them since. A steady stream of 5th graders have been checking them out from my bookshelf. When asking kids how they like the series and how it's helping them - I was delighted by their responses. Students are taking skills they've learned from Middle School Confidential and utilizing them in their daily lives. One student recommended I share with 5th graders an activity called "Who Are Your Real Friends?" from Real Friends vs the Other Kind because it helped her evaluate her own friendships. A book that decreases friendship drama? Love it.

The students who have read the series have had a noticeably improved attitude about entering middle school. That shift in perspective is allowing kids to not dread but embrace their middle grade years. I encourage teachers, school librarians, and parents to get these on your bookshelves. They won't be sitting idle for long.

Looking forward to the fourth book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, October 22, 2013
Dee Andersen "Dee" (Washington State. USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars 5th grade teacher's approval, June 17, 2012
I think this book help kids think positevely about themselves and what to do in situations. It validates their feelings. I have used it to teach mini lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 18, 2013
I have 2 boys and they have already both read the book! I will have another one to read that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Middle school confidence book, January 17, 2013
Our middle schooler loved this book and reassured him about a lot of things in middle school. The book arrived promptly and was in new condition. We would order form this vendor again!

5.0 out of 5 stars this was for my grandson, March 11, 2013
I don't know how to review this but the title was good enough for me to give to my grandson because I think he needs all the help I can give him since he does not live with me

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, May 15, 2014
My son really enjoyed it. It helped give him the confidence he needed. I highly recommend this book. It was perfect

4.0 out of 5 stars good for my GD - 6th grader, March 20, 2014
some good advice without being preachy.
Always nice to have something to refer back too. She enjoyed it right away.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Expert, July 23, 2014
I chose this rating because nothing is perfect. This book was very helpful for kids who have stress and need confidence . I highly recommend this book for ages 10 on up :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, September 11, 2014
fluff

Be Confident in Who You Are (Middle School Confidential Series) (Bk. 1)
$9.99 $8.99