Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Workplaces are changing. As interpersonal rules of conduct become looser and time deadlines become tighter, conflict resolution is gaining importance as a strategic management issue. Conflict Resolution is the first book to provide specific mediation skills and managerial tools for successfully preventing, managing, and resolving workplace conflicts. Before minor skirmishes become full-blown wars, refer to this hands-on, solution-oriented book to learn:
* The 4 primary tasks of preventive mediation―with two important tools to help you perform those tasks
* Practical tools for mediating conflicts between others―as well as resolving conflicts between yourself and another
* Proactive techniques to frame conflicts as both-gain opportunities―instead of win-lose or lose-lose contests
Organizations that recognize today the necessity of strategically managing internal conflict will be one step ahead in tomorrow’s increasingly competitive business environment. Let Conflict Resolution provide you with the latest information and procedures you need for mediating or even preventing conflicts―and fostering teamwork―in the workplace.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today’s busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
* Clear, concise definitions of conflict management terms and jargon
* Tips for being smart when managing and resolving conflicts
* How-to hints to make conflict management go a little easier
* Practical advice to avoid mistakes when dealing with conflict
* Warning signs for where things could go wrong
* Case studies and examples of how others have managed conflict
* Specific procedures for resolving different kinds of conflicts
This was a required textbook for a Strategic Organizational Leadership Program I am in. I am 4 chapeters in and find that it is an easy enough read and has some good information.Published 3 months ago by Cherise M. Young
A great book that can be used in various arenas of conflict. Leadership and self assessment are benefited by the reading of this book.Published 8 months ago by Jose M
I had started applying the principles and they work! I am so excited for the teachings to be second nature as it will be the catalyst to becoming a well rounded citizen of this... Read morePublished 14 months ago by ravenlocks
Writing style is clear and easy to read. I sometimes get the feeling that conflict resolution as he experiences it is simple and formulaic- yet in real life it doesn't happen that... Read morePublished 22 months ago by james N. Kvale
For a school text book it was fine. Accomplished everything a required book can. Lay out of book made it more interesting.Published on November 21, 2013 by Aaron Schroeder