5.0 out of 5 stars Autotune B Gone
This album takes what Lead Sails made Atreyu famous and combines it with the songs from their previous albums, without all the autotune.

If the over-active presence of the studio editing in Lead Sails kept you from listening, this album will bring you back to Atreyu.
Published on October 27, 2009 by -Klay-

1.0 out of 5 stars Great album, shame on Amazon
I'll start by saying I don't think this is a one star album but this version from Amazon is edited. I don't believe any art should be edited. Shame on Amazon for tricking people into buying this and then not disclosing this "version" is edited. I'll be contacting them and asking for my money back.
Published on October 27, 2009 by Joel D. Tandberg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Autotune B Gone, October 27, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, October 27, 2009
Tim (California, USA) - See all my reviews
There's something interesting musically on every song. The guitar playing and the drums are both great. This album strikes the right balance for me between the metal songs and more melodic songs, and the two different styles of singing that I've always loved from Atreyu.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But They Can Do Better, April 13, 2010
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
I was thoroughly impressed with their previous album, Lead Sails Paper Anchor which I found to be the exact opposite of selling out; they developed their own unique edge and style as opposed to your general metalcore band (not to say I didn't like two of their earlier albums as I did). I enjoyed Congregation of the Damned to an extent, yes, but I find it doesn't compare to their last. Understandable, since their last was breathtakingly beautiful, and the lyrics were the work of true masters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atreyu's Return to Metalcore, February 22, 2010
J. Lee (Bloomington, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
When downloading this album, I really hoped that it wasn't Lead Sails Paper Anchor II. It took me a long time to accept Lead Sails, after loving the Curse in 2004. With this new album, Atreyu really brings back the metalcore that they helped shape in the early 2000's. Although The Curse is my favorite Atreyu record, this ties for second with A Deathgrip on Yesterday. 5/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their best., April 5, 2010
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
I got this CD for my girl friend since she loves this band so much, and she knew how i didn't like this band and kept asking and begging me to listen to it, so i gave it a try and BAM! This album is so great!
I went to go buy my own!
I rate this a 10/10!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hater or not, this album is good, November 16, 2009
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
I found out about atreyu back when suicide notes was still trying, and from the beginning I was not a fan. There sound was so generic, I had heard it a million times before in as many bands. I thought at least they might get better as they go along, and much to my expectations not only did they get worse, they became a laughing stock, it really was a band that you either loved or hated, there absolutely was no inbetween. After a while I discovered becoming the bull, and I almost *^%& myself when i heard it. I loved it, with some research I found Lead Sails and three songs from that album became some of my all time favorite songs, Honor, Doomsday, Becoming the Bull. Everything else on that album was in my opinion garbage. Now that I was aware of this band again I did some more research and found the albums I missed, and guess what.....absolutely nothing else they had made sounded like those three songs, so again I passed them off. Now fast forward to 2009 Congregation is released and I find out by accident looking for something else. At first I'm like whatever, but i take a listen anyway and WOW this album is great. There are more than a few tracks that could have been skipped, but the whole album just reinvented this band, I mean its like I completely don't give a crap about anything this band made before this album, the song writing is incredible, the riffs are heavy, the singing has improved ten-fold, this is truly the album Atreyu has been trying to make since Suicide Notes. I only wish this really was there second album, cause I can't wait to see if they get even better than this from here.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Lead Sails, but with hints of Suicide Notes. Good, solid album., November 28, 2009
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
Just as many people writing these reviews, I've been a fan of Atreyu since their early days. The best way I can describe this album is that it follows the more accessible, softer (but still melodically entertaining) path of Lead Sails Paper Anchor, with flashes of the Atreyu of days past in the songs. I'm giving it 4 stars because it really is a good album, and will definitely be in my rotation for a long time to come. I think they can still improve the balance of heavy and poppy, and will on their next album. Here's some points about the album:

- Buy this if you really liked the older albums, but can respect the newer.
- If you're new to Atreyu, pick up Lead Sails Paper Anchor 2.0, and then buy this album. It's a step in the heavier direction, and LSPA is its proper precursor. Then go buy their older stuff.
- It's a good introduction to the heavier side of life. It'd be a good gift for your little cousins or nephews that you'd like to guide towards hard rock / metalcore music (just as Lead Sails Paper Anchor would be, too).
- For all you audio purists out there, this one isn't particularly amazing on CD vs. medium bitrate files; if you're looking to save a buck, your ears can probably afford to buy this from Amazon .mp3. I still recommend buying it on CD, though- more pleasure for your canals, more money for your favorite artists.

- Favorite songs (admittedly, a spattering of softer and heavier songs):
1. Stop! Before It's Too Late and We've Destroyed It All
4. Coffin Nails
6. Gallows
9. Insatiable
11. Ravenous
15. Bravery

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what you get, October 28, 2009
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
First off, I have been a fan of Atreyu since "the Curse" was first released. I don't do this often but I was in a Target store looking at the new releases, I was intrigued by the album cover, vampire theme, roman numerals for track listing and the song titles. I saw the last song "Five Vicodin chased with a shot of clarity" and all those factors led me to buy the album, without even hearing it. Now this could have been a big mistake, but instead Atreyu became one of my favorite bands, ever. I got suicide notes and story goes on from there.

To all you that want it all to be back to the way it was, you are not going to find it. You see honest musicians have two bosses. The first is their corporate label (if they have one) trying to get a certain sound to sell more records. The second boss is the fans, and most of them want to be fed what they want, with no regards to the musicians themselves. Then of course Atreyu needs to do what they want to do. They got by fine with Deathgrip and then Lead Sails came around. I knew in advance it would not be the same, but it was still the same writers writing the songs. With the exception of a few tracks, I found it to be a decent album, not the best.

Now to Congregation of the Damned: This record does sound like every other record combined and mixed up and then given the full force of their writing talent. It's amazing, new fans who started on Lead Sails will be blown away for sure. I got it tuesday morning and that is the only cd in my stereo. It is a great cd. This one sounds like it should have come bfore Lead Sails, and then Lead Sails would be made better because of the musical growth.

Anyway get it.

To all you new "Lead Sails" Fans (lol) please buy the earlier cds. Please

4.0 out of 5 stars Headbanger's delight!, February 20, 2010
This review is from: Congregation of the Damned (Audio CD)
Congregation of the Damned is exactly what I expected from Atreyu. Amazing guitars, solid vocals and neck cramps from headbanging. If you love hard rock you need to check out this record.

Directions for enjoying Congregation of the Damned:
1. Insert disc or open itunes.
2. Hit the play button.
3. Crank the volume.
4. ROCK OUT!

As a designer I also appreciate album art...this album has a great layout and great graphics. I believe album art is about the only reason to purchase the physical CD in the jewel case packaging.

Congregation of the Damned is an auditory delight!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great album, shame on Amazon, October 27, 2009

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Congregation of the Damned
Congregation of the Damned by Atreyu (Audio CD - 2009)