Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by Sarah on September 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
You need an amp. Run an RCA cable from the TV to the amp. Then regular speaker wire from the amp to the speakers.
Richard Johnson answered on February 7, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Any time you want to run sound out from the TV you must use an amplifier (a receiver or separate components). When you send sound out via RCA or other the sound is not amplified. There is an amp in the TV to power the speakers in the TV but when you send the sound out it bypasses the internal amp.
KBIC answered on June 13, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

i have a magnavox 42 inch plasma with a bad rite speaker is an amp a MUST for these speakers or can i use them just with the tv
Amazon Customer answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

The "RCA cable" is actually a shielded coaxial cable. You have to connect one red speaker lead to the center conductor and one black speaker lead to the outer shield without shorting. Connect one speaker per cable.
JimBob answered on September 22, 2009
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product