Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
[UPDATED] asked by Marietta on June 8, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Usually the WEP key is the access code to your router and is 26 digits long. This key is used to add new devices to your home network. Not to be confused with the WPA which is 8 digits, the router password (which you chose yourself) or the wireless network name (which you also chose yourself). The installation disc for your router should have the WEP key. No experience with the Sony Blu-ray player but had the same problem connecting another Wi-fi laptop to my router so perhaps this will work??
clyde sasaki answered on June 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just went through this situation and with the help of Sony "chat" support finally got to the answer. The BDP-S390 player accepts wi-fi WPA passwords up to 8 characters in length. My password happened to be nine characters. I had to change the password on my wi-fi network to an 8-character one. Then everything went fine. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for this primitive and unnecessary obstacle. Even if there's a reason for this limitation, there should at least be an informative error statement like "Use a password of 8 characters or less". Bad, bad Sony.
Amazon Customer answered on November 28, 2012
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Argh. I have the same problem:(
beans_mama answered on June 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have asked this question to the Mac Communities. I have gotten a few suggestions. There is one I'm going to try. It's related to going to the Sony web site and following the instructions (a long list). I haven't tried it yet, because it seems kind of complicated - but I think I'm going to try it. Here's a link to the discussion - see if you can get help here.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/18596619?ac_cid=op123456#18596619
Marietta answered on June 10, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product