Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on August 27, 2010
Given the other reviews I'm willing to believe I simply got a hub from a bad batch, but this hub is unusable for me. The USB connector is poorly soldered to the cable ("new" the insulation was already pulling away from the usb connector), and the connections on the hub side are *very* loose. Several times I've had cables simply fall out, which I don't have to tell you is somewhat of an issue. Moving this hub while devices are connected is simply out of the question. A little bit of duct tape fixes all when I use the hub on one of my desktop computers, but that's a bit absurd on the road. I've since replaced this hub with the Belkin Ultra Mini Hub F5U407 which is of substantially higher build quality; I've had no issues with the cable or hub connections. I will say I do like the design of this hub; it's small and has all the ports in a line, which I prefer. But, given the inconsistency in making a solid connection this hub is simply destined for the unused electronics box.
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2010
This product looks very cool. It has a lot of LED lights which to me is very colorful and looks cool. And it is not very bright which is a plus because sometimes bright LED lights on any electronics can get very annoying. Also, the cord is short which means this is more preferable for laptop use because as a user I don't want long cords attached to my laptop. It makes it very accessible and hassle free. There are only 4 USB slots on it which is all right to me. I have an external hard drive attached to it, a bluetooth USB, a PS3 controller, and my phone all attached to it. This is, by the way, attached to my laptop. So, yea it works perfectly fine and the build is great too. It looks well made and the picture doesn't do justice because it really looks professionally well made. Slick black color and not very bright LED lights (which is again a plus).

I really recommend this product to anyone. Thank you for reading this.
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2009
I have a Popcorn Hour A110 and it has one USB port in the back. The PCH supports an internal HD and whatever you connect to the USB port. So in order to expand the number of HDs I can connect to the PCH I needed a hub! This one is inexpensive, self-powered, and works like a champ. I have daisy-chained two of these together. True I lose one port since it's used to connect the second hub but now I can connect 7 drives to my PCH. I currently have 4 x 1TB drives hooked up to my PCH and expect to get more in the near future. If I fill up all the ports you can be sure I'll buy another hub to daisy-chain to the current hubs. Great product and I will buy again.

UPDATE 2/28/2013 - These hubs have worked flawlessly for me since I purchased them. I have 3 daisy-chained on my Popcorn Hour A400 and have two daisy-chained to one USB port on my PC. My new PC has 2 USB 2.0 ports and all of my current external drives are 2.0 so I want to keep the 3.0 ports free for when I buy 3.0 external drives. They have worked great without any issues all this time.
22 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2010
Cheap. Small. Simple. Works.

The ports are quite snug for the male usb's, so don't try to push the usb in too hard.

Keep in mind, that the power does get split in half/thirds/etc when you insert 2, 3, or more; however I use a bluetooth/wireless keyboard and mouse and put the usb receiver on the Hub with additional things like a usb-powered laptop fan, and an ipod charger, and the receiver has never dropped wireless connection (which to me is the most important). I haven't tested using big, power-hungry usb electronics on the hub, and rightly, I don't plan to. I don't think that'll turn out well.

The hub has one red light to show that it's powered and 4 other blue lights that light up for each port that's in use (I didn't know about this when I got it and was delighted to be able to go "Ooo pretty lights!"). It even has a handy on/off switch for each port so you don't even have to unplug electronics from the hub if you don't want that particular item to hog up the computer's usb power.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
I bought this exact product number from another dealer on Amazon; it was delivered mid-January 2012. Two days ago the output my printer was on failed, and yesterday the one my iPod shuffle was on failed. The little lights still work, but the databus doesn't. Less than 3 months' service. 'Nuff said.
on July 14, 2010
I plugged this in when I upgraded to a usb 2 card on my old computer. Everything seemed to be working just fine until I got back from lunch today and smelled a strange electrical wire smell in my office. I checked the new external hard drive that I bought at the same time as I bought this hub and it was just fine. I continued to look and smell around, and found that the bottom of this hub had melted, right in the middle. I unplugged it and through it away. $8.00 bucks down the drain, you get what you pay for. The 6" cord was way too short anyway.
on January 3, 2012
Given the price and the "Made in China" stamp on the back I guess I shouldn't have expected much, but this hub is useless. It will work for a few seconds, but turns off and stops working given the slightest movement. The connections must be soldered poorly inside the device. Since I purchased this hub to use on the go with my netbook, it is basically unusable. Even for a desktop computer I could not recommend this given the terrible quality.

Thankfully Amazon's return service was excellent, as usual, and I received a full refund without even having to return the device. It's going straight into the trash.

Stay Away!
on September 11, 2010
Can you ever have enough USB ports? Of course not. So, looking for something cost effective and worthwhile, I decided to give this a try. It works great! And for less than $10, you can't complain a bit. I don't know why they give you the option to turn off each individual port when you can just unplug it, but no big deal for me. Also, I could not notice a significant drop in data transfer when I plug in my external HDDs to it. Construction does seem a tad cheap, so I'd imagine if you were unplugging and plugging in different cables all day, ever day, it'd probably work some wires loose internally eventually. It serves me great for my use, as most of my USB stuff is a 1 time plug in and I'll never touch them again. But seriously, this thing is dirt cheap, you can't ask for much more!
on January 14, 2011
2 of the 3 Connectland hubs that I bought for my company shorted within the first use... straight out of the box! I would not recommend these to anyone.
on March 24, 2011
I like the size and shape of this hub, but one of the four connections on mine didn't work right out of the gate. I didn't notice this until I had already thrown away the packaging, so I couldn't return it.