5.0 out of 5 stars Bentley, Ferrari and Rolls can't be wrong
This IS the good stuff. Yes, the emollients tend to separate out over time,

but a quick mix does the job.

I've found a few secs in the microwave to heat it up makes things

much easier, AND applicable to your leather.

There's a reason those high-dollar autos use and recommend this stuff.

Apply it when the leather is...
Published on May 20, 2007 by elvisaintdead

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the real stuff...
Back when, Connolly hide food was "the" leather conditioner. It was recommended by Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Bentley etc. It used to be made of cattle by-products, so really did contain the stuff that makes leather soft, and avoids drying out - albeit at an animally-type smell! I've brought back many a rough looking leather car interior with this hide food.

But no...
Published on February 2, 2009 by Steve W

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the real stuff..., February 2, 2009
Steve W (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care

But no more. The latest jar I purchased had all those ingredients gone. Now it's just the boring lanolin-based hide food - which is really not that wonderful.

I'd certainly say this was not worth it's premium price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bentley, Ferrari and Rolls can't be wrong, May 20, 2007
This IS the good stuff. Yes, the emollients tend to separate out over time,

but a quick mix does the job.

I've found a few secs in the microwave to heat it up makes things

much easier, AND applicable to your leather.

There's a reason those high-dollar autos use and recommend this stuff.

Apply it when the leather is warm (a summer day when the widows have been closed)

By hand works best - you can see yourself where it's most needed and focus on those spots - so that the pores in the hides can suck up all the goodness, and let it sit

for a few hrs and then wipe the excess off.

My BMW convertible is 10 yrs old and the leather still looks darn near brand new.

If only the rest of the car did............

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff, April 20, 2010
danimal (Seattle, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
I have a can of both the original "Hide Food" and a newer can of "Leather Care." It's the same stuff, smells like car wax. I haven't found anything better than this for keeping leather well conditioned. I put it on once a year, maybe more on the driver's seat where there's a lot of wear. This isn't an Amor All-type product--it doesn't make the leather shiny and slick, but it does keep it supple and protected better than anything else I've ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good work out for you arms, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
I've used this leather treatment twice a year since 2004. The dark blue leather of our car is still in great shape, almost like new. This product is not easy to apply. Give yourself plenty of time for working the paste into your leather car seats. It involves a lot of rubbing, so you're bound to get a real workout for your arms. All that work and sweat does pay off in preserving your car seats. I also don't drive the car for at least one day after application, to let the product really get into the leather, then I use a clean towel to buff the seats and remove any residue.

I have also used this product (very sparingly) on my Brooks leather bicycle saddle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Leather Conditioner, July 23, 2011
MRC (Orlando, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
I just put this conditioner on my new 2011 BMW M3 interior (fox red leather). All I can say is it is the best from my perspective.

You have to apply it by hand (rubbing it in to all surfaces) as opposed to spay application. I have found that a hot car (summer day) is best to liquify the emulsion and allow it to soak in to the leather.

What results is a soft, silky smooth finish. It seems to be water resistant as well which should help to keep the leather clean over time.

I have not found a better conditioner when looking on the shelves of retail stores...

I don't normally create reviews like this, but I was impressed enough with the product to motivate me to help others to select a product that will work...

5.0 out of 5 stars AbFab!, November 2, 2012
Design Doctor "D.D." (Newport Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
Finally, an effective and lasting product which is equal in quality to the Rolls-Royce seats it enhances. Will stay with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connollys Hide Care, January 27, 2011
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
The Very Best care for your leather products. Will not change color, preserves leather, eliminates cracking and age related problems with leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for your car, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
The best for your car. I have used this product for over 20 years, sometimes I try other products, but they do not compare, it does not make a difference if you have an exotic or an everyday driver, the best for protecting, preserving and cleaning your leather. I use this on all leather products, even shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product-poor shipping, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
I have used this product and its predecssors (Hide Food) for many years. I use it on our cars with leather upholstery and seven leather sofas and chairs we have. The product itself is amazing, not only making leather more supple and enhancing its appearance but also covering scratches and other blemishes. It is very expensive but far superior to anything else on the market, including leather care products sold in saddlery shops.
The problem is in the shipping. The first order was left by the delivery man in a sunny spot and was total glop when I opened it. It had leaked through the lid of the jars and oozed over the entire box.
Undeterred, I ordered another package of two jars and one jar (plastic) was fine and the other was thoroughly cracked and extruding the hide care product.
At the price of this product, ($35.000) per container, the vendor should do a better job of packing so we actually receive all of the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't like it!, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Connolly Hide Care
I had used this in the 1980's when I had my Audi. Somehow when I bought this last month, after applying doesn't seem to help. I return the merchandise. It seems like they have changed the ingredients in it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›