"Jeff Lindsay, Cheryl Perkins, and Muknd Karanjikar have written a book that aspires to give innovators, and all others who have a stake in seeing good new ideas become reality, a road map to developing the practical intelligence needed to succeed or to facilitate the success of others. Those who are inventing the next wave of clever solutions will find this useful." (PsycCRITIQUES
, January 20, 2010)
From the Inside Flap
Conquering Innovation Fatigue: Overcoming the Barriers to Personal and Corporate Success
Conquering Innovation Fatigue is for anyone seeking success through innovation. Business leaders, inventors, researchers, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders will benefit from its insights and practical solutions. It reveals the sometimes hidden barriers—nine major "innovation fatigue factors"—that can block the path to innovation success, and shows how to cope with or conquer them.
Conquering Innovation Fatigue takes a unique personal look at the challenges innovators face in their journey, invoking the metaphor of immigrants in a strange land facing barriers at multiple levels. By drawing upon original case studies and advances in innovation theory and practice—some presented here for the first time—the authors show how innovation can be energized to conquer fatigue and help innovators reach success.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize and overcome the nine major innovation fatigue factors across three key categories
- Make the right connections to bring innovation to the marketplace
- Avoid unintended innovation-killers
- Enhance the productivity of your personnel involved with innovation
- Exploit low-cost intellectual assets (not just patents) to better deal with disruptive innovation
- Turn the "innovation funnel" upside down to create more efficient, targeted innovation
- Tap multidisciplinary skills for innovation success
This important book explains that understanding and overcoming these barriers is vital not only to you, as an inventor, entrepreneur, or researcher, but also to business leaders, licensing professionals, IP professionals, corporations, and even leaders of nations!
Conquering Innovation Fatigue points the way to cost-effective, practical solutions to strengthen innovation and achieve personal or corporate success. There's no reason to let fatigue get in your way.