Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 7, 2006
So, we now have book reviewers who have read "excerpts". Nice way to establish instant credibility.:)

Unlike some who feel the need to share their uninformed opinions on books they haven't even read, I have read a copy of the bound galley of Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies. It is a thoroughly researched, well-written take down of all the major canards of the left.

Amazon visitors are free to believe "reviewers" who admit to not having read it, or you can believe me, who has read it, or you could take it from one of America's great conservative intellectuals, Mr. Thomas Sowell, who had this to say about the book in a Human Events column yesterday,

"Each year about this time, some parents write in to ask for suggestions of things for their children to read during the summer, in order to counteract the steady diet of liberal-left indoctrination they have been getting in schools and colleges.

This year there is a new book that is almost tailor-made for that purpose. Its title is "Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies" by Gregory Jackson. In it, all sorts of political and media spin are shot to pieces by hard facts."

It's up to you Amazon reader, the choice is yours.
2424 comments| 578 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
So good, I bought the actual book to carry in my backpack. I'd love to see a condensed pocket sized version! The question/response format is easy to navigate. The iPad version is even easier. How about it Gregg, a pocket sized version?
on January 27, 2016
I've heard some of the Republican presidential candidates quote DIRECTLY from this book.... I start smiling as think,..... "They read the Conservative Comebacks" book. This book gives a very nice perspective and should be read by everyone. I'm fairly conservative, but I didn't agree with everything in the book. I discovered that I'm not a total "right wing conservative" after reading this book.... It helped me discover what I believe.... and what I don't.
on September 24, 2014
Great basis for arguments. Lays out a far-right traditional Conservative platform. I'm underlining important points and making annotations using a pen and highlighter for reference, but also crossing out some stuff to make it more Republican and less radical in a few parts . Nonetheless an awesome basis for developing positions and making logical comebacks to many of the claims made by the left. I thought the Abortion chapter points and responses were VERY well written. Anyone who is pro-Life can destroy a pro-choice argument using this book.
on January 26, 2007
Pity Gregg Jackson. Poor guy, all he has going for him is a great life, a loving wife, and a nineteen month old son that he adores. He's also personable, intelligent, well-informed, articulate, and successful. And, true, he does have a best selling book, Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies, co-hosts Boston's Pundit Review Radio, is a contributing editor at [...] is frequently published in such journals as Current Events and Human Events. And he often gets to chat with people like Tony Blankley, who interviewed him recently.

So, why pity him? The poor guy lives in the cradle of American democracy, but his Congressional Representative is Barney Frank and his United States Senators are named Kerry and Kennedy!

Okay, forget the pity party for that unfortunate situation. But at least pity him for being a cockeyed optimist. He actually believes that, despite the dire state of affairs in the United States, someone the likes of Ronald Reagan will step forward in 2008 to rescue the nation from the Kerrys, the Kennedys, the Hillarys, the Obamas and other such ilk and lead us to another shining city on the hill and to a Reagan-esque Revolution that will re-direct our currently disintegrating cultural and political path and, like Reagan, resurrect American's belief in itself and in our future.

I recently had the distinct pleasure of having an hour long conversation with Gregg and I came to a pretty fair estimation of who and what he is. I had read and reviewed Conservative Comebacks for Citizen Journal and we discussed his book as well as a number of other topics and he revealed what makes Gregg Jackson tick. It is complex but I think I have the man pegged. He's essentially a romantic involved in a long-term love affair with God, Family and Country. (How outrageous a notion is that! How antiquated!)

A self-described born-again Christian, a Hebrew born-again Christian to boot, Gregg is a gregarious and loquacious sort who feels passionately about many things, especially the state of affairs in which our nation finds itself today and one of his first comments had to do with religion and how it relates to his own and our national well-being. He believes we've lost our moral compass and the result could very well be catastrophic.

Religion and the Bible suffuse Conservative Comebacks, from the "Acknowledgments," replete with Biblical quotations from Proverbs, to his conviction throughout this conservative primer that the disintegration of our Judaeo-Christian values is the core problem our nation faces today. Gregg elaborated on that during our talk and also unabashedly admitted he is indeed a religious man as well as a devoted husband and father.

I fully concur with his political beliefs but questioned whether there was anyone out there who could carry the Reagan mantle, and he proffered former Speaker Newt Gingrich, Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, and Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas. All of these, I reminded him, carry either a heavy load of baggage (Newt) or the far more daunting challenge of national obscurity (all the others). Ever sanguine, Gregg wasn't phased by my effort at playing Devil's Advocate and held firm that any and all of the above could win the nomination and the general election. I mentioned Mitt Romney, Governor of Massachusetts, as a possible candidate. As a resident of that Commonwealth, Jackson is well-attuned to its political machinations and shenanigans and was almost visceral in his rejection of that possibility, citing Romney's tax policies and his Hillary-light, socialistic medicine initiatives.

I asked his reaction to the passing of Gerald Ford, and his view was that of most conservatives "that Ford was a good and decent man but of the 'checkered pants' Eastern liberal Rockefeller-Republican School of thought, that is to say, a non-Reagan.

Jackson is also no great fan of George W. Bush. Then again, who is, whether we're liberals or conservatives? He vehemently disagrees with Bush's immigration and spending policies but still feels that we have a roaring economy which should sustain us, despite the billions being spent in Iraq.. He also feels that a Rudy Giuliani or a John McCain would neither succeed nor carry on what Reagan began.

Likewise, as most thinking people, he believes we will be attacked again and points to Jihad-ism as the most serious threat we face. Jackson believes the war in Iraq, despite all the snafus and the costs in materiel, national treasure, and, worst of all, the cost in lives of America's Finest and Bravest, was and is a war of necessity.

Jackson firmly believes that a Neo Reagan-Republican Revolution is needed in these United States but that the likes of Romney, Giuliani, or McCain, or long-time Democrat Mayor Bloomberg of New York City, are not the people who can bring that about. A landslide victory in 2008 is needed and quasi-Republicans of their stripe have never and will never generate a landslide comparable to 1980 and 1984.

On Dem hopefuls, we agreed that a Hillary-Obama ticket is a very real threat in many ways -- and we discussed Senator Clinton's subterfuges to hide her true, radical views, her lies and deceptions which have in large part succeeded in bamboozling the electorate of New York State during her six years as a carpetbagette.

At the end of our conversation, I asked Jackson if he had ever considered running for office. Not surprisingly, he has and he would. (I didn't ask what Mrs. Jackson thought of the idea.) Gregg would have to take on Barney Frank for his district's House seat but the bugaboo of financing such a campaign is an ever-present reality; he feels it would take a war chest of some five million dollars to run an effective and winning race. He'd also consider a run against Senator John Heinz Kerry but estimates that would require at least fifteen million.

Personally, I think Gregg would be a far better choice than either of them.

Subsequent to our chat, Gregg e-mailed an addendum to our interview. He wrote:

"Gene, Thanks again for a fantastic interview and opportunity to discuss the issues. One last point that you can quote me on: You asked what my outlook for the future was. I predict a re-emergence of love of God and country never experienced before in our nation. We will answer the call of our generation in defense of Western Civilization and American sovereignty. With regards to the Jihadist totalitarian threat and the domestic insurgency (i.e. Liberal Democrats), to quote Ronald Reagan, 'We win. They lose.'"

From Gregg's e-mail to God's ears. But, trust me, Gregg, it wasn't necessary because your faith in our nation and confidence in our future had already come through, loud and clear. True Americans pray and hope you're right.
66 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2007
The good news - Most of the arguments in this book will demonstrate the problems and inconsistencies in liberal positions

The bad news - They ain't listening
33 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2008
I recently purchased this book because I am a conservative and I enjoy conservative dialogue and debate. However, I would like to comment on the few pages that address abortion. I consider myself a pretty gritty guy and I am really not too prone to be emotionally caught up in most issues but I was devastated by what I read concerning the manner in which abortions are conducted at various levels of pregnancy. Candidly people, it left me cold. I hate to profess my ignorance on the subject but I never really knew anything about some of the horrific procedures described therein. Good God; no wonder there is such an acrimonious debate over the right to life. If you have a daughter or a women in your life that might ever consider such a thing, please have them read this book for that section alone. Every man; every real man, irrespective of politics should also read it thoroughly.
Ralph Jinks (my real name)
66 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2006
I don't even know where to start with this book. It categorically shakes down the liberal philosophy of dishonesty with countless footnotes based on facts that were diligently provided by the author. This book is a must-have for any conservative, especially younger conservatives that may feel outnumbered on their college campus due to the socialist learning environment provided by hippie professors pandering to their birkenstock wearing wanna-be hippie liberal students. The chapters are broken down by issue alphabetically making this an excellent reference book to help dispute claims made by your self-proclaimed brilliant professors. I also suggest that all know-it-all liberals read this book...you would be surprised how wrong you are !! THANK YOU Mr. Jackson, for your dedication to conservatism and for providing us with a book with very high educational value that also happens to be a great read.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2006
This book should be read by every democrat who thinks that they are correct in their beliefs as to what is really going on in this country. Mr. Jackson has covered all the bases in this extremely informative book. It should be mandatory that this book be read in every poli-sci class in America. Kudos Mr. Jackson for finally bringing truth to the forefront of America.
1212 comments| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 26, 2012
This 2006 book (which was a featured selection of the Conservative Book Club for over 1 year) by the co-host of Pundit Review, and author of We Won't Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again, has 26 chapters, arranged in order of the alphabet (e.g., "Bill is for Bill Clinton," "Z is for Zealot Terrorists," etc.), and contains a wealth of responses to common claims of liberals.

The liberal "Claims" are expressed in a brief 1- or 2-sentence statement, followed by an equally brief conservative "Response" (e.g., "Income redistribution is called communism," pg. 302) with a more extensive discussion and (usually) documentation supporting the response. The responses range from a single sentence (e.g., pg. 308) to well-documented expositions (e.g., about privatizing Social Security, on pg. 274-279).

Some of his responses are debatable (e.g., "Larger quantities of CO2 in the atmosphere and warmer climates would not necessarily be bad"; pg. 177), and some are even contrary to traditional conservative positions (e.g., "...the government would provide insurance to the small percentage of individuals who for some reason lose everything" on pg. 284; and "Our national debt... stabilizes our economy" on pg. 303), but overall this is an excellent and relatively concise summation of conservative critiques of liberal arguments (circa 2006; he perhaps should consider a 2012 update, replacing the too-lengthy Clinton section with one on President Obama).