Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Lego Batman - Nintendo Wii forum

Console Difference?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2008 8:59:24 AM PDT
I'm with the other guy. Does anyone know if there are less levels or something. Would prefer to pay $30 for ps2 version, but not if i'm missing a lot of stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2008 2:42:39 PM PDT
Stetchnik says:
This is the same question I have. We own both consoles so I'm tempted to get the PS2 version. My son has played Star Wars on a friend's Wii and didn't care for the controls on that one anyway...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2008 11:24:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2008 11:26:09 AM PDT
KCP says:
The higher cost associated with the Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii is due to the fact that the cost of the game reimburses the manufacturer of the latest generation of the consoles on the initial financial loss during the sale of the game console.

Basically, the Xbox 360 and the PS3, are sold well below the manufacturing cost. I read somewhere the PS3 cost Sony about $700-$800 to manufacture. Sony has been able to decrease the manufacturing cost over time. The console manufacturers get their money back on the games and the accessories . . . just look at the WiFi USB network adapter for the Xbox 360. Microsoft charges something like $99 for the WiFi attachment . . . ridiculous.

I've downloaded the Lego Indiana Jones demo for the PS3, PC, and rented the Wii version. The PS3 version has more "eye candy" and the image is sharper and crisp. I have low end PCs but the game demo played just the same. The Wii version played fine. I will probably buy the PS2 version as my 6 year old won't know the difference and he can play either on the PS2 or the PS3 console at home.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2008 12:15:12 PM PDT
Stetchnik says:
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear the versions aren't too drastically different. I hope the PS2 one isn't missing much from the PS3 version. I just can't think of buying another console at this point. We are happy with our Wii...but don't see the sense in buying a game for it that we can get MUCH cheaper for our PS2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 7:14:36 AM PST
D. B. Sodee says:
can anyone tell me to activate the co op play on the wii version? My sons want to play together and I have tried everything and can not get it to work. I have the 360 version at my home and that is easy to play in co op. I can not get the 2nd controller to activate on the wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 8:16:03 PM PST
KCP says:
I had the same problem with the Wii version of the Lego Indiana Jones game that I rented from Block Buster. No matter what I did, I couldn't join the game as a second player . . . I got fairly frustrated with the game.

I would suggest going to the Wii support forums for the Lego Indiana Jones game . . . I'm sure there's one and you're not the first or last person to have the similar issue.

I ended up buying a PS2 version of the game for my son and the second player was a breeze to join in the game. I think the wiimote and nunchuck combination was a bit awkward to control plus the PS2 version is a bit cheaper. Sorry I couldn't help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lego Batman - Nintendo Wii
Lego Batman - Nintendo Wii by Warner Bros (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars (333)