Constantly flashing LINK LED? Can anyone confirm that the Link LED is supposed to be constantly flashing? Does your bottom light constantly flash on your SB6121, regardless of whether data is being transferred? There is very little information on this in the "manual" that came with the modem. It only says "LINK LED will FLASH during data transfer." To me, that means when, and only when, data is being transferred, the light will flash. That's how it was with my Motorola SB5120 that I upgraded from. The SB5120 activity light would ONLY flash when data, i.e. internet activity, was being transferred. It would remain solid when there was no internet activity and when the computer was off. With the SB6121, however, the Link LED is always flashing, even when the computer is off. Can anyone confirm if this is normal operation? As long as it's normal, I'm okay with it, although I think it's dumb. I much prefer my 5120 telling me exactly when there was internet activity. That way, you could know if certain programs, virus, anything, were on the internet and investigate why. Now there's no way to know whether there is internet activity, other than checking TCPView, which I have. Would much prefer the light only flash with internet activity.
asked by Amazon Customer on January 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
The blinking bottom light is normal -- and is a dumb feature! I also upgraded from a Motorola 5120 that blinked only during data transfer. That was handy at night to tell if my daughter was online instead of sleeping. Oh, well.
Wray Mould answered on January 5, 2012

A
votes
What does it mean if it is flashing red ?
Larry Lloyd answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
Yea mine does that too...hate it!
hoss3000 answered on March 3, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›