Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 3, 2012
This book is perfect for students, educators, or anyone who needs a quick reference to review drawing and detailing all parts of the interior of a space. I'm an educator and have found this unquestionably my go-to guide when I need to give examples to my students of how to draw or detail a particular feature, how to draft it correctly, and heck, for me when I haven't done a particular drawing/detail in a while. It is not a deep/in-depth book, but a great reference covering all of the basics of drafting styles in interior design. It's super quick and easy to use and written in an intuitive manner. Instead of search through all of the books on my selves to assemble a compilation of what this covers I can just look at this book. It is a great reference for quick use. One of my favorites that I use all the time.
on January 18, 2011
Covers the right information at the right level of detail. It takes you through so many of the basics, from tools and methods to regulations and even covers some of the debates within the design community. I would wager to say that whether you're a pro or a wanna be pro that this book will have something useful in it for you.
on January 3, 2010
BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ IN THE SUBJECT CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS. I HAVE BEEN IN THE INTERIOR DESIGN FIELD FOR TWO YEARS, AND THERE ARE TIMES THAT A REFERENCE BOOK IS NEEDED. THIS BOOK IS FOR BOTH THE STUDENT AND PROFESSIONAL. A MUST HAVE BOOK FOR YOUR LIBRARY. I MUST SAY THAT EVEN TWO COPIES WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA. THIS BOOK WILL NOT SIT ON YOUR SHELVE FOR IT IS FULL OF HELPFUL INSIGHT.
on September 21, 2014
I would still consider myself a novice on a lot of levels, so I purchased this book based one all of the great reviews. In terms of my experience, I've interned for almost 8 months and have worked in the architectural office full-time for almost two years.

I would say that I was familiar with at least 90% of the content in the book, and that this book would serve those best who have no office experience or any real experience with construction documents. If you are new to the professional practice of architecture and production (assembling construction documents that will be viewed by contractors and clients), purchase this book--you will find that it clearly describes the many kinds of drawings you will be working with (plans, reflected ceiling plans, equipment plans, different kinds of consultant drawings, et cetera). I really wish someone would have given me this book when I first started actually working in an office--I would have been far more helpful to the company much sooner.

If you have more than 8-12 months worth of actual office experience, I would say that this book will not be as useful to you. You will have (hopefully) become familiar with drawings enough that this book will not offer any novel information. I still give this book five stars because I can see this book being a godsend to those who are new to the industry, because of its clarity, brevity and relevance (even though at times it does sound a bit dated). It's a great resource I plan on sharing with all interns in our office.
on June 1, 2014
Good beginners reference book for those new to manual drafting (who manual drafts anymore?) or reading construction docs. It's a good starter/supplement to in-class instruction. One thing I noticed is the line weights & methods of depicted certain things in the example drawings are not always consistent, but as explained by my instructor that's bc there are some things that are not hard "rules" in drafting. I use it for the info given in the text. I've read quite a few construction docs but never put together my own set so this was helpful. It probably won't be in my library past college, but for now it is a go-to book
on September 22, 2010
I have received the product since Sept 18, 2010 however the topics covered are great. It gives basic guidelines for Construction Managers and Engineers. Great book to use for beginners in the Construction Industry
on December 6, 2014
Very good book for the architectural student. A must read for the first time homebuilder. You really will have a more complete understanding of all the lines that appear on a set of construction drawings.
on March 19, 2014
Excellent examples of how to draw and write correctly for the profession. Beautiful examples and instructions on how to do this work. This is a textbook and expensive, but worth having as a reference.
on June 8, 2009
This book is a very good resource to be kept in any interior design library as it adds up to all the technicality of the job and help remind us with all the little details.
on January 27, 2013
I am an interior design student. This book is very detailed and easy to understand! I recommend it for anyone wanting to make floor plans.