From the Publisher
Successful consultant Marsha Lewin offers consultants survival strategies for how to stay in business and thrive in this increasingly competitive environment. The book shows consultants how to stay in control, how to create a demand for their services, and how to do successful work overall.
From the Inside Flap
When businesses, government agencies, and other organizations are faced with problems they cant solve on their own, they turn to you, the management consultant, for expertise, perspective, and rational solutions. But what happens when your business is threatened by forces you cant control? Who helps you put your problems in perspective, analyze your situation, and find a remedy? Is there a consultants consultant? There is now! In her thirty years as a management consultant, Marsha D. Lewin has seen it allthe booms, the busts, the endless uncertainties. She knows that some consultants ride out the tough times with relative ease, while others, equally talented, are quickly overwhelmed. In The Consultants Survival Guide she reveals 14 strategies that will keep your consulting practice going through good times and bad, and she offers specific tactics you can use to make sure your strategies succeed. Youll learn how to:
- Cut expenses in hard times without undercutting the quality of your services
- Keep your fees up and your clients smiling
- Avoid giving away the store when writing a proposal
- Ensure that your work produces a tangible result for clients
- Use downtime to build up your business
- Expand the geographical perimeters of your client base
- Market your services without spending a dime
- Develop and maintain a reputation as a competent, conscientious, reliable consultant
Many of the strategies and tactics youll discover in this book will help boost your profits in any business climate. Others are rules to live by that should influence every action of your professional life. All are practical steps that you can implement easily to make your practice stronger, more profitable, and more fit for survivalstarting today!