From the Back Cover
—Professor David Jobber, Bradford University School of Management
"A particularly well conceived text that superbly demystifies consumer behaviour. The underpinning theory is easy to grasp and its application is so clearly shown. The book's student-centric focus is excellent."
—Professor Leslie de Chernatony, Birmingham University Business School
Consumer Behaviour is an exciting new European text written in student-friendly language and designed specifically around how students learn. Using their considerable experience, Martin Evans, Ahmad Jamal and Gordon Foxall present a concise exploration of the key aspects of the Consumer Behaviour in a lively but rigorous manner. They also include topical issues, such as Consumer Misbehaviour, and the growing trend within marketing to attempt to understand consumers through an ever-expanding range of personalized transactional and profile data.
Learning features of the text
- Full length journal articles with reflective exercises to help students engage with the academic literature on the subject and introduce different perspectives.
- Reflective questions and practical assignments at the end of each chapter.
- Full colour text illustrated with many classic and contemporary examples of advertisements, reflecting different theories and approaches.
- A wide range of illustrative examples, many pulled out in special feature boxes.
- Think boxes designed to encourage students to think about what is provided in more of an analytical and critical way and to put the issue within their personal context.
- Web links to useful external websites plus extra journal articles that students can access from the companion website.
Web support for lecturers and students
Consumer Behaviour is accompanied by a comprehensive web site at www.wiley.com/go/evans. Students will find additional journal articles, multiple choice quizzes, all the web links and an online version of the glossary. For lecturers there are suggested solutions and notes on the questions and assignments set in the text and a comprehensive selection of PowerPoint slides for each chapter, that include many of the figures, tables and advertising images used in the book.