Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Consumer Reports list this as a BEST Buy and the 2nd highest rating of all Blue Rays. Why all the bad reviews here. They do a lot of testing.
asked by John L. Holt on August 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Probably because Consumer Reports tests products when they are new. Mine worked fine for a few mo. and then suddenly lost its ability to connect to the internet wirelessly. After several phone calls to customed support and ying to fix the problem remotely, I finally had to box it up and send it in fo repairs. Working fine now but who knows for how long.
Don H. Vater answered on October 16, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Because the Consumer reports probably tested everything but durability! Samsung knows how to load its products with great new specs and slickness, and so they're good at making a good "first impression"! These attributes tend to get those products on many top 5 lists upon their release, without long-term performance being factored in! A lot of the reviews here are from people who got burned after a few months of use! Maybe if you want to buy a Samsung product, you stay away from the newly released models.
Triko answered on October 6, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think Consumer Reports review quality is getting worse. Too many products, they don't test like they used to, and their politics seem to affect a lot of their listings. I still subscribe and use their research, but find I need to use it as only one source. Watch their ratings vs. user ratings on various sites, and you will find lots of divergence.
C. Kotan answered on February 13, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Cautious Consumer answered on October 9, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product