From the Back Cover
"Packed with planting and design ideas that will transform even the humblest of pots into a flower festival." Doug Jimerson, Editor-in-Chief, Garden Escape, www.garden.com "Who better to turn to for everything you need to know about container culture than a guy who has been there, done that for a careerful of years?" Joseph F. Williamson, Former Garden Editor and Managing Editor of Sunset Magazine
16 Pages of Colorful Photos!
Where Does Your Garden Grow? Find out how you can cultivate a charming garden in a redwood window box, a hanging basket, or a pair of old cowboy boots with Container Gardening For Dummies® Grow colorful plants, flowers, trees, and vegetables that will turn any gardener's thumb green with envy. Whether you're an inexperienced city dweller or his savvy country cousin, you'll love the down-to-earth tips and easy-to-follow directions for creating gorgeous container gardens in any climate. Sprout a Very Green Thumb
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- Unearth winning approaches for growing almost anything in a container
- Discover how experts make greens flourish on roofs, balconies, and windowsills
- Create your own one-of-a-kind garden by using classic and offbeat containers
- Uncover the best fertilizing and watering techniques for your climate
- Grow exotic and low-maintenance cactus and succulents
- Prevent insects, pests, and diseases from invading your containers
- Find out which ten tools are ideal for working in container gardens
About the Author
is the author of the first edition of Container Gardening For Dummies
Suzanne DeJohn is an editor with the National Gardening Association, the leading garden-based educational nonprofit organization in the United States. NGA's programs and initiatives highlight the opportunities for plant-based education in schools, communities, and backyards across the country.