Stop wasting your words — put your content to work for you. A cast of veteran marketing specialists shows you how to use content marketing and SEO together to create online content for your business that nurtures customer relationships and generates sales.
Through this book, you’ll develop a holistic content marketing strategy that includes your own website and blog as well as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media channels, using photos, videos, events, and of course, your most powerful words.
SEO founding father Bruce Clay and PR veteran Murray Newlands present hands-on techniques, along with case studies and recommendations from niche experts of online marketing including: Chelsea Adams, Jordan Armstrong, Michael Brito, Lisa Buyer, Jonathon Colman, Andy Crestodina, Alyce Currier, Ric Dragon, Kristi Kellogg, Sue Keogh, Virginia Nussey, Lee Odden, Trent Partridge and Adam Sutton.
Learn how to:
- Start planning, creating and executing content with intention
- Perform content audits and persona research
- Use SEO to improve visibility in search engine results pages
- Make a company blog pay for itself
- Leverage influencers and partnerships
- Make an impact with images, video and other rich media
- Effectively use Facebook, Twitter and other social media to speak with customers, rather than at them
We live in an age of great opportunity when anyone with access to a computer has the power to be a publisher. And yet it's harder than ever to plan, create and distribute meaningful content that effectively generates business. This is because the vast number of voices online means more competition and a heightened need to strategize, adjust and adapt. This book equips you with the knowledge you need to develop an online content marketing strategy for your business.