5.0 out of 5 stars Highest-Quality ESL Resource I Have Seen, August 5, 2013
This review is from: 120 Content Strategies for English Language Learners: Teaching for Academic Success in Secondary School (2nd Edition) (Teaching Strategies Series) (Paperback)
Two years into a new ESL program, I was searching for better resources to support our high school content-area teachers in their work with ELLs. After reading Reiss' book, I felt as if she must have been a fly on the walls of our school, observing every challenge our teachers and students faced, after which she selected the absolute best of ESL-related theory and practice, then presented the material with brevity and clarity, and finally organized it intuitively to serve as a rich resource for years to come.

As far as the title "Content Strategies", several chapters focus on the application of discrete strategies, while others guide teachers in thinking through big questions of theory and culture. As an ESL specialist, I am certain this book is the most valuable in my arsenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, September 28, 2013
This is definitely a helpful teaching resource, unlike other books I have bought. There are so many ideas in here and I can definitely use it throughout my teaching career.

4.0 out of 5 stars 120 Content Strategies for ELLs, August 13, 2013
This book has some great ideas in it. I can see myself using it in the future in my class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, June 1, 2013
Contains info on the common core so should be useful for years to come.
Lots of strategies that are no-brainers but some very insightful ones too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tool, December 11, 2012
This book is packed with very useful and easy to apply strategies for teaching. I think every teacher (especially new ones) should own this!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource, April 20, 2012
Terrific, practical strategies that can be easily incorporated into the classroom. In depth explanations of how to incorporate them and very good background information for those that may not have as much experience.

Rate and Discover Movies