"...will open your eyes to the truth about how organizations should treat the people who take care of the business." -- S. Truett Cathy, Founder & CEO, Chick-fil-A, Inc.
"It's nice to read something by guys who have been there and not just conducted experiements on college sophomores." -- Vitalwork
"Once you get past the bizarre photo of a cow on the book jacket - this is actually a good book." -- National Association of Female Executives
From the Inside Flap
It's no coincidence that the same companies show up every year at the top of esteemed publications' rankings for "Most Admired," "Most Innovative," "Fastest Growing," and "Highest Shareholder Return." One thing that many of the persistent winners share in common is a host of leadership habits that make these organizations great places to work, proving that managers can learn a lot from the dairy farmer's rule of thumb: "Contented cows give better milk."
In this revised and expanded edition of a book that absolutely, positively makes the case that treating people right is one of the best things any business can do for its bottom line, Contented Cows STILL Give Better Milk offers sound, practical advice for improving business outcomes through a focused, engaged, capably led workforce. It offers updated case studies and inspiring examples from real organizations that make employee engagement a vital part of their business strategy. Takeaways include:
- How (and why) to communicate, through word and deed, exactly what your company is all about
- How to hire and retain people with the capacity to be happy, productive, and successful at your organization
- Ways to keep those employees committed to the mission and prevent distractions that sap their energy and enthusiasm
- Why perks, benefits, and amenities don't tell the whole story of what makes a great workplace
- Why high expectations beget high performance, and much more
Direct from the horse's, er, cow's mouth, Contented Cows will give you the tools and wisdom you need to foster a fully engaged workforce that helps your company outgrow, outearn, and outperform the competition.
--This text refers to the