- Get free shipping on this item when you purchase 5 or more Qualifying items offered by Rippleton Tools. Enter code 9IFACB96 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Contigo Extreme Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Handle (Vacuum Insulated) 16 ounce Black
|Price:||$22.99 + $7.95 shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Patented pull-tab lid makes this mug 100-percent leak-proof
- Vacuun Insulated Stainless Steel makes this mug thermally insulated for both hot and cold beverages
- Patented carabiner clip on the handle allows you to take this mug wherever you go, attach it to a bag strap for hands-free portability
- Will hold up to 16-ounce of your favorite beverage and fits most standard car cupholders
- Sleek, modern grip texture make this bottle easy to carry and hold
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Contigo At a Glance
- 16-ounce stainless steel travel mug for both hot and cold beverages
- New and improved pull-tab lid makes this mug 100-percent leak-proof
- Vacuum-insulated stainless steel keeps beverages hot for 4 hours and cold for 12 hours
- Carabineer clip on the handle allows you to take this mug wherever you go; attach it to a bag strap for hands-free portability
- Sleek, modern grip texture make this mug easy to carry and hold
- Fits most standard car cupholders
Contigo's Extreme travel mug is the ultimate on-the-go coffee companion. This mug's design is perfect for a road warrior's Monday morning commute or an outdoor enthusiast's latest adventure. The stylishly rugged features aren't just for good looks, though - they combine into a product that really can go anywhere at any time. The Extreme travel mug features double-wall stainless steel vacuum insulation, ensuring that your hot coffee or other beverages stay that way.
The Extreme mug features a newly-designed pull-tab that delivers 100-percent leak-proof protection along with increased durability. The tab's simple design allows for easy opening and closing of the drink hole.
Vacuum-insulation for maximum temperature retention
Made from durable stainless steel, the mug has a double-wall vacuum-insulated body, ensuring that hot beverages stay hot and cool beverages stay cool. The mug's vacuum-insulation keeps beverages hot for up to 4 hours and cold for up to 12 hours. The double-wall construction not only retains temperature, but also prevents external condensation from forming so table tops remain free from moisture.
Convenient carabineer clip
The Extreme mug�s carabineer clip attaches easily to purses, bookbags and briefcases, making it a perfect on-the-go companion.
Great for the Environment
By using this Contigo product, you're both helping the environment and also saving money by taking your coffee, tea, water or juice with you in a reusable container instead of buying cups or water bottles as you go. Research shows that coffee drinkers can save nearly 23 pounds of paper cup waste by toting around their own reusable mug.
Caring for Your Contigo
For easy care, the Contigo lid is top-rack dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash the mug body to protect the finish. Always store the mug with its lid removed to prevent moisture from becoming trapped in the body or lid after washing. Do not keep liquids that spoil easily, such as dairy, in the mug for prolonged periods. For use with hot or cold beverages.
Knowing that on-the-go beverages can be messy and complicated to use, Contigo developed a line of simple, yet functionally innovative drinkware to help people face life's daily challenges. The products are stylish yet resilient; sleek yet strong - the perfect combination of performance and grace. Contigo products give you the confidence you need to face the day, and pride in knowing that you bought the best of the best. Contigo is passionate about the products they create and believes you will be pleasantly surprised by the array of helpful innovations it offers.
Top Customer Reviews
Once I graduated, I found that Contigo had made an updated version of that Starbucks mug called the Extreme. And when I found it at my local Target I saw that they had fixed that one lid flaw. This was indeed the HOLY GRAIL OF TRAVEL MUGS. I have carried that version 2 of the mug for the last 4 year and it has been outstanding. It has some cosmetic issues, an outer coating/finish that wears off after a while and the rubber cap on the bottom had to be glued back on after a couple years, but no leaks after a lot of wear and tear.
Recently I decided that it was probably time to get a new mug that isn't so beaten up since I take this thing everywhere. I was excited to see that there was a new version of the mug at Target and snapped it up. I thought, "how have these mug geniuses improved this already perfect design." First impression was that the newest version is more sleek than the previous one and they redesigned the lid so that it has more room for your nose. I didn't even know that was an issue until i tried this new cup. Then I filled it with coffee and realized that something had gone terribly wrong with this update of my beloved mug.
First: there is a flaw in the seal of the lid design.Read more ›
The bad: The seal at the top (where the black plastic meets the metal) is not watertight. Water has gotten into the walls of the mug. I know this because after I wash the mug, I will dry it, then invert it right-side up again, and light brown coffee-water will dribble back down into the mug. I have two of these (got them as a gift) so I think this is a design flaw and not just a lemon. This is concerning in terms of what's possibly growing in the mug walls.
The verdict: these are my backup mugs when my preferred mugs are dirty. Too bad, because the temperature-keeping properties of this mug are great.
While this isn't a terrible mug, it probably won't survive more than a few months of daily use. I have owned two of these mugs. The first one's pull-tab broke after about six months. I thought it was just a lemon so I bought another. My second mug lasted 8 months before it broke too. You can do better for the price. Amazon has a number of decent travel mugs in this price range, so I suggest spending a few more dollars to get something a bit more durable.
Anyway, as I see it, this mug has four major problems:
1) After a few months of daily use, the pull-tab breaks off right where it contacts the lid. I have had this happen to two of these mugs. Both broke in exactly the same spot. Once the pull tab is broken, the mug is practically useless. I was able to drill out the hole and insert a plastic wire tie through the hole to function as a makeshift pull-tab, but it looks ridiculous and I wouldn't want to take it to work.
2) This mug is supposed to be hand-wash only. It isn't designed for use in a dishwasher.
3) After a few months of daily use, the paint starts to peel off. While this is only an aesthetic problem, it does look pretty trashy. Again, I had this happen on both of my mugs.
4) The bottom piece of rubber is glued on, meaning that, unless you're very careful to never immerse this mug in water, it will eventually fall off.
These mugs keep liquid hot for quite a long time, IF you have the vacuum sealed version. I read a review by someone who complained that the outside got hot very quickly. I had that happen with one of the mugs and it was defective. The vacuum seal was broken. I got one like this and Contigo replaced it immediately. There is another version for this mug that is "insulated". Don't buy it. It's a cheaper version and will be sure to disappoint.
I have read about peoples dissatisfaction with the finish pealing off. It is almost impossible to put a permanent exterior color on stainless. It will come off under rough use. I have had the two I use for two years and have no problem with the finish. I have a third that I use for mowing the lawn and other activities where they get scratched. I'm not suggesting that you buy three of these, it's just what I do.
When I purchased the original Starbuck brand the lids had a more rugged tab that lasted for years! But they too eventually fail. Then you have go to Contigo and buy a purposely defective lid that breaks so that you keep buying lids.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For years I had a similar red Contigo cup, which started peeling after a trip through the dishwasher. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Walter Burdick
Worth the money! I had one many years ago and was glad to find one again! Be careful, though, there are others out there that look identical, not as good quality..... Read morePublished 6 days ago by AC
The product was great. The cup keeps things cold and hot all day longPublished 10 days ago by Beverly Johnson
I bought the stainless steel mug it ha traces of purple paint on it; and the bottom rubber gasket comes off. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Izzy's Momma
I loved this mug until it started leaking and then came apart 7 months after I got it! It is no longer eligible for return!!Published 25 days ago by Claire F.
This has been my favorite mug for years. I purchased this as a backup in case Contigo quits making them. I can't imagine having to try using anything else. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lori E.