Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Contour 3555 Surfboard Mount
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Price:$7.99+ Free shipping

on June 7, 2013
Don't buy this mount to use while surfing! I just came from the beach and lost my Contour cam on a big wave. Luckily, I knew the currents of the beach and spotted the cam about 200 yards on the shore! The mount looks to be solid and I even made a separate contraption for it that connected the base mount to the water proof case itself, BUT on a big wave what happened was the yellow locking mechanism on the water proof case completely ripped off from the water proof case! I am not going to go surfing with the surfboard mount again. If I did, it would have to be on a small wave day.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2015
Hung on my wakeboard through some heavy action. Base is very solid and both the base and the clamp have provisions to leash to your board, which I did., because of other reviews, I went ahead and used a wide rubber band over the locking mechanism and when I mounted it, I always made sure the clamp opened forward (into direction of travel) to give a little more security. Never had it open over a week of fun. I would imagine that a roll into the bottom might snap it, but that is why I had everything leashed to the board.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2013
I've used these to mount the Contour to the bottom of an airplane wingtip with VHB black tape and a screw passing through the front tab for extra security. The mount allows easy adjustment of the camera side to side and up and down. The video is clean and stable.
on November 25, 2013
Works good, husband uses it to mount camera on his jet ski during races. Haven't had a problem with it yet. Seems stable and sturdy.
on March 8, 2013
If you have a Contour, this is the mount to use on your SUP, easy to use and very secure mount.
on February 17, 2013
First off I have no complaints about this product. It was cheaper than the helmet mount and it looked similar so I thought I could make it work on a helmet, but I was wrong. The mount is to stiff to mount to a helmet.
on June 8, 2012
The mount looks extremely secure. And for on a surfboard, it would probably work well. My only real complaint is in the description (or lack thereof) of the product and its capabilities. I was trying to find a mount (for a boat) that would hold the Contour Roam in its waterproof case while attached to a vertical surface. This mount won't do that while keeping the camera level with the horizon. This is contrary to what the actual Contour site itself says. It claims 180 degree tilt ability; it won't. While the images would seem to indicate that the mount can tilt 180 degrees in the plane perpendicular to the mounting surface, it won't. For example, if you were to put this mount on a flat surface, you could not make the camera point straight up with no lean or tilt off of vertical. The mount itself will not let the mounting rail go to that angle (due to a very poorly placed lanyard ring on the mount). But even if it did, for the contour roam waterproof case, the button and the portion of the case which is raised around the button on the very back of the case would keep the mount and case from reaching the fully upright (90 degree) position.
on October 21, 2014
This mount does its job. I have one of these on my paddleboard and one on my downhill ski. I lost a camera with this mount this summer surfing in lake MI because I trusted it too much. While surfing I fell down and hit my back on the mount popping the camera off the mount and losing it into the abyss of the lake. So from now on i will have it attached with a leash!

Versitile mount with many possible uses. 3 stars.
on January 1, 2015
Solid mount; used for "silent witness" while driving (Using Contour 2).
on December 13, 2014
Flat mount with superglue for it to hold