Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on February 6, 2012
This mount has one critical oversight. Unless you wear the headband like a blindfold over your eyes, the camera will point up into the air, above your path of travel. If this had a rotating camera mount like the goggle strap mount, it would be much more useful. But as it is, this mount is good for capturing video of the sky and not much else.
on May 14, 2012
If you ever wear a headband, you'll notice that it doesn't sit horizontally on your head. It will tend to tilt upwards. This headband mount just doesn't care. The mounting angle is not adjustable at all. The only way to make the camera point forward is to move the headband to an uncomfortable, insecure position on the head. If you try to use the camera like this while moving(what the camera was designed for), the headband will gradually start to angle upwards again. I bought a Contour HD and this headband specifically for a special event. I was very disappointed when I reviewed my footage later(there is no option to preview a shot)and found that the camera was aimed at the sky for almost the entire event.

I would not recommend this product.
on April 23, 2013
A view from the camera when mounted comfortably. You can improve the angle by adjusting the band, but it becomes unstable. May be useful for long distance bike riders??
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
Like others have said, the headband is a big pain! The band will always slide down on your head until the camera starts resting on your ear which got really painful after 20 minuets. The mount also ends up pointing the camera towards the sky. But it can be fixed! I took another strap measured and cut it to my desire and then sewn it to run over my head on both sides of the head band. Now the camera will not sag, holds position very well and adds A TON of stabilization. No more wobble. A necessary and very well modification :) Will post pictures of this. Check them out in the image section for the item listing.
review image review image review image
on February 24, 2013
two main problems, head does not rotate so it will naturally aim up, even if you adjust it it will turn back up after a while. also it sits flush with your head which makes it angled inwards so your forehead will cover a part of the video. i had to attach a 20^ wedge to resolve this issue. other than that it holds good. all an all i would say this is worth it for 5 bucks other wise you are paying too much. I ended up getting a gaggles attachment and connect it a head strap that i had. worked better that way.
on January 30, 2013
I bought this to RUN with my Contour Roam. You just can't run with the camera... It bounces and you end up with crap video. You can not wear it tight enough to prevent the bouncing. It will give you a headache if you wear it too tight. Probably great for anything other than running.
on June 12, 2013
The headband is tough, durable, and comfortable. It can be easily adjusted and the HeadCam locks into the clip nice and snug.

One issue though is I wish the mount connector on the headband was different so you could adjust the camera up and down. I do have different mounts for my cam, but not one that will work with the headband as the strap on this is not as wide as a regular goggle strap.
on November 4, 2013
This is a must have for the Contour Roam camera for hands free use. It is made of comfortable elastic and adjust for multiple sizes. The camera can be position on either side of your head and is pretty stationary. I used this during my trip to Hawaii for bike riding, running, and even swimming. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
on July 11, 2013
This thing is worthless - the strap is weak, like one you'd see on a headlamp, not goggles. That means that your camera's going to bounce around everywhere any wobble if you move at all. Also, the mount portion is not adjustable, so you can't angle the camera without adjusting the whole strap. The ideal angle would put the strap over your eyes as well - how worthless is that?

Overall the Contour (I got an original Roam - haven't used it enough to review it yet) seems like a decent product, but the mounts are pretty crappy and generally way overpriced compared to what you see for the gopro. I've actually gotten a combination of the gopro headstrap and the contour goggle mount to use - it's more expensive but so far it's way more secure and you can angle it to get shots you'll actually want. Don't waste your time with this garbage (I returned it to Amazon - refund pending).
on September 17, 2012
This headband worked very well for me. It kept the Countour camera in place without moving around. I recently used it on a white water rafting trip, and had the camera inside a waterproof case. Even with the extra size and weight, it worked just fine. It did fall off my head once when I got knocked into the water, but what do you expect? It's a headband -- not bolted to my head! However, several times I jumped into the water on purpose and it stayed in place, no problem. Throughout the entire rafting trip, the camera stayed where it was supposed to be, despite being jostled and bounced around. Overall, the strap is fairly comfortable.