Contour 3720 Rotating Flat Surface Mount for Contour Cameras
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Solid ratchet-type rotation lets you set that perfect angle.
- Easy to push rotating button confidently holds your camera.
- Fits all Contour cameras.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: Black
Top Customer Reviews
First I would like to tell you what you get in the box. You get the mount, a safety strap and an extra 3M stick on pad.
I have wiped out many times on my snowboard and the mount has never come off. At high speed on my motorcycle
it has never come off. I find the locking mechanism works great. There is no movement of the camera. I attach the safety
strap from my camera to the helmet strap and not from the camera to the mount.
Sometimes you want to adjust the angle in which you are shooting and this mount allows you to do so.
The old mount that came with my contour HD had velcro and you could rotate it, but I was always worried that it would pop off.
Not with this mount. I would not hesitate to buy this mount if your looking for a good solid mount with rotation options.
1) The old base was perfectly flat, which, okay, is implied in the description. But I'm guessing the vast majority of these end up on (slightly convex) snow and skate helmets. The little wings make the base slightly concave, perfect for getting as much of the adhesive pad on the surface as possible. I'd estimate 70% of the original mount pad ended up sticking to my Smith Holt helmet; the new one probably has 95% contact. Of course, the wings flex in the other direction as well, if you want to mount it on a completely flat surface.
2) The old ratcheting was coarse, and rough. At times it could feel like you may twist off the mount, or break it. This new one glides smoothly when unlocked, but is completely immobilized at whatever angle you choose when you lock it.
3) The fit of the rail mount and the base could be very poor; a mounted camera would still wobble or jiggle, even when locked. This new mount is completely still.
Of course I'm disappointed to have to buy another mount, but Contour have clearly taken all the feedback they received from the first mount, and made the one I'd always wanted.
I would recommend this product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works perfect and sticks to nothing else. Easy to apply, just make sure you get it right, as there is very little room for second chances. Holds the camera very securely.Published 2 months ago by James Obrien
Perfect for mounting my Contour Camera to my helmet. Very strong adhesive. Camera will not fall off helmet at high speeds. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Elaine Ragusa
Did as expected, shipping was incredibly fast. I use this for paintballing which deals with a lot of running around and getting shot at. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Dantespice
Brilliant. Works perfect with AGV K-3 helmet. Thanks Amazon. What would I do without Amazon.Published 4 months ago by ELIAS VASILOPOULOS