Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Contour 3800 Roll Bar Mount for ContourGPS, ContourHD, and VHoldR
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 8, 2011
I've bought two of these and use them to attach my ContourGPS and ContourHD to the wing strut of a Cessna 172. I don't use the provided strap, but have replaced that with a whole bunch of nylon cord and duct tape. That way I am sure it won't come loose. The ball joints works great and the tightening knob is very secure. I am actually looking at the Ram site for additional components. I attach it at the beginning of the day and leave it there all day. I can change cameras attached, but don't have to worry about the mount, it is a very secure solution, even on a plane doing spins and dives.
on February 25, 2013
Not much to say. This is the mount for mounting your Contour camera (I have a Roam2) to your roof rack or rollbar. Works as advertised, only takes about 5 minutes to install it and your camera into it. You will need a flat head screwdriver for installation.

There is one small issue which cost it a star. There are plenty of standard mounts that would go into the little threaded hole on the bottom of the camera, such as a gorilla pod. But I wanted something that wouldn't have the small threaded connection because through vibration that could get loose and my camera could be rotating back and forth without my knowing. So I decided to get the Contour mount to eliminate this risk. Well the little plastic mount that actually holds onto the camera is basically just a small threaded attachment that screws onto the base! So for me, there is still risk of that screw unscrewing just a little and causing me problems. For the record that is the same screw type (1/4-20) that goes directly into the cameras base.

All that being said, I took this baby off roading shortly after getting it. I attached it to the roof rack of my Xterra and bounced around in the woods for a while. Not once did the connection at the bolt come loose, and the camera stayed exactly where I had aimed it the entire time (except one time when I ran the camera into a low hanging branch and it rotated at the ball, but not much that could be done about that, I got out, re-aimed it, and went on my way).
on April 20, 2012
I mount my Contour on a motorcycle and have a number of types of mounts. As they are based on the RAM mounting system they are interchangeable allowing me to use several types to position the camera in various location on my bike. Roll bar mount allows for mounting to the front forks or the crash slider on the side of the bike. I leave the mounting there but take the swivel and move it to another 1" ball I have mounted on the rear or the handlebar.
on April 17, 2012
I haven't had a chance to use it yet. But the product seams to be well made. It takes a little effort to slide the rubber boot onto the pipe clamp. Just so you know there is no padding on the under side of the base of the arm. I had to add some 3M padded adhesive so that it wouldn't scratching anything I mounted it to, like my motorcycle handle bar.
on June 27, 2013
This mount works perfectly and you could even interchange other ram or ball in socket mounts to work with it. I would highly recommend it for racing or various other applications where you need to mount the camera to a pole.
on September 8, 2013
A good product but lacked good installation instructions. A part that was included in the kit was for an older camera, therefore did not fit my camera. I had to call Contour to find this out All of the instructions for the Contour camera are poor.
on March 20, 2014
This thing is amazingly sturdy and stable, like all RAM mounts. I have this mounted on the drivers side roll bar of my jeep. It gives me enough room to shoot video forward facing above the windshield, protected below the windshield, back at the passengers, along the sides of my jeep. Its perfect. The specialized contour cradle is attached to a 1/4-20 bolt ball adapter which you can remove and use for pretty much any camera you have. I love this mount, its strong enough I occasionally will hold on to it while getting in and out, and am not worried about hanging things from it while camping or hitting the trails.
on June 3, 2012
No cons on this product as it does what it is intended to do. One word of caution though, don't over tighten the "hose clamp" on aluminum streamlined tubing. Medium tight works just fine in this case.
on November 28, 2012
Works great. Very stable.. No shacking and very proud of the mount would recommend to anyone that races.. I race mini stock and works great. Pracing24 is name on YouTube with videos
on January 6, 2013
Very sturdy and flexible in terms of mounting arrangements. It holds the camera position precisely and securely despite a lot of bouncing around. It uses a standard hose clamp for mounting so you can actually use it on larger tubes than they've advertised by grabbing a larger clamp for 75 cents at any hardware store (I did this and it works great). If you keep any sized electric screwdriver or drill with you, you can un-mount, relocate, and re-mount in a few minutes. It takes a little longer if you're using a manual screwdriver. If you bought two of these, you could switch the camera from one to the other in 30 seconds. Very happy with this, and I use it all the time.