5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution to my problem.
Published on September 8, 2011 by Robert L. Mace

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke before 1st use
This unit is really handy, but the upper black saddle thing completely crumbled when I tried to put the camera on. figured out a way to use it without saddle, so still worth what I paid.
Published 16 months ago by J. T. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution to my problem., September 8, 2011
This review is from: Contour 3800 Roll Bar Mount for ContourGPS, ContourHD, and VHoldR (Electronics)
I've bought two of these and use them to attach my ContourGPS and ContourHD to the wing strut of a Cessna 172. I don't use the provided strap, but have replaced that with a whole bunch of nylon cord and duct tape. That way I am sure it won't come loose. The ball joints works great and the tightening knob is very secure. I am actually looking at the Ram site for additional components. I attach it at the beginning of the day and leave it there all day. I can change cameras attached, but don't have to worry about the mount, it is a very secure solution, even on a plane doing spins and dives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great contour mount, November 28, 2012
Works great. Very stable.. No shacking and very proud of the mount would recommend to anyone that races.. I race mini stock and works great. Pracing24 is name on YouTube with videos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mounting Flexibility, April 20, 2012
Ian Thomason (Rouse Hill, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
I mount my Contour on a motorcycle and have a number of types of mounts. As they are based on the RAM mounting system they are interchangeable allowing me to use several types to position the camera in various location on my bike. Roll bar mount allows for mounting to the front forks or the crash slider on the side of the bike. I leave the mounting there but take the swivel and move it to another 1" ball I have mounted on the rear or the handlebar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, February 25, 2013
Not much to say. This is the mount for mounting your Contour camera (I have a Roam2) to your roof rack or rollbar. Works as advertised, only takes about 5 minutes to install it and your camera into it. You will need a flat head screwdriver for installation.

There is one small issue which cost it a star. There are plenty of standard mounts that would go into the little threaded hole on the bottom of the camera, such as a gorilla pod. But I wanted something that wouldn't have the small threaded connection because through vibration that could get loose and my camera could be rotating back and forth without my knowing. So I decided to get the Contour mount to eliminate this risk. Well the little plastic mount that actually holds onto the camera is basically just a small threaded attachment that screws onto the base! So for me, there is still risk of that screw unscrewing just a little and causing me problems. For the record that is the same screw type (1/4-20) that goes directly into the cameras base.

All that being said, I took this baby off roading shortly after getting it. I attached it to the roof rack of my Xterra and bounced around in the woods for a while. Not once did the connection at the bolt come loose, and the camera stayed exactly where I had aimed it the entire time (except one time when I ran the camera into a low hanging branch and it rotated at the ball, but not much that could be done about that, I got out, re-aimed it, and went on my way).

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest camera mount you will ever buy, March 20, 2014
This thing is amazingly sturdy and stable, like all RAM mounts. I have this mounted on the drivers side roll bar of my jeep. It gives me enough room to shoot video forward facing above the windshield, protected below the windshield, back at the passengers, along the sides of my jeep. Its perfect. The specialized contour cradle is attached to a 1/4-20 bolt ball adapter which you can remove and use for pretty much any camera you have. I love this mount, its strong enough I occasionally will hold on to it while getting in and out, and am not worried about hanging things from it while camping or hitting the trails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., February 14, 2014
I do like this product. It is sturdy, hold camera in place very securely. No complaints at all. good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coutour HD roll bar mount, September 8, 2013
A good product but lacked good installation instructions. A part that was included in the kit was for an older camera, therefore did not fit my camera. I had to call Contour to find this out All of the instructions for the Contour camera are poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid mount., July 13, 2013
Simply put - it works as advertised. Clamps down with absolutely no camera movement on the roll cage of my track car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., July 11, 2013
As expected, a quality product by Rammount.
Can be easily mounted an adjustable in any angle.
And excellent value considering what you get and what those items would cost separate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, June 27, 2013
This mount works perfectly and you could even interchange other ram or ball in socket mounts to work with it. I would highly recommend it for racing or various other applications where you need to mount the camera to a pole.

Rate and Discover Movies