Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Contour 4160 Right Profile Mount for Contour Cameras
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 4, 2011
These helmet mounts are good, the base is flexible and the mount is rigid and maintains integrity when the base is ¡§wrapped¡¨ to the helmet.

The reviews of these mounts do not adequately clobber the weak two-sided tape. Furthermore, if you expect to mount these to a helmet using the two-sided tape you are living in a fantasyland.

You will see what I mean when you get them and you go to peel off the adhesion protector, the two-sided tape will come with it. º

Knowing this in advance, I developed an alternate plan that involved Gorilla Glue and four-inch Bessey Clamps. Remove the two-sided tape and use a razor knife to cut some small gouges into the base, use a small piece of tape on the backside to cover the mount hole and lightly apply Gorilla Glue to the base. The four-inch clamps allow you to reach the both sides of the helmet to bend the base into place.

I took great care to align my mount prior to gluing and I taped the helmet off so that Gorilla Glue did not get all over my helmet. A bit of care and you can produce professional quality work. The mount works well, formed to the helmet and should hold through a hurricane.
on September 25, 2011
Only problem I had was inadequate adhesive on the mount. I had the adhesive fail during a roll in my whitewater kayak. I replaced the original adhesive pad with 3M Dual-Lock (kinda like a super velcro). No problems since then.
on May 30, 2011
I was a afraid of losing my camera due to high speeds on the motorcycle but the Contour Camera mount really did it's job. It stayed right where I put it. The product came with two mounts so I put one on my wifes helmet. Now I can get in the video too. The helmet mount allows you to video what you look at simply by turning your head, not your whole bike.
I had a problem with finding all the accessarys I wanted for the camera but, I purchased at Amazon.com and they took care of the different companys involved and I recieved everything BEFORE the scheduled delivery date. Very happy. Gene-O, Houston, Tx.
on January 11, 2012
I tried the goggle strap mount that came with my Contour HD1080p, but wasn't that impressed. I took my time working out where to stick the Profile Mount on my snowboarding helmet. I was a little concerned with it staying on, especially in the cold, but it worked like a charm and I got some great shots.
on November 30, 2012
Glued it on a helmet and it works well. Wish they were sold in right and left packs instead of two right or two lefts. And read the description for which one you are ordering because the photos don't all ways match.
on August 22, 2011
This mount works great on a flat surface but it needs a little help from some extra super glue to keep in in place on a round surface, like my helmet. Once it's glued, it's great.
on June 25, 2013
This was a gift for my son who was headed to Afghanistan a couple of years ago. He wanted a helmet mount for a camera. I never did hear how it worked out, so I assume they worked as described
on October 2, 2013
I am already using this product to mount a Contour camera and this is an extra set for another helmet. Good adhesion and fits to the profiles of the helmet.
on October 14, 2014
works great, I have this on my fire helmet and has gone through some heat and it is still sticking.
on May 27, 2013
I purchased a Contour Camera as I believed the Contour to have better design and usability than the Go-Pro. I have since found that the abysmal quality of the helmet mounts for the Contour outweight any design and usability benefits.

When skiing anytime you go through branches or take a spill in which your helmet hits the snow (even gently) these mounts are _sure_ to break. The result is that you will spend a bunch of time combing the snow for your lost camera or if you don't notice simply lose your camera.

I have tried all the available mounts and found them all unacceptably bad, in fact I think that the Go-Pro will win the "sports camera" wars purely as a consequence of the terrible quality of these mounts.