4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I totally disagree with the comments about the poor quality double sided tape that these mounts come with.
I wanted to relocate one of these mounts to a different location on my helmet, and I could not believe how difficult it was to remove.
The key to making these mounts really stick is to clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol before hand.
If you don't,...
Published on August 18, 2012 by James

3.0 out of 5 stars less wobble than goggle mount
Published on October 18, 2011 by mellowspaz

3.0 out of 5 stars less wobble than goggle mount, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Contour Profile Mount - 2 pack by Contour (Misc.)
I bought this to use for snowboarding and the footage is a lot more stable than other contour mounts but the adhesive on this blows. If you're going to use this on a helmet, make sure you have good quality super glue and know that once you have this on you can't change angles. I used something similar to gorilla glue for plastics and it's holding perfectly, although messy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited surface use, January 8, 2012
Difficult to use on today's motox helmets design with irregular surface. Get your direction aligned with the camera before permanently fixing on to surface as the rail does not rotate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Contour Profile Mount - 2 pack by Contour (Misc.)
If you don't, then nothing will stick permanently, no matter what type of tape you use.
As for using glue on a $750.00 helmet....forget about it...!

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over priced, November 15, 2012
This product should cost eight bucks at the most, certainly not the twenty dollars (not including shipping)that this mount is being sold for here. This mount is nothing but a peice of molded plastic attached to some flimsy two sided tape. The design, product and adhesive are all cheap, and it probably costs the manufacturer about a dollar to make so the twenty dollar price tag is way to much for what the buyer gets.

The main problem is this two sided tape. Basically you are supposed to attach your two hundred dollar (and up) camera to your helmet with a twenty-five cent piece of tape. It is ridiculous. I am a kayaker who runs class IV-V whitewater and I would not trust this mount to get down the river on one trip let alone many river trips. The tape just isn't durable enough to take the constant temperature changes as well as the wet to dry conditions of running rivers. This is just a poorly made product that will not meet my needs as a boater. The big problem for Contour is that this mount is not in the same league as some of the Go-Pro mounts that are less than this mount.

If you decide to purchase this mount understand that you are going to need to modify this product if you are using this mount for water sports. If you are doing any kayaking class III and up then you will need to improve this product before you trust it keep your expensive camera safe. I basically super glued mine to my helmet, and simply used the tape to keep the mount in place as the glue dried. My first river trip with this mount was the Russell Fork and at the bottom of El Herrendo I smashed into a rock that I have no doubt would have ripped this mount from my helmet had I not modified this product.

In the end this is a cheaply made product that is not going to meet the expectations of aggressive boaters or really any water sport enthuists. It is just way over priced for what the buyer recieves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over priced, November 15, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars weak plastic and cheap glue., June 4, 2013
I broke the plastic past of the mount that came with my roam, and bought this set to replace it. On my original mount the glue held great, but even with proper cleaning (with alcohol) I could not get either of these two mounts to stick to my helmet in the same place where I had my original one. I originally really liked the idea of being able to mount these on the side of my helmet, but after one season of use I can say that contour really needs to improve this product if they want to have any chance of competing with gopro. The plastic holding the camera is way too thin, and in my opinion way over priced. CONTOUR IF YOU IMPROVE YOUR MOUNTING SYSTEM I MIGHT STICK WITH YOUR PRODUCT, BUT FOR NOW I THINK YOU ARE LOSING THE RACE.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed more mounts...these work., April 1, 2013
Nothing to complain about here. I needed extra mounts and these worked just as good as the mounts that came with my Contour. I use them for skydiving and they have never failed. Just follow the instructions and you should be good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contour Head Cam profile mount, March 4, 2013
Adhesion to helmet is excellent. Used on snowboard helmet in temperatures below -12F and held camera to helmet with no issues. Only negative requires a substancial force to slide camera into camera mount portion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works As It's Supposed To, February 24, 2013
B. Winckler (Northern Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I can't complain. They are made for Contour camera, works with Contour camera. Just wish they made adhesive replacements for them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not adjustable, February 16, 2013
I put one on my helmet and the angle was off, I would have to pull it off and reapply it to fix this, but it will not come off easy. Get an adjustable one, the stick fine to the side of you helmet.