Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Questions & Answers
ContourHD 1080p Helmet Camera
by Unknown
3.9 out of 5 stars (216)
$82.69
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
vote
They are trying to keep the costs down by only having a single SKU for the product. Good to have an extra card on you when shooting, in case you fill one up, along with an additional battery...
Oct 2, 2009 by Peter Galando
votes
Contour recommends a minimum of Class6 memory for smooth recording. Buy only verified Class 6 memory as it comes at a premium and some less reputable vendors mislabel their higher end memory. Chuck
Oct 26, 2009 by Chuck Hickl
votes
Push directly up on the bottom of the rubber cover (the narrow part) and it should sort of pop up/open.
Mar 13, 2013 by Clancy1
votes
It will not.
16 days ago by Leon Allan Moe
votes
only the contour + and the contour +2 has that function. when you go to the contour storyteller software, you can configure your camera to do so. the benefit of the + and the +2 is that it's mobile device compatible meaning that you can run your camera straight off or your mobile or tablet devices. as for the other models, you can't do that cause they are specifically for other types of filming. hope that helps.
Jul 15, 2013 by psy101514
votes
I don't know enough about pest control to answer your question. So I'll tell you how I use it and that might help. It is used to capture my fishing exploits. My wife made me an elastic hat band that holds the camera on my large-brimmed fishing hat. So the microphone is on my hat and mounted above my left ear. It is used outdoors and often in the wind. When a fish is on I will sometimes make comments about the tussle to get it to net, the rig and fly used, or the conditions. I have to talk just a little bit louder than my normal voice -- not shout but talk -- in order to have a reliable audio recording. Annoying is the fact that it has no ability to view what has been recorded. To do that requires a laptop or another computer. It turns itself off automatically from time-to-time (say I haven't recorded anything for a while). If I don't notice that it happened I miss capturing a catch. But overall I'm happy with it and as I've used it more the quirks bother me less.
Mar 22, 2013 by M. Mott
votes
automatically charges when you plug it into your computer, although if you feel the need to have more than 5hrs of recording time, a second battery and a travel charger would be recommended. a must get is the 16gb micro sdhc card tho. should hold about 6-7 hours of 720p video.
Apr 25, 2010 by M. Blunt
votes
should i wait? ? Jan 5, 2010
well i see you posted back on Jan5th.. maybe kinda late for an answer but I feel the ContourHD 1080P has some excellent video quality, nothing noticably wrong with the 135degree 720p view or the 1080p (which only happens at 110degree field of view). but since it is now late april i don't see the harm in waiting till just before next season to buy, unless you could use it for other sports like mountain biking, motorcycling, kayaking (waterproof case is now available), skydiving, etc. its a fun camera to own.
Apr 25, 2010 by M. Blunt
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers