5.0 out of 5 stars Only one fault
This pram is the BOMB! Fantastic double pram, or single pram with awesome shopping space! No need for an uncomfortable trolley ride for you (single) bub, cause heaps of shopping fits in the basket when only one child on board.
Pushes great, smooth and can be maneuvered with just one hand at times.
Great space between parent and pram allows for really long...
Published on November 13, 2012 by Pam M

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend
Published on January 15, 2013 by skheilplpy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one fault, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Contours Optima Tandem Stroller, Hudson (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
Pushes great, smooth and can be maneuvered with just one hand at times.
Great space between parent and pram allows for really long legs/big stride, no kicking the pram as you go!
Folds piece of cake!
Very light to handle.
Getting heaps of compliments and stares out and about, Im in Australia, and had this pram shipped over, total cost $420 AUD, which is SO CHEAP compared to our bulky side-by-side prams you get here for more than $600 AUD. So VERY pleased with the price!
Have a 2yr old (big boy) and am 7 months preg with another big boy.. this pram is easy for me to push, fold, carry has heaps of seat room for my 2yr old, so i know both boys will be using pram for quite some time. :)
Couldn't be happier.
One fault.. :(
And we cant fix/alter it either.. on the seat mechanism where the pram adjusts up and down (recline/sit up) it locks into place, but is sloppy :(
So essentially when you have it in your desired position, your child can rock it back and forth a good 1-2cm, making us worry the plastic parts will break..
So fingers crossed it wont, and this pram will last us at least 4 years!

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend, January 15, 2013
I purchased this stroller after reading several great reviews. Boy were they all wrong! I assembled it, disassembled it and sent it back! The thing is HUGE!! I drive a mid sized suv and it would have taken up my entire cargo area. Plus you have to remove one or both of the seats when you fold it up to get it even close to a size you want to mess with. I bought it for my 2 year old and newborn and my 2 year old was almost too big for it. The seats are also very cheaply made and the rock back and forth a bit when a child is in it. I figured it would break eventually which is another reason I returned it. The infant carrier adapter does the same thing! The only good thing I can say about it is that it has a ton of storage under the seats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - Lightweight, Easy to Use, Awesome, January 25, 2013
I was excited when I bought this stroller, having read multiple reviews regarding tandem strollers. This managed to exceed my high expectations, especially given the cost.

First, I love the number of ways you can change the seats - both facing forward or back or facing each other or back-to-back (avoiding the argument that one is kicking the other in the back). It also comes with one universal carseat adapter, which is perfect for me since I have a 3-year-old son and a 2-month-old daughter. The stroller is also used by my sitter, who watches my son and her 15-month-old (which is where the "he's kicking me" argument has arisen).

Second, the ease of repositioning the seats was one of major surprises when I bought this. Changing positions on this stroller is as easy as moving the handle on a car seat carrier - push a button on each side and pull up, flip around and push back down until the buttons snap back into place. To use the car seat adapter, you just pull off one of the seats and push the adapter on in its place. EASY. Made even easier by the fact that the seats are so lightweight (I could hold one of the seats with just a few fingers).

Third, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the wheels. While they are not the size of Bob-style or jogging strollers, they are larger than they seem in the pictures and larger than the standard Graco, Chicco or other "travel system" strollers. This makes pushing the stroller, especially through any rough/rocky areas, nearly effortless. It's also easier to steer. This is not a jogging stoller, but it is a stroller that can get around a mall, zoo, park, beat-up sidewalk, or other area without killing yourself. Honestly, when I purchased this instead of buying a $600-$900 stroller, I really thought what I was sacrificing was the wheel size and ease of pushing -- not true at all. Granted, I've never had a super expensive stroller, but now that I've realized how easy this is to use, I can't imagine needing anything more expensive (or getting any more value out of one more expensive).

Fourth, it is super lightweight. I had a standard Graco stroller with my son and it worked fine, but I swear this stroller is LIGHTER than the Graco made for one...

Fifth, I love that everyone has cupholders, including me. As kids get older, it's great that they can reach to get their own drink.

There are only two negatives (if you can call them that) with this purchase. First, the seats pivot a bit while riding. I don't think it's a flaw in the design and may be a weird attempt at suspension (but I don't think it worked). My kids did notice immediately, but don't mind at all. It may, however, be movement that some kids may not like. Second, the seats do recline, but it's really that the whole seat pivots back rather than just the back of the seat reclining as some do. It works just fine for me, but it wasn't how I expected to see it work.

Overall, I really can't believe how much I love this stroller - even more so because I didn't waste money on a more expensive stroller. Another mom of two just stopped by today for a playdate and after testing this stroller out, she's going to buy one as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for newborns, April 19, 2013
The stroller is very good quality and you can see right out of the box that it is a piece that will last you a while.
I do have two problems:
1: the stroller does no fold up very well. It stays very large at fold up. Unless you have a full/large SUV you're gonna have a problem trying to bring this thing along.
2: This is my major problem. We bought the stroller to be used with our Graco Snugride 35 carseats. Contours sells adapters to attach the carseats but I feel they are a very poor design. Basically the adaptors are metal bars that the carseats sits in between/on top of and is secured only by one strap. The car seats do not click into place or hold on in any way themselves to this adapter. The strap just goes over the carseats directly where the baby sits. It has to secure in the lowest point cutting into your baby's stomach. It is quite uncomfortable for the child an does not feel very secure. My children are 7lbs. Now an there is no way they will be able to fit under that strap much longer. I am surprised with how great the quality is that Contours did not take time to think how a child would be able to sit in this seat with the strap.
I would not recommend this stroller for application with Carseats. We are saving this stroller for when the kids are larger because it is going to be great when they can sit in the actual seats but had to buy the Graco twin stroller for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller!, December 26, 2012
Easy to open and fold up. Easy to push around. Love that you can easily change the seat positions and adjust depending on the sun's position. My twins love this stroller... HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stroller ever!, May 6, 2013
I have had this stroller for 4 months now. I absolutely love it. It is my most favorite baby item I have purchased for any of my 4 children. It is good quality, easy to push, lightweight, lots of basket room, seats are easy to put on and change whenever it is convenient for you. As other reviewers mentioned, I do have to take off the seats to get it in the back of my mini van, but besides a little inconvenience, it is simple and easy to do. I would highly recommend this stroller for anyone with two children close in age.
My only wish for this stroller is that I would really like for the seats to have trays to put food/snacks on while we are out. I frequently like to feed my kids lunch/snacks in the stroller, but with the seats not having trays I usually have to take the kids out and get high chairs.
I would highly recommend d this stroller, I would definitely buy it again and plan on getting a lot of use out of mine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth ride for our babies, April 29, 2013
We used this stroller for Disneyland. It was great! It is easy to push and has a big storage area underneath. We also loved switching the seats around so our kids could face different directions. We liked this much better than a sit n stand, because both kids got to take naps if needed. The only cons would be that every time you fold up the stroller, you have to detach the seats first. They are easy to detach, just a hassle when you are getting in and out of the tram at Disneyland. On the other hand, this is one of the smoothest rides for a double stroller, easy steering. Glad we bought!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice double stroller, April 11, 2013
I've looked at a lot of double strollers, and this one has a lot of great features for it's price. I like that you can adjust the seats to different positions and that the infant seat attachment comes with the stroller. The basket is huge which is really nice. It is very large and heavy, but so are most other double strollers that I have looked at. The seats do seem a bit small, but my tall, skinny 2 year old seems to fit okay. I'm a little concerned that she will outgrow it in height. I'm hoping she will fit for at least for another year. The seats do move around a bit; according to the product website this is intentional. Overall, I like this stroller.

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love, October 29, 2012
Love love love this stroller for my twins. Finally a stroller with practical easy options for a busy mama! Have gone thru 4 different strollers. This one is tops!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, March 2, 2013
I received the stroller one day later and am very happy with my purchase. I did not want to spend 600+ dollars on one of those brand name strollers and saw all the positive reviews and decided to try this one. I love that you can move the seats all different ways and that the infant adapter comes with the stroller (other expensive strollers make you buy pieces separately). I choose this one over the one that was a little less expensive because it had the height adjustable seats, parent tray and cup holders and baby cup holders as well as the peek a book cover on top of the canopy. I am very happy I purchased this one as it is a great deal for the money! It was very easy to put together. I do not find the stroller difficult to fold up- I am a petite woman and I don't think it's too heavy or difficult to fold. Maybe the people who had trouble with it didn't read how to fold it properly. Also, it stands upright on it's own once folded which is nice. I have a large SUV and so the stroller fits with plenty of room in my car- I don't think one can complain about the size of the fold up as it's a double stroller and all other brands I looked at before in person at the store were the same size in comparison. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, GREAT STROLLER!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›