Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

I made a decision to purchase the Contours stroller after reading many reviews. Affordability and the level of comfortability for my child were a top priority. I am very pleased with my purchase and feel that I got just about everything I wanted and needed in a stroller.

My son will be 2½ in a few months, is over 3 ½ feet tall, and weighs about 32 lbs. I finally came to the realization that he was going to look like a 4 year old in any stroller that he sat in, so I had to get what worked best. I was looking for a stroller that was easy to maneuver, had straps that easily adjusted as he grew, and was not too tight in the crotch area for him (as most were).
I let him sit in the Chicco Liteway and the Combi Cosmo in the store. These were our concerns:

Chicco--good cushioning, high back so he could rest his head comfortably, turned on a dime, feet didn't drag-- and looked great---------------but the shoulder straps and crotch area harness were too tight---no snack tray---storage basket was small and awkward---hubby loved the height, but not at the expense of son's comfortability.

Combi--loved the vertical easy fold--came with an over the shoulder strap for carrying---shoulder and crotch area seemed comfortable------it was a little difficult to turn, plus he kept putting his feet on the wheels--the footrest was pretty short---he started to bite the mesh snack tray so I immediately knew what it would like after a month or two of use--hubby felt that it was a little too low to the ground for him.

Contours Lite (Tangerine)

PROS:
Turns on a dime: You can literally turn it with your finger tips. Color is not as bright as some suggested. Decent high end look without the high end price.

Straps can be loosened or tightened fairly easily: The shoulder straps do not dig into my son's shoulders and there is plenty of room for the crotch area. There is still plenty of room to adjust these for him. The way they are attached in the back, did seem a little weird, but it's just different not unsafe.

Child snack tray holds sippy cup and snacks: love that it can hang to the left or right if I need it to for a moment or I can remove it and toss it in the storage basket---

Note: Snack Tray does sit high up (no biggie for my child)--If I had a younger toddler, I'd probably remove it and just use the Safefit Snack Pod ($7 or $8 at Babies R Us, Target, or Walmart--it has snack and cup holder and can be attached to the side) ---I own one and have put it on this stroller just to test it out.

Easy to clean fabric: Yes I've had a spill-- Soap and water works fine.

Reclines: Although it does not recline to a flat position, it does reclines back far enough for a long nap. It sits high enough so his feet don't touch the floor or drag.

Long footrest: When he's asleep, I do put his feet on the footrest so they don't dangle. Stroller sits up high, so regardless his feet definitlely wouldn't drag.

Weight Limit: I believe the weight limit may be 35 lbs. I am taking my chances on this since other reviews have stated that they have put older children in this stroller with no problem (i.e. an average sized six year old). I could be wrong, but I really don't see it being an issue within the next year and half.

Large Storage Basket: I can put son's coat, my jacket, and a backpack or large diaper bag in the basket with a little room to spare.

Very Lightweight and easy to fold: Only 13 lbs--I was surprisingly shocked by how lightweight it was. It does require two hands to fold, but it is super easy and quick, just takes a second.

Easy to assemble: I never ever put anything together--and it only took me about 25 minutes. I hope I never have to replace anything, but if I recall from the manual, the most expensive replacement part is $14.

Doesn't take up a lot of space: I have a midsized car. The stroller folds in half and takes up a little less than half of my trunk space, leaving plenty of room for other things. It's a non issue in my husband's full size car. My travel system stroller left no room in my trunk.

CONS:
Does not sit fully upright:I wish it did sit upright at a 90 degree angle because the seat is pretty deep---Sometimes he likes to relax and lay back, sometimes he likes to pull himself up -but this doesn't seem to be an issue for my child, since he is older.

Not sure if I'd recommend this stroller for a small infant: I just like a fully reclining feature for infants. The Chicco Liteway would probably be better for a smaller infant. Just purchase the Safefit Snack Pod for the Chicco ($7 or $8 at Babies R US, Target or Walmart--it has snack and cup holder and can be attached to the side) I think the Contours stroller is recommended for kids 6 months or older. I would venture to say 1 year.

Not sure what the seat is made of: One day (not any time soon) I am going to check to see what the seat is made of--- It doesn't have any thick cushioning. He's been in it for two hours straight and it didn't seem to bother him. I am just more curious than anything. Some people believe that it is cardboard. If I get around to checking it out and it looks crazy, I may actually just add some batting to it (yeah right)!

Parent cupholder is just okay: I ended up purchasing the Sunshine Kids Stroller accessory buggy buddy for $7 at Babies R US and this was perfect. It has a zippered compartment for my keys and phone, plus I can put extra things in it like a drink for dad and snacks for me!

No height adjustable bar: My husband is 6"1' and I am 5"1'. Of course it is not an issue for me. He said that although he would have liked a height adjustable bar, it was okay because it turns so effortlessly. He has used it on several occasions with no complaints.

Canopy is a little flimsy when pulling it back: Just use both hands to pull it back and it will be a non issue (GRAB SIDES, PULL OUT, and THEN BACK, because it does have two little pieces on the sides to keep it in place).

No lever to recline or reposition the seat: I am used to being able to simply push a lever to recline or put the seat back into an upright position. However this seat has a "buckle" in the back so I have to tighten and untighten the straps manually. What used to take a second now takes about 30 seconds. It's not a deal breaker, it's just somewhat irritating.

I know this was a long review, but I wanted to address all the major concerns to help you make the best stroller purchasing decision for your household. It is definitely one to consider. I gave it a four because it lacked a height adjustable bar, I had to purchase the stroller accessory, and because there was no lever to recline or reposition the seat. Hey, you have to pick your battles!!! Again, I am pleased with my purchase.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2010
It has all that I was looking for in a basic lightweight stroller.

Pros:
Lightweight
Has a snack tray (not all lightweight strollers have a tray)
Reclines pretty far back
Big storage basket underneath
Maneuvers well
5 point harness
It was a bargain at 80 bucks!

Cons:
The canopy could be a little bigger, but I just like really big canopies
The snack tray is a high, so it can get in the line of vision of a small child. But, it can be disconnected if needed.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 2, 2010
I have been going back and forth over which lightweight stroller to order. I am buying for my 3 child and had several stroller over the years from every brand. This however was a first purchase from Kolcraft. I read the reviews over and over and finally ordered it.
Shipped fast and the stroller is nice looking from afar. I think it looks to be made a bit cheap though(up close). I guess for $[...] you get what you pay for. I have a few issues with this stroller, the first being is that it is too short. I am 5'7 and I felt like I am hunched over to push it. My son who is 19 months can reach the handlebar when standing behind it. I wanted to mention this because I didn't see any other reviews that talked about height. And second is the no parent tray...it not something I am used to. The cup holder it does come with is too small to hold just about anything.
And this may be just a fault with mine, but the canopy kinda sticks and doesn't open without being tugged on hard. It looks like it gets stuck on a piece of plastic on both side of the stroller.
This stroller is going back tomorrow. :(
I am giving it 3 stars because overall (and if I was able to give it a more through chance) it would probably be a nice stroller.....for somebody shorter :)
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 23, 2011
As a dad, I'm always in search of the best features/functions/value and this stroller really delivers. A recent trip on an airplane prompted us to begin searching for a compact stroller that would make for an easy trip. I did a ton of comparisons, ranging from basic umbrella strollers to the high-end Maclarens and larger strollers. Although I wanted a stroller that would let us get in and out of the airport fast, I also wanted a comfortable stroller that we could use for extended periods of time. In the end, I chose this stroller because it:
was light-weight
collapsed easily
had a front tray
adult cup holder
full sunshade
large basket
reclined for napping

There have been some comments regarding the height of the stroller, but I am 5'11", and have had no problems pushing this stroller on long walks. The handle seems to be at a regular height, and the continuous handle makes for easy 1 hand pushing.

I really like having the tray on the front for the baby, and surprised that more light-weight strollers are missing this feature. If you want to feed the kid, a tray is pretty helpful. Although it is set high compared to the baby's height, our baby can easily pull herself up to reach a couple puff's we leave on the tray for her snack. The tray is also detachable.

The recline is satisfactory, and although it does not recline fully, it is good enough for napping (a key feature when you're at functions late night). The basket is really nice and big, and we can easily fit her diaper bad and wife's purse. The sun shade covers adequately.

This stroller folds forward (like a beach chair), which I find preferable to the long fold of the typical umbrella stroller. The forward fold fits better in our car and is easy to unfold using 1 hand.

Lastly, the price is just right. This stroller literally offers every feature you might want, and for much less than other high-end strollers. The construction is robust enough, that it should last for a while, and it looks great while doing so.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 6, 2011
I was looking for a stroller to take with while traveling overseas with two kids. I needed a lightweight stroller with descent shade, easy to maneuver, with a cup and snack tray, large storage basket underneath AND I wanted it to be comfortable enough for my new baby to sleep in, so I was looking for one with reclining option. Two years ago I traveled with my son, and then I took a full size stroller I bought with my travel system. It had all those features but it was very heavy. This stroller offers all of those things but it's very light, easy to carry, and it's all I need for my trip. The only thing that I'd like Kolcraft to work on is the way it folds. It doesn't fold all the way flat, I'll have to get a gate check bag for it, otherwise I'm afraid it might get damaged on the plane (they way they treat luggage these days, my stroller might not survive the flight).

I strongly to recommend this product to those who are looking for same features, yet don't want to spend too much money. I was looking into MacLaren and UppaBaby but I can't afford to spend that much money. And altogether, this stroller is one of few that doesn't have any 1 star reviews. So it can't be that bad ;o)
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
So I did a lot of research on umbrella stollers and this is the one that stood out the most. It is a great price without looking cheap. I love the amount of space that the basket has at the bottom. The stoller is super easy to move around and is the perfect size. Some negatives would be 1) Don't like the safetly buckles for this product (somewhat cheap and hard to use) 2)The tray kinda tilts foward 3) the seat reclines, but you use a strap to put it into place and 4)Dosn't fold to be too compact. Overall the design is great and would buy again. Trust me look around, you are not going to get a better item for the price.
on August 3, 2010
This stroller is by far the best light stroller we have bought for our newborn. It is affortable, durable, and light enough for my petite wife to fold and unfold on her own. It is durable enough for my 45 pound daughter to sit in when she is tired. And it is the most affortable stroller out there. I recommend it to everyone.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 1, 2010
This stroller is the best stroller on the market! If you want something lite and easy then this is for you!!!! I put it together in 3 mins flat! It has the look of an expensive European stroller and cost so little! So not hesitate to purchase! It is a smooth ride and can turn on a dime! I have owned every stroller on the market and every travel system and this is the BEST! I only have one small complaint....the recline is good but the mechanism to recline the seat is a little generic but for the price I can get over it. I would give this stroller 6 stars if available!
on February 5, 2011
I don't usually take the time out to write product reviews but I had to for this stroller. I have looked everywhere for a light stroller that didnt look cheap and was reasonably priced. I almost did'nt get this one because of some of the not so good reviews but I took a chance and i'm glad I did. It looks great and is very, light and functional. I wanted something that I could have in the car in case I needed to go to the mall or store after work. I originally got a Cosco stroller for this purpose but it looked cheap and was impossible to steer. This stroller is a great improvement, steers great and the basket at the bottom is huge. The issues mentioned on some of the posts are not that big of a deal at least not for me and you cannot beat the price. Amazon delivers fast too, ordered on Monday got it on Friday. If you are looking for something light, functional, cute and dont want to pay a ridiculous price, GET THIS STROLLER!!
on April 12, 2012
My wife & I were looking for something smaller to tote our daughter (8mos.) in lieu of our current large, bulky travel stroller. After some diligent research, and a Consumer Reports best buy rating, we settled on the Contours-Lite Stroller Tangelo (I'll have a Tangelo smoothie please). Several reviews on the web address particular cons they found with the stroller the primary ones we found were:
No parent tray - We try not to carry unnecessary crap or clutter, there is a cup holder for the parents, and ample storage below the seating area (holds our well stocked diaper bag, my wife's purse, and other small items). Actually no top tray, is no problem for us.
Seat adjustment - The seat can be positioned from almost a 90 degree sitting, to flat out - allowing a baby or toddler to lay down. The seat is adjusted using a strap that's very easy to use and adjust. As easy or easier that the click positions on our Chicco travel stroller.
Child Tray - Some parents complained the tray is too high for their kids. AS mentioned earlier, our daughter is 8 mos., and the tray is a little high for her, but we bought this stroller expecting her to grow into it, and using it for a while, versus one of the smaller cheapy travel strollers.
The Sun Shade - the sun shade provides fairly ample coverage.
Wal-Mart had the cheapest price (at the time we ordered), and shipping was pretty good. The stroller assembly was straight forward and I had it assembled in 15-20 mins. It is light, easy to open, and close. This stroller is by no means as small, or as light as the umbrella strollers, but that's not what we were looking for (though much lighter and smaller than our travel stroller). If you are looking for a light, easy to assemble, easy open & close stroller, with ample storage, easy roll, stroller, that will fit your baby, infant or toddler as they grow buy this one.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...